NOC Medieval Mafia - Game Over: Majora's Maskians Win

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
All I'm going to say is I targeted a random player and did not receive anything. I'll reveal specific users if it becomes necessary or once I feel caught up itg from reading everything to feel safe. (Which should be soon my final performance is on wednesday then I'll have much more free time)

I'll be on the look out for the bell and other such items on people who should not have them. If anyone happens to have items they didn't start out with I'll be ready to call you out. Fair warning.

Layell can you please tell us all previous targets. I don't think there's any reason to hide them at all.

Walrein should be able to fill you in if he didn't tell you already. Chances are you're going to die soon anyway and the either the mafia or the wolf will safeguard their items anyway, leaving a very remote chance at stealing.

Not to mention the fact that we know the whereabouts of all items anyway. Or who they should've been on in the case of the missing ones.

Engi: Layell isn't the sun. SoulTorrent is. Layell is the thief.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Last game that I was a late-game village sub it did not end very well for me because I was too careless. I am not making that mistake again so please bear with me until I have a better idea of how everyone is playing in NOC.

You're already clearly a mafia target. There's a very good chance you'll be dead tonight, especially since there's no bg (there's a better chance the sun will die, but that just means you'll die too).

If you have some important information we need it now, I'm pretty sure everyone else here agrees. If you go back ~2 days everyone already spread out their information so there's no need for you not to.

then what was it zorbees?

EDIT: feel free to blame lightwolf for game design.

This could probably be interpreted as 'I want to talk to my mafia friends' but I'm pretty sure the village has a thief, so I'll be patient. ;p The longer you hold off though the longer we can't discuss it. So please be quick. Like... within the irl day not the mafia day >_> I can get the list of claims for you if you like to prove that everyone claimed.

I thought they killed Acklow for the wand so their actions would be unblockable ?_? though what's the point if we don't have a hooker...

Now the fun begins.

Most remaining users have fairly convincing arguments as to why they are clean, without too many holes remaining in them. This should be very interesting.

I feel compelled to reply to zorbees at this point, and I would've much easier but I was camping. Very difficult to reply without a computer. As one of two remaining vanillager claims (I think?), and the more suspicious of the two, I can see why I would fall under suspicion. Why you would blindly target me with nothing beyond 'there must be no vanillagers left' as the sole basis for your accusation is beyond me. Am I really that suspicious? Would you care to elaborate as to why?

In the meantime, that accusation has finally pushed me into suspecting you. Would you care to elaborate as to why you used your kill Night One against a target that wasn't incredibly suspicious? Wouldn't it be better to play a bit more conservatively? I would also like to hear your logic on this point.

As for the kill flavor argument against you, it could be dismissed as irrelevant until it appeared as if most wolf kill flavor is the same. However, I wish to clarify that I view this as poor grounds for a lynch as it is possible that the Mafia /did/ target the same user, and their kill had higher priority. This would explain the seeming lack of a scum kill.

Onto other events:

PR77 being pushed onto Jumpluff is amusing. I highly doubt that she's Maskian at this point, as the possibility of a Jumpluff lynch rises dramatically with two more votes on her, and a few users holding doubts. Layell's claim and the blocked Mafia kill are also interesting. I would like to say that I am not certain that the village needs to have a thief though. We'll just have to see how it works when a user holding an item is killed. If the items are put into some sort of a bank, or given to the original holder, the village wouldn't need a thief at all. However, it is still highly probabable, as most village roles are based around items.

The scum flip did surprisingly little, bar casting some more doubt upon zorbees.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, sorry I've been away for the past few days. They've been... interesting for me.

My target last night was Mithril, just making sure hes not wolf.

As for scum, I'd like to look first to the vanilla's. We have a ton of dead ones, and still more claims. Red in the post above me #1437 has made the point that he hasn't really done anything else scummy, and thats pretty much true. Dummy in #1409 has made the observation that Crux is a possible wolf. I'm pretty sure Jumpluff is clean after the revelation of the sun. Nothing really concrete in this paragraph, I'm just throwing thoughts and ideas around.

As for zorbees, I'm torn. As previously discussed, a lot about his story doesn't add up. However, with the paper scum flip, its obscenely obvious this village is underpowered. Not even a hooker. I am more inclined to believe we have a one time vig then no vig at all. But then I look at the odds of a kill block n1... Overall, I think where we are is a toss up: we don't have very many concrete suspects, but at least wolf is killing scum.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I feel compelled to reply to zorbees at this point, and I would've much easier but I was camping. Very difficult to reply without a computer. As one of two remaining vanillager claims (I think?), and the more suspicious of the two, I can see why I would fall under suspicion. Why you would blindly target me with nothing beyond 'there must be no vanillagers left' as the sole basis for your accusation is beyond me. Am I really that suspicious? Would you care to elaborate as to why?

