ORAS PU New Style: Official Hype Train

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
291.png
479-frost.png
629.png
618.png
476.png
516.png

PU is official, what a time to be alive. I was planning to make another RMT sometime after the seasonal was concluded, but now this will be outdated anyway. I'm really hyped for all the cool shit coming in PU, but we've had an almighty 1 rmt since we got our tag so I assume nobody else here is. Anyway this is a really nice team, Ninjask was making a resurgence before the shift and I decided to try my hand at it. I brought it to the first to rounds of seasonal and got two wins and it's been fairly successful overall, and it in general is a ton of fun to play with with a few innovative sets. I really liked this meta despite Vigoroth cancer, and I'm sad to see it go.
And yes, this is technically the old style, not the new one. w/e

291.png

Jitterbug
479-frost.png

Best offensive partner to jitterbug in the tier
629.png

Removal
618.png

Stealth Rock
476.png

Normal resist+more pivot
516.png

Extra speed control and water type

Building is ez!

Overview:
291.gif
@ Choice Band
Ability: Speed Boost / Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
U-Turn / X-Scissor / Aerial Ace / Toxic

PU is a fast meta, but Ninjask is the peak of that. Offense, balanced offense, HO, even the occasional BO are just the best things right now. Ninjask capitalizes on the fast pivot by just screwing with everything with its trolly speed. The moveset is fairly standard with pivot/non pivot Bug STAB and Flying STAB, and in the last slot I've grown to appreciate toxic as a filler to cripple random switches and beat 1% sucker Golem and whatnot. As far as the ability goes, Speed Boost lets you clean easier by beating out scarfers, but Infiltrator helps with Toxic'ing Vigoroth behind a Substitute, making it slightly easier to handle, and also rare Meowstic I suppose.

479-frost.gif
@ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Substitute / Volt Switch / Blizzard / Thunderbolt

Like I said, Rotom is probably the best partner to Ninjask in the tier. Substitute sets are incredibly good at abusing Ninjask's number one annoyance, Stunfisk. Originally I went with a Will-O-Wisp set because it annoyed Metang more, but I'm proud to announce the next step in innovation: Sub Volt. It's honestly great, I was missing Volt when I ran Sub but you need it to really fuck over Stunfisk and the like so I just ran both. Now that Piloswine isn't in the tier, Wisp isn't needed to have a chance at outstalling it anyway. This is what you go to when you pivot with Ninjask and start breaking down teams, it's really hard to counter and most of the time you just need to Volt out of Grumpig once before they have no switch.

629.gif
@ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
U-Turn / Defog / Roost / Foul Play

Standard Vullaby makes its obligatory appearance because suddenly this guy is everywhere, and it's only gonna get worse with the tier shift. That being said, it's a really solid good mon that checks like any physical attacker, most Grass-types, and a ton of random stuff that it really shouldn't live. Plus, you know, obligatory Defog for your Bug/Flying+Ice type core is obligatory. SLOW PIVOTS AWAY

618.gif
@ Passho Berry
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
Stealth Rock / Discharge / Earth Power / Yawn

I mean why not run a Stunfisk on a team that looks mildly weak to Electrics and lacks Stealth Rock? The first few slots are fairly obvious, Yawn is my favorite filler to run because it helps with bulky setup sweepers and just shuffles things around. Not slashing it on the RMT, but run Endeavor if you want more Vigoroth handling, as you can Static then reveal Endeavor before they kill you. Passho Berry was chosen because the team's Water resist is its own frail Water type, and it relies more on never giving ground to waters than actually switching in, a plan that sounds somewhat retarded but tends to work alright. This is the bulky spdef thing that you switch in a few times, set up Rocks, maybe get a few Para's then sack it for free switches.

476-1.gif
@ Custap Berry
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
Earth Power / Volt Switch / Flash Cannon / Endure
I tried to innovate and ended up with Endure Custap, not sure if that counts. Probopass was brought on to trap Steel-types, but I realized that the standard Lefties/Air Balloon didn't really fit with the theme of not letting waters run all over you, so Endure Custap comes in to save my ass a ton. If you already have another SR setter, absolutely try this out because it's godly. Other than that, I have the standard triple coverage moves for Probopass, Earth Power lets me kill the things I trap, Volt is Volt, STAB is STAB. The EVs seem like I had no idea what I'm doing, but it creeps defensive Relicanth (and uninvested Bouffalant now) while also beating out most opposing Probopass unless you're really really anal about creeping.

