Official NBA '17-18 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late to the posting party but lol at picking against LeBron until the rest of the East actually proves they can beat him when it matters.
Conveniently late to the posting party but LOL at rubbing it in about picks after the series is two games in. :^)

Embiid can't guard Horford on the perimeter, and Stevens is just plain taking advantage of almost every match-up on the floor. Boston is just quicker, more athletic at almost any position in any line-up by at least one player thus far. Brett did a good job getting Redick off Tatum and on Smart, and fighting against those switches a bit more.

But Horford at center screening for Rozier is a problem. Too much quickness.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Bro I posted that after the first game but I've been saying it even while the Cavs were at their lowest point in the regular season, not that I regularly post here because I don't particularly care about the modern NBA so y'alls in particular wouldn't know that. It wasn't meant to be directed at anybody here per se, but suffice to say if any of you actually believed LeBron was going to lose at any point before an opposing team puts a 4 in their L column for the series... :bloblul:

also lolsimmons

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I love how Rondo and Green are trying to keep this game tonight interesting by fabricating this "we gonna throw down" storyline...I appreciate the showmanship guys, just play nice.

Looks like a quick series? Are we talking about the same game? Every Warrior except Klay played excellent, Dray had the best game of the whole damn season, Steph got the home crowd going absolutely bananas, and they still only won by 5. I fully expect NO to come out and win game 3 handily, and we'll see what happens in game 4.
Ayyyyyyyyyy

Playoff Rondo is here for your SOUL

Also shoutout to Solomon Hill for drilling 3 big threes in the 1st then scoring 0 the rest of the way

Idc that we lost this game. Rondo has been one of my favorities. Been a joy watching him this playoffs and him dominating. We're coming for them next game >:)

Okay D'Antoni. You've learned something at least. Will see if i can breakdown any adjustments later.

Annnnnnd there wasn't anything major other than less trap switching defense, bench Anderson, and hugging Gobert. Offensively, I'm shocked they went the route of taking MORE mid range but it worked in their favor because the Jazz left the area open willingly.

Also more minutes of Paul/Harden/Gordon which is small and strange for most teams but somehow works in tgis game.

Last edited:
LeBron is the best player off all time, he is a Toronto Killer, but let's give a shout out to Kevin Love...
1525610769639.png

double-double 21 pts 16 reb, a block and a steal, plus/minus +20, bullying in the paint. He isn't the Wolves All Star anymore, but we must acknowledge him. He isn't an All Star for nothing.

Raptors' drop down defense just doesn't phase Lebron

Honestly if i just assumed Casey would never adapted to switching defense i would have been like Cavs in 5

Last edited:
Raptors are absolutely garbage, they gave out loyalty deals to Lowry, DeRozan, and Casey, now they're getting bit in the ass for those deals. If only those deals were easier to move...

Anyone else catch this play? Absolutely filthy play by Harden
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/8hjk1w
Okay, I know a lot of people thinks that all those fouls that Harden digs are a pain in the ass, but pay attention closely in Exum's movement. It's the same kind of foul that everyone commits against The Beard: Reach In Foul. When you guard a player with the ball you have to contest his movements, not disrupt or put the hand in the middle of the move. Exum already gave an example of how to guard Harden in Game 1, same series:

No reach in, no disruption, no hands on body, no hands on his arms, only contesting Harden's moves. This is how you guard The Beard.
PS.: Obviously is a tough task, Harden is probably the next MVP, but this is the NBA, if you can't take the heat, stay out of kitchen.

Raptors are garbage. There are no more jokes for this team anymore. I don't want to hear any "Raptors aren't getting respect from the league" or "Raptors should be on (US) national TV more" bull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)