OMG hacker, you're using wobbuffet.

See title, if you don't like it leave.

With the unbanning of wobbuffet, and the recent failers of my previous team. I decided to make a wobbuffet centered team. And it works great. The main idea is to kill all walls with tickle+pursuit and then set something up to sweep. And because it's wobbufet I use a "cheap" theme.

At a glance:

Sceptile
Timid @ life-orb
252 speed/ sp.att 6 hp
Leafstorm
Hp-ice
Focusblast
Gigadrain

My lead and very strong special attacker. It OHKO's the dragons with HP-ice (unless yache or sp.def) and KO's weakened stuff with leaf-storm. Gigadrain is basicly a filler, but better then energy ball. Leafstorm will be my main grass attack and when I do use an other grass move I can appreciate the healing to counteracts life-orb. It has saved me quite a few times, and not once I needed the extra power from energyball.

Wobbuffet
Jolly @ leftovers
252 hp/speed 6 sp.def
Counter
Mirrorcoat
Encore
Tickle

First "cheap" pokemon and the star of the team. Jolly + max speed to outspeed a lot of stuff (even tyranitar o_0) and encore it to it's doom. Occasionly I use the very cheap pp-stall with encore. Namely on skarmory/forretress. Weakens walls so absol kills them or locks stuff in a useless move so metagross gets his rockpolish to wreck havoc. Say again this is not uuber.

Absol "superluck"
Jolly @ life-orb
252 attack/speed 6 hp.
Pursuit
Sucker-punch
Night-slash
X-scizor

I know I shouldn't be using 3 dark-type moves, but I have to. X-scizor is for coverage. I have several reasons to use absol over tyrranitar
1. More speed
2. Sucker-punch
3. Super luck
4. It looks cool
5. No sandstream (I don't like sandstorm)
6. Crit-hax fits in the "cheap" theme

STAB+life-orb+critical hit sucker-punch OHKO's garchomp/infernape, heracross (though not always), and gyarados (some of them). So even if it looks like I am totally screwed, super luck may come to the rescue. And of course nichtslash has a high critical hit ratio on top of that. With al these dark-type moves I am considering dark-glasses. But I think I will miss the OHKO's when sucker-punch goes critical.

Togekiss
Bold @ leftovers
170 HP/ 188 def/ 16 speed/ 136 sp.def
Airslash
Wish
Aurasphere
bodyslam

The hax queen, fits perfectly in the theme and does it's job well. not much to say, but if you do know a better wisher for this team please say so. I am using kiss more for offence then for support. Bodyslam to paralyze ground types/ electivire and to give my opponent some hax occasionly

Metagross
Adamant @ shucaberry
50 hp/ 252 att/ 208 speed.
Rock-polish
EQ
Ice-punch
Thunder-punch

"What no metermash or explosion on metagross, you noob". Well, I can't use meteormash. This is to go when all walls are dead, and I hate it when they send in their garchomp/random dragon. So I need ice-punch. Same goes for gyarados and thunderpunch. And heatran lucario and infernape with EQ. I don't have the room for it. These 3 moves give the coverage I need, and I am not changing them. shuca-berry to survive T-tar's/gliscor EQ who survive mine attacks (EQ and ice-punch), and jolly scarf-chomp if somebody uses that. Rock-polish because I like the name.

Tentacruel
Calm @ black-sludge
204 HP/ 36 speed/ 96 sp.att/ 172 sp.def
Surf
Rapid-spin
Toxicspikes
Icy wind.

Absorbs toxic-spikes for wobba, and when I trap skarm and pp-stall it out of regular spikes, I can spin them away. Don't care much about stealth-rock, although togekiss doesn't like it. Icywind is a nifty move. If I hit incoming garchomp/dragons their speed is lowered so I outspeed and kill next turn. Works even better since most people just assumed icebeam, and did not notice the speed drop. Also against certain wallish pokemon, it makes wobba faster.

So rate my team, and make suggestions. And please post something, all my other RMT's ended with 7 posts about wether or not a lum-berry on scizor.

