NEW TEAM - AMPHAAABULOUS

HELLO HELLO HELLO. I've made quite a few RMTs now, and my last one, which I put a lot of effort into, was very well received, HOWEVER I present to you today not as serious or good of a team, but a rather fun one that is still somewhat decent, revolving around this handsome motherfucker:

He is the main star of the team (and my heart (no homo)) and its existence is purely to do him. Anyway, here's the team:

Amphabulous (Ampharos-Mega) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 220 SDef / 252 HP / 36 SAtk
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Heal Bell

SO MAJESTIC. Anyway this bad boy serves as a support pivot and other half of a VoltTurn duo, with minimum speed IVs to ensure he functions well as a pivot. The moveset is fairly self explanatory, with two powerful STABs, a powerful move regardless, and a good support move, Ampharos really is a good pokemon for the team, and it saddens me to not see this gorgeous fucker more often.

Breasts (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 168 Def / 24 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Bronzong always looks like it just shat itself. Anyway, Bronzong is the best possible partner for Amph, resisting 3 of his weaknesses and being immune to the other. Functions as a stealth rock setter clearly, and this Zong is a little more offensively oriented to deal with fairies and and whatnot. Toxic is there to, you know, poison things, and I've decked him out with minimum speed IVs to get the most out of Gyro Ball.

Jeff (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Play Rough
- Waterfall

DOES THIS LOOK LIKE THE FACE OF MERCY. But total srs, Azumarill is a wonderful addition to the AmphZong duo. AmphZongMarill? No, that doesn't work at all... ANYWAY, this is your standard set, designed to hit hard. I opted not to go for Belly Drum because Belly Drum is fucking stupid, sorry. It's nowhere near as good as people think, and I'd prefer not to have half my HP severed and still retain a massive attack.

Veronica (Virizion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 4 SDef / 32 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

I much prefer Virizion to Breloom, and with my team badly needing both Grass and Fighting moves for coverage, here we are. With speed matching Infernape's, even unboosted she can outspeed many pokemon, and really the ones that she takes care of don't NEED to be vastly outsped (Heatran, Gastrodon, Quagsire, Azumarill) since she does it anyway. Part of a fire-water-grass core thing I got goin' here, if you didn't notice.

Grump (Talonflame) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Roost

THIS FUCKER. He's EVERYWHERE, and for good reason. With such an OP ability, why wouldn't you? Well there's a lot of reasons but whatever. Priority roost + leftovers negates stealth rock damage if you aren't against a potent threat. Part of a volt-turn combo as well. Pretty fly man. (much laughter ensues)

Bootystank @ Assault Vest
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 116 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef / 136 Def
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Quite bulky. Good Talonflame check. With the assault vest he becomes very difficult to take down, and that's a problem for many teams. Biggest problem with him here is I have to look at the derpy thing when using him. Oh well, he's still a good pokemon, and fits pretty wellish on the team.

And there you have it.

Threats: A metric fuckton. Aegislash, Mega Venusaur, Mega Charizard Y, you name it. Probably more.

ANYWAY, throw all the suggestions you have at me. This is a more fun team than anything, but if it can be improved upon I'll change some things around. Cheers

Last edited:
On Azumarill I would run 88 EVs in speed. The reason for this is so you can outspeed base 60s and lower with no speed investment allowing Azumarill to take out things like Blissey,Jellicent, ect. who with no speed EVs could outspeed and cause trouble for your Azumarill.

Having Virizion be a tank is a cool idea but you may want to try something like this.

Virizion Leftovers
252 hp / 232 sp. def / 24 spe
Calm
-Energy Ball
-Focus Blast
-Subsitute
-Calm Mind

If Virizion gets the opportunity to set up while under a substitute this thing is bad news. Also it can be a semi-good special tank while being able to dish out damage as well. If you don't like this idea you could also go something like this.

Virizion @ChoiceScarf
252 atk / 252 spe / 4 sp. def
Hasty
-Leaf Blade
-Close Combat/Secret Sword
-Stone edge
-HP ice

Your team is in desperate need of a scarfer. Coming off of a base 108 speed stat Virizion can outspeed the entire unboosted metagame. 90 attack isn't "great" but with great STAB options and stone edge Virizion will be sure to catch the opponent off guard. HP ice is for gliscor since if your Azumarill or Swampert go down Gliscor can plow through the rest of your team. It can also hit Garchomp,Dragonite,Flygon, ect. hard but CC and stone edge can too.

On talonflame I would recommend running Life Orb over leftovers for a bit more power. You already have roost and since your Jolly instead of Adamant brave bird and flare blitz may do a bit under whelming damage. the backfire to this is talonflame will kill itself from recoil after knocking out at least two pokemon so be wary of that.

On Azumarill I would run 88 EVs in speed. The reason for this is so you can outspeed base 60s and lower with no speed investment allowing Azumarill to take out things like Blissey,Jellicent, ect. who with no speed EVs could outspeed and cause trouble for your Azumarill.

Having Virizion be a tank is a cool idea but you may want to try something like this.

Virizion Leftovers
252 hp / 232 sp. def / 24 spe
Calm
-Energy Ball
-Focus Blast
-Subsitute
-Calm Mind

If Virizion gets the opportunity to set up while under a substitute this thing is bad news. Also it can be a semi-good special tank while being able to dish out damage as well. If you don't like this idea you could also go something like this.

Virizion @ChoiceScarf
252 atk / 252 spe / 4 sp. def
Hasty
-Leaf Blade
-Close Combat/Secret Sword
-Stone edge
-HP ice

Your team is in desperate need of a scarfer. Coming off of a base 108 speed stat Virizion can outspeed the entire unboosted metagame. 90 attack isn't "great" but with great STAB options and stone edge Virizion will be sure to catch the opponent off guard. HP ice is for gliscor since if your Azumarill or Swampert go down Gliscor can plow through the rest of your team. It can also hit Garchomp,Dragonite,Flygon, ect. hard but CC and stone edge can too.

On talonflame I would recommend running Life Orb over leftovers for a bit more power. You already have roost and since your Jolly instead of Adamant brave bird and flare blitz may do a bit under whelming damage. the backfire to this is talonflame will kill itself from recoil after knocking out at least two pokemon so be wary of that.
I shall do exactly this and report with info
EDIT: I lied

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)