Tournament OM Farm League II Commencement and Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other Metagames Farm League II

With OMPL VIII now underway, it's time for the long awaited second instalment of OMFL. The goal of OMFL is to provide a high level tournament for those players who missed out on getting drafted for OMPL and most of all to have a good time.
  • The number of teams is yet undecided and will depend on the level of interest in signups, and as such the Manager and Player signups will run at the same time in this thread. There will likely be four to six teams. Each team will have one Manager.
  • Managers must be able to participate in an auction to draft their team.
  • Managers must select the lineup for the week, and send it to me before the week starts. If you don't think you can do this for the duration of OMFL II (it's honestly not that complicated), do not sign up.
  • Managers are responsible for their team's behavior. Make sure members of your team are abiding by the rules and remain active.
  • Managers are expected to facilitate substitutions when necessary.
  • Any player can sign up as long as they are not a player in OMPL VIII and not Tourbanned.
  • Manager signups may be OMPL players, but non-OMPL players will be preferred.
  • Managers will not play.
  • The tournament is likely to last 6 to 8 weeks.
More details on the exact format and the draft will be posted after managers are decided.

If you are interested in playing, be aware that any team may buy you, and you are expected to play for any one of them. Only list tiers in your signup that you are willing to play. While these aren't binding, it will affect how the managers will see you, and you are expected to play them if necessary. If you would not consider seriously playing a tier in a tournament, do not list it. Do not make dumb joke posts about playing tiers you don't care for.

You are generally expected to participate in your team's Discord. While we understand that activity levels may vary, this is the core portion of team tournaments, and what makes it fun. Your team's Discord server is where your team will hang out, discuss strategies and just have fun without worrying about the game. This is where teams come together (or fall apart), and likely the most integral part to the entire tournament.

Player signups are now CLOSED

Manager signups are now CLOSED

Last edited:
Manager
PS name: DurzaOffTopic
Team Name (subject to change): Off-Topic Octilleries
Timezone: GMT-4
Why you should choose me: I won as the manager of OMFL I :bloblul:, would like the opportunity to defend my crown
edit: i also managed and my team won handily never losing a week. i've been playing in subforum premier leaguess on smogon consistently for 3 years so i have a lot of experience. i've managed a handful of large discord tours too

Last edited:

Rei

Solace
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Manager
PS name: Yami
Team Name (subject to change): Hacking Porygon
Why you should choose me: I won OMPL last year (rip not making it this year) and was so committed last year I prepped and played while on vacation. I also have been apart of many different team tours over the last three years (MPL, NFEPL, BLT, Mono BLT x3, 1v1pl x3, 1v1 wc x2, CAPTT, LC Ekans, ZUPL and OM Snake) and know what it takes to manage a team and get ready each week.

Last edited:
oh my god willdbeast u goat.

Probs wont sign up, but have fun yall, ompl managers bad for not grabbing all of you

EDIT: DAMN IT WILLDBEAST YOU MADE ME WASTE MY 250 POST ON THIS

EDIT2: Oh, managers dont play, count me in boss
PS name: Tectonicdestroyer
Team Name (subject to change): Intelligent Infernapes
Timezone: GMT+8
Why you should choose me: Im managing CVCTT rn, i did relatively well in OMPL last yr. I have commitmentt to my team, fairly active in om community last yr. Currently playing in BSPL. Super flexible and will motivate my team

Last edited:

Tack

Bow to your Matriarch
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Manager
PS name: Tack is a Nerd
Team Name (subject to change): Ferocious Ferroseeds
Why you should choose me: Was assman for the Humilau Hakamo-o's in zupl, which got 2nd place, and assman for Ferros in nfepl3, which eventually won the whole tour. Also this looks fun :)

Manager
PS name: Magii
Team Name (subject to change): Zoomin Zebstrikas
Timezone: GMT -6
Why you should choose me: I don't have tours experience like ITH, I'm not funny like ACML, and there's no way I could ever be Champion Leon, but I have 20 games of BH this gen (more than a certain OMPL starter?) and a neat logo.

zoomin zebstrika.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)