Rotom @ Electrium Z / Ghostium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Thunder / Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch

Alongside decent offensive stats, a powerful Z-Move, and useful utility options, Rotom is able to efficiently lure checks and create helpful opportunities for its teammates. Rotom's ability to lure a check such as Incineroar or Seismitoad and take it out with Gigavolt Havoc or Never-Ending Nightmare, respectively, is helpful, as Rotom's teammates that may be threatened by these Pokemon are granted more safety when setting up, for example. Alternatively, Rotom can also use Gigavolt Havoc to take out unsuspecting bulky Water-types, which paves the way for other teammates. Rotom generates momentum superbly, as its ability, Levitate, allows it to switch into Ground-type moves from opponents such as Steelix to force them out, giving Rotom a free turn to use Defog or bring in a teammate with Volt Switch. Thanks to its typing, Rotom can help its team by spinblocking and checking Xatu as well. Potential teammates include Pangoro and Slowking, which benefit from Rotom luring in its own checks.

Last edited:

Conni

katharsis
Sorry for taking so long, I've been sick recently so I couldn't find time to complete this efficiently.
I'll tag you when I have it done within the next 48 hours if that's ok.

edit: this is ready for checks

Last edited:

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
Rotom @ Electrium Z slash Ghostium Z here
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Thunder slash Thunderbolt here
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch

Alongside great offensive stats, a powerful Electrium Z move, and a supportive utility moveset, Rotom is able to efficiently check bulky Water-types and aid its teammates in setting up. aid its teammates in setting up? how does this set do that? I mean I sort of get what you mean I think, but this reads really meh rn Rotom's ability to OHKO bulky Water-type Pokemon with Gigavolt Havoc is very helpful as it creates safety for teammates such as Incineroar and Rhydon who can proceed to set up stat boosts or entry hazards, respectively. I mean, the main point of Z-Move Rotom is to lure checks like Incineroar (Electrium Z), Steelix (Ghostium Z), Rhydon (Ghostium Z). sure, you can bop bulky Water-types just fine too, but the emphasis should be on the luring capabilities of the set Rotom can also assist its team by using its Ghost typing to switch into a predicted Rapid Spin to spinblock. I mean sure I guess, although this would be better put at the end when you talk about potential teammates Rotom can also generate momentum superbly as it can utilize Levitate and a good Special Defense to switch into Ground-type moves or special attacks it resists. yeah Rotom doesn't have good special bulk especially when uninvested in. the stuff about Levitate is fine but I'd probably consider talking about specific Pokemon (Heliolisk is a sorta bad mention here because Tbolt does over half lol) This then could force its opponent out, giving Rotom a free turn to use Volt Switch, Defog, or bring in a teammate to counter predict the opponent or set up. you already sort of mention this stuff in the previous point; try to merge the content here with that sentence's Lastly, Rotom's ability to deal with Xatu makes it such a great Pokemon to pair with entry hazard setters as it can remove most of their checks and create clear opportunities to set up. I wouldn't say a Defogger pairs particularly well with entry hazard setters.. the spinblocking stuff is useful to talk about with regards to that though. you should make mention of Pokemon that appreciate Rotom luring in shit like Incineroar and Steelix and dropping them
tell me when you do this

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Thunder / Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch

Alongside great offensive stats wouldn't exactly call its offensive stats "great"; it has like base 95 Special Attack, a powerful Z move, and a utility moveset eh I'd just say useful utility options, Rotom is able to efficiently lure checks and create helpful opportunities for its teammates. Rotom's ability to lure checks such as Incineroar and Rhydon go Seismitoad > Rhydon here; Rhydon doesn't like being burned by other Rotom variants and take them out with Gigavolt Havoc and Never-Ending Nightmare respectively, is helpful as Rotom's teammates, who may be threatened by these Pokemon, are granted more safety when setting up for example. Alternatively, Rotom can also use Gigavolt Havoc to take out unsuspecting bulky Water-types as well which paves the way for other teammates. Rotom can generate momentum superbly as it can utilize Levitate to switch into Ground-type moves from the likes of Steelix, this could force its opponent out, giving Rotom a free turn to use Defog or bring in a teammate with Volt Switch to set up or to counter predict the opponent's switch. please reword this. Thanks to its typing, Rotom can help its team by spinblocking and checking Xatu, this combined with its luring capabilities make teammates such as Hariyama and Vaporeon great partners. put greater emphasis on the Pokemon that appreciate Rotom luring shit; that's the point of the set, after all. also, please put better examples lol...
i think qc 1/1

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
add remove (comments)
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Thunder / Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch

Alongside decent offensive stats, a powerful Z-Move move, and useful utility options, Rotom is able to efficiently lure checks and create helpful opportunities for its teammates. Rotom's ability to lure a checks such as Incineroar and or Seismitoad and take them it out with Gigavolt Havoc and or Never-Ending Nightmare, (AC) respectively, (original wording made it seem like rotom has access to both z-moves at the same time) is helpful, (AC) as Rotom's teammates, who that may be threatened by these Pokemon, (RC) are granted more safety when setting up, (AC) for example. Alternatively, Rotom can also use Gigavolt Havoc to take out unsuspecting bulky Water-types, (AC) as well which paves the way for other teammates. Rotom generates momentum superbly, (AC) as it can use its ability, (AC) Levitate, (AC) allows it to switch into Ground-type moves from opponents such as Steelix which could to force its opponent them out, giving Rotom a free turn to use Defog or bring in a teammate with Volt Switch. Thanks to its typing, Rotom can help its team by spinblocking and checking Xatu as well. Potential teammates include Pangoro and Slowking, who which benefits from Rotom luring in its own checks.
1/1 :blobthumbsup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)