Offencive Strike

This is a team ive been using for a few days now does well in most battles but i think it could do better. now for the team:

Overview

In-Depth

Gengar @ Focus Sash

Nature: Timid

Evs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 SpE
Moves:
. Icy Wind
. Shadow ball
. Taunt
. Counter

Icy wind lead gengar :P one of the best leads ive used imo. Icy wind works well against faster and sashed pokemon such as Azelf, Shadow ball is self explanitory, Taunt is unusual but effective allowing it to take out the rare but annoying Skarmory and foretress. as for counter its mainly for the likes of Metagross and Machamp and can also ohko the likes of snorlax midgame.

Gengar vs most common leads:
Azelf: Icy wind then Shadow Ball
Aerodactyl: Icy wind then shadow ball
Machamp: Take Payback and kill with counter
Skarmory: Taunt and see what happens
Foretress: Taunt and Switch to heatran
Dragonite: Ice Wind then Shadow ball
Metagross: Take bullet punch / Meteor mash then counter.

Heatran @ Passho Berry

Nature: Mild (+SpA, -Def)

EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
. Explosion
. Fire Blast
. Earth Power
. Stealth Rock

Torment Tran plays a big role in this team with its key move Torment. Basicly his job is to come in and outstall the walls witch the others cant handle. torment is self explanitory Substitute provides heatran with protection from Status moves , Protect is for scouting can be replaced by an attack , Lava plume is the key to the stall with its 30% burn chance it can outstall non sleep talk suicunes, Regi trio ect.

Gyarados @ Leftovers

Nature: Adamant

Evs: 88 Hp / 252 Atk / 168 SpE
Moves:
. Waterfall
. Dragon Dance
. Earthquake
. Ice Fang / Bounce

Gyarados plays the role of the setup sweeper. comes in on a weak opponent and sets up to wreak havoc upon enemy team. 104 Hp is for better bulk. Waterfall is the key STAB in this followed by Earthquake For decent coverage.
Ice Fang and bounce is decided on by what you want to hit better, Dragons or Bulky Grass.

Shaymin @ Life Orb

Nature: Timid

Evs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 SpE
Moves:
. Seed Flare
. Earth Power
. Hidden Power Fire
. Psychic

Here shaymin plays the mid game sweeper also takes the grass / electric moves for me. Seed Flare is self explanitory. Earth power hits Heatran and other pokemon as hidden power fire hits Scizor and foretress. Psychic is an add on to hit fighting types and poisons Rarely used but can have use.

Lucario @ Choice Scarf ( Lux Version :P )

Nature: Adamant

Evs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 SpE
Moves:
. Close Combat
. Crunch
. Earthquake
. thunder Punch / Ice Punch

Lucario <3 plays the revenge sweeper here, unlike the smogon set i use Adamant as without it he cant hit hard enough :( . Close combat as stab . Crunch for ghosts, Earthquake is for scarftran and mixape who can be a pain D:, and last spot is Thunderpunch ( gyarados ) or Ice punch ( Dragonite ). Some people might think Lucario is too slow Adamant but actualy its not. outspeeds Scarftran mixape and +1 Gyarados :D

Zapdos @ Leftovers

Nature: Bold

Evs: 248 Hp / 32 SpA / 228 SpD
Moves:
. Thunder Bolt
. Heat Wave
. Roost
. hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass

Last spot goes to bulky offence Zapdos. Usefull for taking out opponents that need a few hits to finish off. Thunder Bolt and Heat wave give decent Coverage while Hidden power is an option depending on what you want to hit. Roost is an option to restore lost health while forcing a switch or think you will recover more than you take ( risky vs slow ground opponents )

Last Look

Have Fun Rating !

Updates will be in Red

Hey Lux got the message, really cool team using some of my favourite sets (Torment Tran, Icy Wind Gengar). The main weaknesses I see are to the standard things that beat up fwg cores- LO Starmie, LO Jolteon, most Shaymin, etc. Lucario can handle most of these, if he can switch in, which may or may not be tricky to accomplish. However these can be pretty easily alleviated with some relatively minour changes, so this will be a pretty short rate.

