XY OU Non-Legendary Bulky Manuevers

I'm new to typing in teams here, so I don't know how to do all those fancy sprites, threat list things, and all that, so if someone could teach me how that'd be great. Also, because of school I don't play all that much, but I'm still very familiar with most things associated with Pokemon and can play pretty well in my opinion.

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock

Credit to Rafael J. Feliciano for this set.
After seeing this set, I was instantly awed to the ingenuity of this set. I don't spend too much time examining each and every move that a pokemon can learn, so once I remembered (I know it had it from experience, but it's just been so long...) that it could learn it, the combination of Focus Sash + Endeavor + Ice Shard was too good to pass on. The only issue I find with this set is that if they opposing team gets rid of my Mamoswine and has a defogger or a spinner, then I can't abuse hazards.

Scolipede @ Mental Herb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Iron Defense
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Credit to WebBowser for this set.
I was a bit skeptic at first, but after seeing some of the damage calculations shown, such as
252+ Atk Garchomp Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Scolipede: 186-220 (57.5 - 68.1%) --guaranteed 2HKO
I just had to use this set. Although it may have some hard times switching in, due to stealth rocks and other threats being around, once it sets up it's hard to stop this thing. Scolipede isn't necessarily a win condition, but it sure helps once it gets off that baton pass to something.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 160 Atk / 32 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Fire Fang

Typically I hate Gliscors. Not only are they annoying, but I find almost every single set unoriginal and the same. Plus, it's too stally for my likes and I disliked the Earthquake + Toxic combo, since Mega Scizor can just set up on Gliscor or opposing Skarmorys can set up their own hazards. That's the main reason for opting for Fire Fang- to handle the common steel-type pesks that like to set up on your switch, thinking that you can't hit them. Knock-off is there to hit any switch-ins to Gliscor, and having your opponent with an itemless pokemon is always great.
EDIT- Forgot to mention. The purpose of the 20 speed EV's was to outspeed other defensive gliscors and get rid of their recovery if possible with a knock-off. 72 Atk EV's just so that my gliscor isn't completely useless physically, while still being able to tank. Earthquake is seen in the match below, but was changed to Fire Fang afterwards for the above reasoning. Original set included Toxic and protect instead of Taunt and Roost.

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave

Slowbro was put on this team mainly to counteract the 4x Ice weakness in Gliscor and resist the psychic weakness of Scolipede, as well as to tank rock type attacks for Charizard, Mamoswine, and Scolipede. Regenerator is such a great ability, being able to switch in and out of things like it's nothing, assuming your opponent doesn't predict you and try to counter the switches.
EDIT- Changed eviolite (lol I'm a dunce) to Rocky Helmet as suggested, changed the EV spread, and calm mind to T. Wave.

Slyveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def/ 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Suggested by Rafael J. Feliciano. Standard support Slyveon as far as I can tell, with defensive investment so that it can survive physical attacker that come in to try to take advantage of the typically full-on special wall.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 224 HP / 100 Atk / 160 Def / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Definitely the MVP of this team. Because of Tough Claws, it doesn't matter all that much that only 28 Atk EV's were invested. Plus, it doesn't matter all that much since it's a bulky set, and especially so once Scolipede baton passes some speed boosts and maybe a substitute and an iron defense or two if possible. This thing just becomes so tanky it's ridiculous. I don't worry so much on the special side since with speed boosts it can outspeed and take them out since typically most special sweepers are frail on the physical side.
EDIT- Changed the EV spread a little to give Charizard some more offensive presence.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-171437916
Literally this team was made just today, so I only have one battle in. But the sweep is just so awesome, and further proves the point of Charizard X's value.

The main issue I have with this team (lol, only one battle and already being concerned :P) is that there is no defogger or spinner as far as I can tell that fits well with this team. I'm not opposed to using legendaries (so suggest them if you want), but with this team I wanted to try to not use legendaries to battle my friend who also doesn't want to use legendaries. If you are going to suggest anything, please include movesets and reasons. Also, if you think it's appropriate, suggest the removal of members and their replacements, as well as moveset and EV changes on any pokemon.

