np: OU Suspect Testing Round 5 - Sandstorm (Excadrill/Thundurus Banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
The smogon server also doesn't allow you to use analytic starmie on the wifi ladder. Analytic starmie is released, however.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Ah well, there goes the perfect Timid Raikou I've been using, unless I settle for Weather Ball (any nature, right??) or Shadow Ball ;[ (either way cock-blocked by Ferrothorn and Ttar). There also goes my future plans of using Eruption Heatran in the sun :Z
Weather Ball Raikou is always Rash (along with ExtremeSpeed, Zap Cannon, and the aforementioned Aura Sphere).

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Did you guys thing GF would ever do anything that would make us happy, of course they were going to troll Raikou/ Heatran.

EDIT: I thought they would troll NP Celebi as well

Not sure about Heatran, but they were actually being relatively smart with the beasts. Given that they all got Extremespeed, it wouldn't have been too great to give them a -Atk nature.

Thankfully, NP Celebi wasn't shiny.

Mamo?
ScarfTar?
SR?
Anything that can take a hit and dish out two SE ones in return?
Just thinking quick here but this should suffice for now.

Lowgock

Doyen & Éminence Grise of the German Pokémon Community
is the 3rd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
But mixnite can work as Lure, because Nobody expect its. You can destroy Skarm, Tangrowth and Co with. it, and then sweep with Another physicalnattacker.

With lack of BoltBeam, Salamence doesn't outclass Dragonite entirely.
And since we are speaking of outclassing, wouldn't Dragonite be outclassed in everything else as well by Salamence (Except for perhaps Bulky DDnite) if it wasn't for Multiscale?

With lack of BoltBeam, Salamence doesn't outclass Dragonite entirely.
And since we are speaking of outclassing, wouldn't Dragonite be outclassed in everything else as well by Salamence (Except for perhaps Bulky DDnite) if it wasn't for Multiscale?
Basically, yes. Multiscale is what allowed Dragonite to surpass Salamence in 5th gen. He also has moves like Aqua Tail, Fire Punch, and Extremespeed to help him kill things like Gliscor that Mence cannot without going mixed.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Basically, yes. Multiscale is what allowed Dragonite to surpass Salamence in 5th gen. He also has moves like Aqua Tail, Fire Punch, and Extremespeed to help him kill things like Gliscor that Mence cannot without going mixed.
Those options also allow Dragonite not to compromise any of its defenses, which in turn buys it more switch-ins to special attackers. Mence absolutely cannot switch in on special attackers, especially not with Stealth Rock up.

And we wouldn't want to do that right? MixMence still 2HKOes the whole tier (it actually OHKOes a lot of it).

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone use LO 4 attack Landorus? I don't see it around, and I typically find it better than the Swords Dance set.
Ground, Rock, Ice is all the coverage Landorus needs imo (especially in sand). You don't even need HP ice if your team has Gliscor covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)