Offline BT monster details

On 2007-06-03 13:38, Mewn wrote (on PSO-World):
http://mewn.psupedia.info/Pokemon/BTMovesets.htm

Translated from a Japanese gamerip, all the data for the Single Battle AI Battle Tower. Useful if you want to see what you're up against, or even if you want some moveset ideas, though for the latter you should bear in mind that:

* The AI either cheats or is extremely lucky with moves such as Sheer Cold, Dragon Rush, Hypnosis, and Hydro Pump. They're not generally so good on your own movesets.
* Most movesets below Tier 3 are poor. Some in Tier 3 are poor too (why would you give Weavile Shadow Claw when it gets more mileage out of Night Slash and they cover virtually the same types?).

Hmm, look at what they did to poor Breloom.. this moveset is awesome! I'm gonna abuse it in the battle tower myself.

Breloom w/ Toxic Orb
Calm Nature (-Atk, +Sp. Def)
Protect
Spore
Leech Seed
Double Team

Some of those sets look pretty cool to me.. Entei looks okay at least.. and..

Owned:

831 Scizor Jolly Salac Berry Endure Reversal X-Scissor Iron Head Atk/Speed
Heracross Jolly Salac Berry Endure Reversal Megahorn Earthquake Atk/Speed

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Nice. The information at the top seems a bit off though.

Pokemon 895(Articuno) should be tier 4 not tier 3. Tier 4 starts at battle 49. Tier 3 starts at battle 21.

Each trainer uses specific Pokemon. The Pokemon they use is listed here, but the trainer names aren't translated yet:
http://pokemon-ds.happy.nu/pre/bt.html

Also I strongly disagree with the comment that the Battle Tower cheats and rigs their attacks to be more accurate.

When someone sweeps 4 trainers in a row, he isn't going to remember the battles because they are so mundane. People generally remember that most upsetting or improbable battles and these form their recollection of Battle Tower. It's easy to think that the battles there are fixed or haxed when you only remember the Walrein that has Sheer Cold and Fissure that managed to pull off 3 OHKOs which has a .8% chance of happening. Also part of the reason why people think the battles are fixed is that they don't expect the AI trainers to be so adept. Here they have to keep in mind that the BT pokemon are designed so that they can effectively use their respective movesets, OHKOers/DTers, just like how we design our pokemon to be sweepers/sponges/phazers.

When someone sweeps 4 trainers in a row, he isn't going to remember the battles because they are so mundane. People generally remember that most upsetting or improbable battles and these form their recollection of Battle Tower. It's easy to think that the battles there are fixed or haxed when you only remember the Walrein that has Sheer Cold and Fissure that managed to pull off 3 OHKOs which has a .8% chance of happening. Also part of the reason why people think the battles are fixed is that they don't expect the AI trainers to be so adept. Here they have to keep in mind that the BT pokemon are designed so that they can effectively use their respective movesets, OHKOers/DTers, just like how we design our pokemon to be sweepers/sponges/phazers.
no, the computer definately cheats. i had to fight the ground elite four guy like four times because his whiscash kept killing my torterra with fissure

Damn, stupid Tycoon's Milotic, all and I really mean ALL of its Hydro Pumps/Hypnosis landed on my Porygon2, thanks to God I woke up in a good moment to T.Wave and recover Recover on its face...

So I killed the Milotic, then I killed Rhyperior, so he sent out Dragonite, it used Dragon Rush, it landed and with a Critical hit ¬¬, If P2 somehow would have survived i'm sure it would have got flinched xD, stupid Super Luck

And my Metagross' Meteor Mash failed like 10 times in the first 21 battles :S

This is rather useful, but it'd be nice to know what the Pokémon's IVs and EVs are, as in 255 Atk/255 Spd rather than a Atk/Spd setup like the site shows.

942 Suicune Bold Chesto Berry Calm Mind Rest Surf Ice Beam HP/Def

Haha some of these aren't half bad I guess. Well, no, alot of them are, but just looking through I can see a few that are gonna be hell to battle with BT hax and all.

EDIT: Okay, I lol'd at this one : 757 Garchomp Brave White Herb Draco Meteor Earthquake Crunch Poison Jab HP/Atk/Sp. Atk

Granted, it's gonna hax me to death and sweep with CH Draco Meteors now, but w/e. Also, no SpecsMence thankfully, the closest it gets is Dragon Pulse/Hydro Pump/Flamethrower/Subsitute @ Petaya Berry.

When someone sweeps 4 trainers in a row, he isn't going to remember the battles because they are so mundane. People generally remember that most upsetting or improbable battles and these form their recollection of Battle Tower. It's easy to think that the battles there are fixed or haxed when you only remember the Walrein that has Sheer Cold and Fissure that managed to pull off 3 OHKOs which has a .8% chance of happening.
QFT.

Thanks for this thread, I find the list helpful.

Granbull@Muscle Band
Jolly
Ability: Intimidate

-
Fire Fang
-Frustration
-Brick Break
-Thunder Fang

EVs: 255 ATK/ 255 SPD

Apparently with this moveset, the Granbull can break through a Wonderguard Spiritomb with Fire Fang. Damn Hax. :(

If anybody here ever gets to 950 consecutive wins, I'll breed them whatever they want and EV train it and everything. That, and I'll sell myself as a slave.
~Bam

Granbull@Muscle Band
Jolly
Ability: Intimidate

-Fire Fang
-Frustration
-Brick Break
-Thunder Fang

EVs: 255 ATK/ 255 SPD

Apparently with this moveset, the Granbull can break through a Wonderguard Spiritomb with Fire Fang. Damn Hax. :(
Spiritomb got Wonderguard, wow that's truly news to me.

Wait, someone in the battle tower has a gamesharked spiritomb with wonder guard? :P

And fire fang gets past it because it can burn?

Or am I totally confused? :P

Hmmm... is it possible that WonderGuard is specifically programmed in to only allow hits from Gho, Dar, Roc, Fir, Fly? After all, they really didn't need to program it to check if the hit would be supereffective, and then block it, if only Shedinja was supposed to get it.

It would explain why Fire Fang got past wonder guard, and why wonder guard Spiritomb isn't technically as good as it seems (although the hacked stats are still a major problem).

My friend told me how he ran into that and couldn't get past that. Weird.
That is weird, are you sure it was a Spiritomb and not Shedinja he was fighting, that could be the case. I'm kinda surprised there's a hacked(if it's true) pokemon in Battle Tower, funny.

lol at #844 power trick Shuckle. You had better hope you have a physical attacker still alive for this one. I'm thinking a Gyro Ball from a 614 attack is going to hurt.

I used the think the BT didn't cheat either, that it's only a matter of the odds catching up with you but I'm not so sure anymore. While 3OHKO's landing is within the realm of possibility, how about quick claw activating for each of those as well. That just seems like impossible odds to me but I've had it happen.

I love how that list has.. SO. SO. many "Quick Claws", "Bright Powders", as well as double teams/ohko attackers.

Hurrah for battle tower cheating. :-(

*just lost yesterday because some guy had a bright powder, and he ended up missing all of his attacks against him*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)