PREVIOUS TEAM MEMBERS-
Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 88 HP / 216 Atk / 204 SpD
Careful Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Last edited:
Slowbro @ Eviolite
EVs: 176 HP / 200 Def / 44 SpA / 88 SpD
Modest Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
Lol, slowbro has no evolution, slowpoke has a split-evolution to slowbro or slowking :D So no to eviolite, otherwise I like the team, although I'm not really qualified to rate your team because I am a beginner :)

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock
Credit to Rafael J. Feliciano for this set.
After seeing this set, I was instantly awed to the ingenuity of this set. I don't spend too much time examining each and every move that a pokemon can learn, so once I remembered (I know it had it from experience, but it's just been so long...) that it could learn it, the combination of Focus Sash + Endeavor + Ice Shard was too good to pass on. The only issue I find with this set is that if they opposing team gets rid of my Mamoswine and has a defogger or a spinner, then I can't abuse hazards.
Though I would LOVE to take credit for this, Endeavor Swine has been around for a while now... but thanks for the shout out fren ^_^

Lol, slowbro has no evolution, slowpoke has a split-evolution to slowbro or slowking :D So no to eviolite, otherwise I like the team, although I'm not really qualified to rate your team because I am a beginner :)
Yea... switch Eviolite < Leftovers and also, CM Slowbro isn't really that optimal as Slowbro should really be more of a switch in countermeasure than a Special Attack Tank. Therefore, swithc Calm Mind < Thunder Wave. T-Wave acts as an alternate route to assisting with crippling faster foes so that guys like Conk and CharX can put in that work. If you want to be really cute, you can go with Rocky Helmet and maximize Slowbro's HP and Def for Max Physical bulk while make Contact moves hurt.

Conkeldurr seems out of place as any player worth his/her salt is NOT launching a WoW without assuring themselves that they can immediately remove Conk afterwards. I would suggest a more dedicated Special Wall that also provides some benefits:

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EV: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

EV Spread lets you tank hits from Non-LO Garchomp and, most importantly, Latios' Psyshock much more easily. 36 SpD EVs allow you to avoid a 2HKO from Landorus-I Earth Power. The rest of the set is dedicated to supporting teammates through and through.

Finally, Gliscor could probably benefit from the following set:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EV: 244 HP / 160 Atk / 32 Def / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Fire Fang
- Knock Off
- Roost

Super Utlility in Taunt to stop opposing Hazard setters like Ferrothorn and Mew with 16 Speed EVs for Bisharp from setting up or launching a Taunt of their own. Roost provides survivability alongside Poison Heal; while Fire Fang provides the Utility Offense you seek alongside Knock Off to essentially be a giant pain is the a$$.

Otherwise, nice team you have here. Let me know what you think of the suggestions. ^_^

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Slowbro @ Eviolite
EVs: 176 HP / 200 Def / 44 SpA / 88 SpD
Modest Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Replace this set with a more standard set.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind/Thunder wave

Though I would LOVE to take credit for this, Endeavor Swine has been around for a while now... but thanks for the shout out fren ^_^

Yea... switch Eviolite < Leftovers and also, CM Slowbro isn't really that optimal as Slowbro should really be more of a switch in countermeasure than a Special Attack Tank. Therefore, swithc Calm Mind < Thunder Wave. T-Wave acts as an alternate route to assisting with crippling faster foes so that guys like Conk and CharX can put in that work. If you want to be really cute, you can go with Rocky Helmet and maximize Slowbro's HP and Def for Max Physical bulk while make Contact moves hurt.

Conkeldurr seems out of place as any player worth his/her salt is NOT launching a WoW without assuring themselves that they can immediately remove Conk afterwards. I would suggest a more dedicated Special Wall that also provides some benefits:

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EV: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

EV Spread lets you tank hits from Non-LO Garchomp and, most importantly, Latios' Psyshock much more easily. 36 SpD EVs allow you to avoid a 2HKO from Landorus-I Earth Power. The rest of the set is dedicated to supporting teammates through and through.

Finally, Gliscor could probably benefit from the following set:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EV: 244 HP / 160 Atk / 32 Def / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Fire Fang
- Knock Off
- Roost

Super Utlility in Taunt to stop opposing Hazard setters like Ferrothorn and Mew with 16 Speed EVs for Bisharp from setting up or launching a Taunt of their own. Roost provides survivability alongside Poison Heal; while Fire Fang provides the Utility Offense you seek alongside Knock Off to essentially be a giant pain is the a$$.

Otherwise, nice team you have here. Let me know what you think of the suggestions. ^_^
Thanks for the advice! The new Gliscor set seems promising, and the Slowbro ideas help.

LOL. Yeah... now I really know that I haven't thoroughly studied pokemon in a long time. A long, long time ago when I still read through the pokedex for fun I knew this simple fact XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)