WHy jolly wobbufet? Mirror coat and counter always go last. I would say to go Bold or Calm with 0 speed evs
He uses a Jolly Wobbuffet to outspeed certain Pokemon. Let's say Tyranitar (Boah) uses Substitute the moment you switch to Wobuffet, you'll be able to use Encore before he is able to use Crunch or Dark Pulse. This way he'll be able to set something up after the switch without taking the Crunch or Dark Pulse damage.

Jolly wob to outrun stuff indeed.

And come on 182 views and only 2 replies, can somebody please give good insight besides why X instead of Y, when I said that in the tekst itself.

I think I played this team on shoddy recently.

Anyway, I can see two problems that stand out - Scarf Tran and DD TTar.

You have nothing that can really switch in safely to Tran. Of course you can predict around it but a smart player using Scarf Tran will give you a very tough time. However, DD Tar is the biggest threat by far. If it gets a DD off, it will sweep you provided it packs SE/ EQ/ Crunch/ DD.

To remedy these problems, I suggest a Sleeptalk Swampert over Tentacruel to handle these problems while giving you a nice Sleep Asorber at the same time.

I do understand you needed Cruel to asorb TS, so how about replacing Sceptile (who provides nothing for the team in terms of synergy) with a Roserade lead? This still gives you Leaf Storm and possibly HP Ice while keeping TS along with a way to nulify enemy Toxic Spikes.

Hope that helped!

Swampert will also give you something to swap into to take electric attacks togekiss may attract

(chek my rmt aswell :P)

I think I played this team on shoddy recently.

Anyway, I can see two problems that stand out - Scarf Tran and DD TTar.

You have nothing that can really switch in safely to Tran. Of course you can predict around it but a smart player using Scarf Tran will give you a very tough time. However, DD Tar is the biggest threat by far. If it gets a DD off, it will sweep you provided it packs SE/ EQ/ Crunch/ DD.

To remedy these problems, I suggest a Sleeptalk Swampert over Tentacruel to handle these problems while giving you a nice Sleep Asorber at the same time.

I do understand you needed Cruel to asorb TS, so how about replacing Sceptile (who provides nothing for the team in terms of synergy) with a Roserade lead? This still gives you Leaf Storm and possibly HP Ice while keeping TS along with a way to nulify enemy Toxic Spikes.

Hope that helped!
Actually scarftran is one of the least of my worrys (and tentacruel switches in very nicely). I have faced a couple of those, and some dd-tars. I don't know if it was luck, but I took care of them rather easily. (Although scarftran usually involved sacreficing something, and let wobba take care of it.) I have more problems with swordsdance luke. If you can find something (preferable replace sceptile) that takes care of him, I would be very gratefull.

EDIT: icywind is needed for the speed drop, it has helped me so much, that I am very reluctant to replace it.

a mixape will fit in nicely running something like mine

Infernape @ Life orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs:30hp,222spd,252Sp.Att
Naive nature
-Close combat
-Grass knot
-Thunderpunch
-Flamethrower

outspeeds max speed lucario and quite alot of other things

Edit:Also since it runs thunderpunch you could put meteormash back on your metagross

a mixape will fit in nicely running something like mine

Infernape @ Life orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs:30hp,222spd,252Sp.Att
Naive nature
-Close combat
-Grass knot
-Thunderpunch
-Flamethrower

outspeeds max speed lucario and quite alot of other things

Edit:Also since it runs thunderpunch you could put meteormash back on your metagross
I already though of something like that. The thing is that most sd-lues carry extremespeed. Infernape dies to that in one hit if luke has a sd.

sceptile could use leech seed instead of giga drain, there's very little advantage of giga drain an almost any circumstace(bar possibly swampert)

What about this gliscor as a lead?

Gliscor
Impish @ lefties
252 hp/def 6 att
EQ
SE
Ice-fang
Roost

I don't need stealthrock damage. Wob clears walls and most sweepers get OHKO'd anyway bye metagross when he is busy. 12.5% isn't enough. Maybe if gliscor knew spikes.

SE for flyers and icefang for dragons. EQ as good stab...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)