516.gif
@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
Hydro Pump / Ice Beam / Superpower / Grass Knot | Knock Off

Scarf Simipour gives me a much needed fastmon, it used to be Scarf Floatzel but I needed the extra insurance versus Regice. Scarf Simipour beats out Chatot, Dodrio, Floatzel and Mr. Mime, the most common scarfers in the tier. Hydro/Ice Beam form the bulk of my special coverage, while Superpower hits Regice while also being an option versus random normals, despite it being somewhat weak. Low Kick tends to be more common, but the extra damage vs Regice and more consistent damage vs things like Vigoroth or whatever is a lot nicer. In the last slot, Knock Off is again the "extra option for Vigoroth slot". Other than that, Grass Knot is the main option to hit opposing waters if you want to be good.

Replays
Rather than post a ladder peak thanks to notoriously awful quality, I got lots of these, thanks to all the people who were willing to fight

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-283259175 vs Shaneghoul when I had scarf floatzel and Metang
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-283253620 vs Anty when I had scarf floatzel and Metang

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-284691891 vs -Grim for the PU seasonal
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-286841221 vs Shrug for the PU seasonal
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-289365697 vs Magnemite, Rotom is broken
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-289368275 vs TONE114
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-289375556 vs Dundies
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-289407404 vs dodmen

Threatlist

378.png

If it's life orb, you can wear it down and smack it with Simipour and Ninjask. If they're lefties tank, run for the hills (or just dodge every focus blast tbh)
288.png

This is balanced! Knock it off, toxic it, paralyze it, pressure it, u-turn on it, freeze it. Not a surefire 6-0 but annoys the hell out of you
076.png

No switches, you can lead Vullaby and just U-turn to break the Sturdy before pressuring it with Simipour and Rotom. Needs careful playing around but not as scary

Ninjask @ Choice Band
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Toxic

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog
- Foul Play

Rotom-Frost @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Probopass @ Custap Berry
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Endure

Stunfisk @ Passho Berry
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Yawn
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Earth Power

Simipour @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Superpower
- Grass Knot

291.gif
479-frost.gif
629.gif
618.gif
476-1.gif
516.gif

PU
[20:09] Magnemite: the only pu youtuber is megazard
[20:09] Magnemite: well only good one
Dundies Anty Twix pretty bad auth tbh
TONE114 2xTheTap -Grim Sir Kay trc gasquakee pretty good auth tbh
galbia Raiza Italians aren't humans
scorpdestroyer Montsegur Terrakion. Deej Dy Mistress Remilia you guys should play this tier again
Tect Mael Kingler12345 HJAD BulbaSword :toast:

Not PU
Peli haha
Austin ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
PoMMan Meteordash Cobalion. thecrystalonix Arifeen Teddeh no leaks but fun room
BreloomMyHomie Jarii I never said grats on your promotions so grats on your promotions n_n
Feliburn is a meanie
Shiba Vapo R0ady iWanka I pretend I play UU and bide my time until the Hippo drop
Joshz Zangooser baconbagon Rhythms Dream Eater Gengar xJownage You guys all hate PU a ton so here's an annoyance tag
I post way too many rmts but honestly, HYPE

Attachments

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey nice team, not much to recommend as the whole team works as a unit + I guess this was more of a showcase than a rate because the tier shift, though actually your team has a good matchup vs the tier shifts. The only thing I can suggest which wont change the team too much is changing Stunfisk to Roselia, and making Probopass a Stealth Rock set. Ik that both those mons fill a unique roll on the team, but having a lack of water resist is really frustrating in this tier, especially because floatzel can really threaten this team by pressuring your defensive pokemon, and if stealth rocks is up, then ninjask would not like to revenge kill and rotom would die to a hydro pump. Roselia ofc provides a normal resist and it can help you pressure steel-types with spikes (I have never found spikes + defog on the same team to be too inefficient). Ofc you would want another stealth rocker, so maybe replace volt switch on probopass if you really need endure custap.

Again ik this isnt a perfect solution, as removing stunfisk makes other mons like zebstrika more annoying, but it is something to try out :]. Sorry not gonna provide sets as you know as well as anybody what those mons do. Also u vs me replay links to the wrong thing I think you mean this:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-283253620

ty for the s/o but im disappointed to be in the same section as twix and dundies "/

Reactions: MZ

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Roselia ofc provides a normal resist
I'll test this, but on paper it just doesnt seem too good. The basic reasoning is "helps with water types", but I'm weakening the matchup vs flying types quite a bit without stunfisk, as well as in general zebstrika and raichu being much more painful. I know the lack of a water resist is unconventional, but the team just isn't overly pressured by them and the suggestion is removing something that's supposed to lure and kill float/simi for something that gets more pressured by the two with threats of CB/specs IB/Knock/NP IB. Stunfisk, as weird as it sounds, is just the more offensive option

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)