Official NBA 2012-13 Season Thread

Only shitty homers talk and talk and talk and talk and talk about their teams. The natural thing to do is to talk about exciting stories and relevantly competitive teams. The Lakers have not been involved in either of those things since the end of their "coach hunt".

I can't stand regular season basketball. I wish they had tournaments throughout the season or something lol.

Considering someone tried to mention an article from Simmons on why the Lakers would be crazy to trade Gasol... Yes, it wouldnt surprise me if you took that stat off of ESPN
Funny you say that... it was the actual Gabe who brought up any expert as a single source.

darkie Barea was only GOOD in one game against the Lakers, look it up you are romanticizing his play. The clothesline made for great silly fun, but it was just one game, I think whatever notions you have of what he did are quite romanticized and unfactual. 3/6 4/9 1/5 the rest of the games is mediocre, and he never topped 5 assists in the playoffs period besides that one game 4 laugher.

Your opinion of Terry in the finals is also fairly inaccurate. He played very well for the final two games, but look at his shooting in the first 4 games & the Mavericks also just lit the Heat up in general the last two games. It worked out pretty nicely for the Mavericks to shoot like that in the final games, because in the early portion of the series, Shawn Marion had been the best Maverick on offense 3/4 games, and that is not exactly an incisively winning formula...although then gutted out two wins in this games lol. I mean I suppose Terry for that series technically averaged a .500 shooting %, but just keep in mind that his makes for the last two games equaled his makes for the first four games. The contribution was incredibly important, but I just do not call it an all star performance when a player whose job is offense is failing at offense as much as he succeeds.

I think in previous rounds we could have won every series even with a lot more going wrong, Dirk was just that good. It would have worn the team out and given the Heat an edge, so it was good things broke down the way they did. Both teams finished the non-finals portion of the playoff in the same amount of games, in fact, to the extent both had the same record in the finals I think game 1 3 and 5. So everybody's contributions definitely count, in that it got us there fast enough to be just as fresh as Miami by game 5, even if game 2 almost broke the Mavericks completely.
Yeah, actually looking at the stats, you're right about Barea. I just remember him tearing up the Lakers after having one of the worst performances ever against Portland. Terry was very important in those 2 games, though vs Miami, especially the last game.

also I just can't get over how incredibly "Jason Terry" this shot was, but it still went in

Kobe pushed him first =/. Westbrook is probably a really nice guy off the court lol.
well, he tries to finish his studies, so he must be better than what we think of him.

Okc again showed its ugly face in the endgame; my hope of getting rondo for westbrook ended; no, my view on lakers won't change.... gg btw lost

Inb4Lakersfans

Remember, it took Durant and Westbrook playing terribly for you guys to squeak out a win at the end. STILL GOING NOWHERE

/confidence

Inb4Lakersfans

Remember, it took Durant and Westbrook playing terribly for you guys to squeak out a win at the end. STILL GOING NOWHERE

/confidence
That holds about as much water as saying the Lakers barely made half their free throws and turned the ball over more as an excuse.

Either way, this was a good thing.

Kobe pushed him first =/. Westbrook is probably a really nice guy off the court lol.
He grabbed Kobe's leg first. Doesn't matter anyway since they're friends

Sad about Rondo, I really like his game. I wonder if Ainge will regret not trading for Gasol now.

P.S. So psyched. Of course this doesn't change their record, but it finally looks like the team is getting it together. Team has improved so much defensively. Make all the excuses you want, but I think we played solid defense on Westbrook & Durant. Team has a pulse. Hate on haters

The irony of this statement. Celtics beat the Heat in double OT gg indeed
lol so? The Celtics always give LeBron's team a great game regardless of the circumstances. The Celtics lost the #1 reason they were still even slightly relevant, their season is over.

In other news, Kobe is playing some of the best basketball of his career. Took him until age 34 to learn how to actually be a team player.

Rondo being done for the season makes me really sad, always been a big fan of his game.

Glad we beat OKC, still a very close game towards the end though.

Gabe. You must be seeing something no one else is. Very optimistic
I didn't say they were making finals or being crowned NBA Champs. I said they look like they're finally getting it together, which they do. Kobe/Nash/Pau sharing facilitating duties, Kobe just finally understanding he's best as an all-around player instead of a pure scorer, bench showing some spark, Dwight being a defensive anchor, Nash being more aggressive, ect. This is how I wanted to see them play all year & yeah it feels good to finally see it coming to fruition. Even when the Lakers had that five game win streak earlier they didn't look this good.

They are in a hole, yes. They're three or four games behind 8th seed IIRC, but I don't trust Houston. Even if they don't make playoffs I just like that they're watchable right now. Next games are on the road but the only one I would understand them losing is against the Heat. I'm not the only one who feels this way. Maybe in this thread.

But anyway dude like I said it just feels good to watch your team play well instead of a disjointed All star team.

Anyone else think its weird the Wizards have a winning record against Miami?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)