I'm not blindly targeting you, I'm targeting you because most everyone else has a solid claim and yours isn't one of those. You haven't really helped discussion at all either, and I have virtually no reason to believe you are clean.

To elaborate further, I will list every user left and my opinion on them:

Layell: village thief seems very likely
billymills: I think its very possible he is wolf, but if he's not, he's almost certainly clean.
Ace Emerald: his and dummy's fate are tied together, but Ace Emerald can be clean if dummy is scum, whereas the reverse cannot happen. Both clean and both scum is very possible though.
Crux: I think the Queen is a solid claim as we have seen the deceased King and Princess, and pr777 seems clean as the Prince. Inspected by B_T, he's almost certainly clean imo.
Engineer Pikachu: I've stated recently that I believe he is clean, and while I still believe it, I am less certain about it. I do believe though, that we likely have 0 or 2 backup roles.
Pokemonrocks777: Mafia mayor makes no sense, he's gotta be clean.
Jumpluff: She's certainly contributed a lot, and while I think she's a possible wolf candidate, I feel like Walrein/Spiffy wouldn't have given Kaxtar the wolf role.
DetroitLolcat: Started with the Bell, and with Snike's info, he must be clean. However, the odd thing about this, is that would make whoever started with the black cloak also clean, yet the item remains unclaimed. I feel that something about this doesn't add up, meaning that I feel that one of DetroitLolcat and billymills (the only evidence the black cloak exists) is scum.
Mithril: The Sun is certainly wolf or clean. I'm leaning towards clean, especially as, if Ace Emerald is clean, Mithril is clean.
Rediamond: see above
Dummy007: mentioned a bit in the Ace_Emerald opinion. My gut says he is clean, but I can certainly see it being possible that he's mafia.
zorbees: I obviously know I am clean, but I can see the suspicions.

In the meantime, that accusation has finally pushed me into suspecting you. Would you care to elaborate as to why you used your kill Night One against a target that wasn't incredibly suspicious? Wouldn't it be better to play a bit more conservatively? I would also like to hear your logic on this point.

I've already stated this several times, but I can repeat it. I didn't realize that my power was one time only, and made a mistake. I fired at wickdaggler because he seemed incredibly unwilling to scumhunt, and I figured I might as well get rid of him and see what comes from his flip. I was going to shoot Brammi/AE n2 but couldn't since my ability was one time only.

As for the kill flavor argument against you, it could be dismissed as irrelevant until it appeared as if most wolf kill flavor is the same. However, I wish to clarify that I view this as poor grounds for a lynch as it is possible that the Mafia /did/ target the same user, and their kill had higher priority. This would explain the seeming lack of a scum kill.

The mafia seems to be able to change their kill flavor, so it seems irrelevant to me.

Onto other events:

PR77 being pushed onto Jumpluff is amusing. I highly doubt that she's Maskian at this point, as the possibility of a Jumpluff lynch rises dramatically with two more votes on her, and a few users holding doubts. Layell's claim and the blocked Mafia kill are also interesting. I would like to say that I am not certain that the village needs to have a thief though. We'll just have to see how it works when a user holding an item is killed. If the items are put into some sort of a bank, or given to the original holder, the village wouldn't need a thief at all. However, it is still highly probabable, as most village roles are based around items.

It seems to be assumed that the killer obtains the killed user's item(s).

The scum flip did surprisingly little, bar casting some more doubt upon zorbees.

Can you explain with your own words how the scumflip hurts me?
I think, if we don't lynch the wolf today, Ace_Emerald should martyr billymills at night.

I think we should analyze what changed that could have caused the appearance of a wolf; we can work backwards from there to determine who the wolf is. I will admit that I originally suspected billy of being wolf because he lost his Item List at around the same time that the wolf appeared; upon further inspection (pardon the pun), I realized that his List disappeared the same night the first wolf kill occurred, meaning that can't be the cause. Any other theories?

Hey guys, sorry I've been away for the past few days. They've been... interesting for me.

@@Vote Ace Emerald@@

I knew this would happen, I said this would happen. You could have faked someone better.

Edit: Ugh apparently zorbees just asked Ace Emerald to martyr me. I really should have read all the new posts before posting. I still think this is the best course of action because Ace is apparently an idiot, but if you would rather he martyr me that would be fine, even better actually.