First, Zapdos. I think a Special Defensive set would do better in that place, to give you a real solid Shaymin check, as well as tank emergency Ice beams better if you get in a pickle. Really you don't even have to change the set, just the EVs. Minour change!

Secondly, Shaymin could be used better, in my opinion, as a bulky check to Specs Jolteon or Starmie. Here's the set I have in mind:

252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef
Timid
-Seed Flare
-Hidden Power Fire
-Leech Seed
-Protect

This set is really cool and the bulk is MUCH APPRECIATED, trust me. Greater longevity from Leech Seed assists in checking a lot of bulky threats, and tons of things can be leech seed + protect stalled to death. Even if this suggestion doesn't tickle your fancy, I don't think Psychic on LO Shaymin is a good idea, try Rest.

I think Gyarados could use a slight modification. Jolteon is still a nasty problem for the team, and I think luring and killing the cracka could help you immensely. So I'll suggest a different EV spread to help you with that!

88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe / Jolly

With this spread, you outspeed Jolteon after a DD and kill it promptly with Earthquake or Waterfall or whatever floats your boat. Max attack and the rest dumped into HP.

Lastly I'll adress some slashes you have. TormentTran should have Protect for sure, it's the best way to abuse Torment. Bounce is superior to the highly situational Ice Fang for Breloom/Celebi/Shaymin etc. Ice Punc > Thudner Punch on Lucario, Gyarados is well covered and this provides an excellent check to DDragonite.

That's all the advice I have, rad team. Hope this all helps.

Thanks alot for the rate i agree with shaymin i used to run bulky so ill go back to it :D

As for gyarados i agree with Evs but i still prefare Ice fang For reasons such as Dragonite

Although TormentTran can be devastating with the proper support, I'm going to actually recommend switching to a different set in this case. Since Icy Wind Gengar is an anti-lead, it doesn't have access to Stealth Rock. Therefore, you'll need to have a member of your team to set it up, as Stealth Rock is absolutely essential for all teams to wear down their opponents over the course of the match. TormentTran is far less useful with Toxic Spikes support, so I'd like to recommend changing it to a more support-minded set with Stealth Rock. Smith has also pointed out that FWG breakers such as LO Starmie can be dangerous for this team to face, so I think that a Passho Heatran may be worth trying out:

Heatran @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Mild (+SpA, -Def)
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
- Explosion
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

This set fits in much better with the offensive pace of your team. The moves are fairly standard, with Fire Blast for a strong STAB attack and Earth Power to take down other Heatran on the switch if you predict correctly. Explosion will give you a way to defeat special walls such as Blissey, potentially opening up opportunities for a Shaymin sweep later in the game. It also works very well with Passho Berry, as it allows you to survive Water-type attacks as strong as a Hydro Pump from a LO Starmie, and KO back, taking out one of the biggest offensive threats you may face. A Mild nature and max SpA EVs ensure that your attacks hit as hard as possible, and doesn't subtract from Explosion's power. More speed EVs can be used if you find it useful, but I personally feel that the current spread has the best balance between speed and power.

Good luck with your team!

Ah yes, when rating I always skip the most simple things, like SR. Yes, I definitely agree with Faladran here, run PasshoTran

First I'd like to say:

OMFG YOU'RE USING MY GENGAR. YOU ARE AWESOME.

Haha, thanks for using it. Glad to see you like it. However, you should use Hasty nature and a 0 Def IV so BP and other physical attacks do more, giving Counter a lot of potential.

Anyways on to the team. Its a solid team so not much changes.

I think Shaymin doesn't need Psychic because it already has good coverage without it and it doesn't really help in most cases. The last slot could be Rest or Leech Seed so you recover health back, and it'll be more helpful than Psychic ;)

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)