Opportunities for "mid-level" mafia players

Basically: what mafia opportunities are there for players that have 'outgrown' beginner games, but aren't experienced enough to be picked for/do anything but follow the village leader blindly in big/expert games?

So I got into Smogon mafia in 2012, and I played a few beginner games and they were really fun. Eventually I kinda had enough experience that beginner games got sort of stale, and I started looking for more complicated, experimental games that I could play in and do stuff in without just blindly following a village leader. The problem was...there weren't any. So here I am.

This problem comes from the fact that there are two types of mafia games that we still have enough people in the mafia community for. The first are super-basic beginner games populated by new players, and the second are games populated entirely by super-well known players where somebody 'mid-level' will end up doing nothing but claiming to people until they find their village leader, at which point all they do for the rest of the game is just do what their leader tells them and feed night results. These mid-level players will never have a chance at leading a village either. And in expert games, they will probably not be selected to play.

How can these 'mid-level' players have a chance to really contribute to more experimental/complex games?

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Almost everyone of anyone follows orders unless giving them. Start giving them. Start questioning orders. It just takes a bit of backbone.

My current game is hardly full of high level players.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Nobody is going to make the perfect game for you - if you want to change the direction Circus is heading, make a game in the style that you want. I (and the other mods) are open to pretty much whatever so long as it sounds reasonable.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
the problem is that 'mid level' players are still much worse than the top players and only really come to fruition super late game when if all the good players have been namekilled

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)