@@unvote@@

Layell, in terms of previous night actions, were you ever distracted by Ace Emerald?

This doesn't mean he isn't the wolf. His role could be in some way linked to the Moon, which seems to me the most likely trigger for the kills starting. The item list doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it.

I had more stuff to post but my internet problems ate it, and I'm going to bed now. This includes my answer to zorbees's question about Rediamond -- I will address this tomorrow, hopefully in the light of any new posts. But:

Ace_Emerald said:
So what if he was wolf? You'd be dead and the only person who would know any better would be you v_v (All this depends on your claim even being true...)

imo it's about time that Layell gives us a list of targets....

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Here are my actions, I still don't have any items, if anyone would like to have someone checked let me know. I'm not sure yet but I also believe I might have some immunity to being stolen myself due to some flavour that describes my greedy hoarding nature, but I have yet to prove that.

N0: UncleSam/Cereza
N1: kingofkongs
N2: TL/Dummy007
N3: Paperblade (I am told that this failed)
N4: Idle
N5: Idle
N6 Pokemonrocks777

This doesn't mean he isn't the wolf. His role could be in some way linked to the Moon, which seems to me the most likely trigger for the kills starting. The item list doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it.
I know, just throwing out theories. The Moon seems like a likely cause, but none of our provided role names seem to be related to it besides the Sun. Also, I would like feedback on an alliance check for tonight.

Ace Emerald

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So what if he was wolf? You'd be dead and the only person who would know any better would be you v_v (All this depends on your claim even being true...)
If anyone would like to tell me how to use my ability I'm open to suggestions. What was I suppose to do? No seriously?
Edit: also thank you billymills for the name calling, I really appreciate it -.-

If anyone would like to tell me how to use my ability I'm open to suggestions. What was I suppose to do? No seriously?
Edit: also thank you billymills for the name calling, I really appreciate it -.-
You were supposed to state who you were targeting in advance, so that in the event that mithril was in fact wolf someone would know it, threatening to do such an action would make the mafia/wolf consider targeting you.

However, to claim that he is in fact not wolf after it is completely obvious helps no one.

I want you to target me (and I won't change my mind on this this time) because it forces the mafia and wolf to consider either killing you or killing me. You targeting me successfully and both of us surviving means (in the opinion of a lot of people) that I am clean, because I could not be wolf. This will make the wolf consider targeting you, if only to increase suspicion that I am wolf. In any case, everyone but you win, which is the point of a martyr is it not. Alternatively the mafia/wolf could act preemptively and kill me because I would be otherwise cleaned.

This next night will prove to be very interesting. Dummy gets an inspection, EP doesn't have a protection but will gain one soon after, Ace will target me and the sun is out there.

In other words there are 5 people who could reasonably be night killed tonight. Unfortunately my two suspects, Dummy and Ace are both of use for 1 more night, so I can't really lynch them. I may be up for a Rediamond lynch if someone came up with a really good argument, but I'm also up for a jumpluff lynch as well, even if the mafia are so keen on pushing it.

I will give a list of those I think are most to least village here:

billymills
layell
DLC
Mithril
Pokemonrocks777
zorbees
Crux
Engineer Pikachu
Jumpluff
Ace Emerald
Dummy007

though tbh after Mithril and before Ace could really be in any order.

With respect to items, we still don't know what the Wand, Mask, and Black Cloak do. I assume the Black Cloak started, and remains with the wolf. If the mafia managed to obtain it within the past two nights then it means they know who the wolf is. Most of the mafias items should still be with them, unless they used paperblade as a storage cow, which I think is reasonable.

You have Crux as less village than zorbees?........... (haha I realised that if you rearrange people slightly and reverse your list, you have mine...)

Also, we do know what the wand does lol, Acklow told us, and I've referenced what it does quite recently, PAY ATTENTION BILLY goodness. #1146

Ace Emerald

You were supposed to state who you were targeting in advance, so that in the event that mithril was in fact wolf someone would know it, threatening to do such an action would make the mafia/wolf consider targeting you.

However, to claim that he is in fact not wolf after it is completely obvious helps no one.
Ok, noted for future, though if it is was that important you could have mentioned it yesterday...

Oh. That's almost exactly the same as fresh milk. (Milk causes non-kill actions to be the highest prio, meaning they can't be stopped blocked etc.)

What is your list?

I mentioned it and made sure of your action THE PREVIOUS DAY, I didn't expect you to fall back into futility so fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)