Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

Actually, Blaziken could pass speed and SDs if it for some odd reason found itself in a bad matchup. However, in response to Shinji Mimura, you might want to take a look at a tournament called Gods Among Us, currently in its third round where Blaziken is allowed alongside the OU mons. Right now the consensus seems to be that although Blaziken can no longer pass, it still has Speed Boost alongside being hella powerful and having actual bulk (unlike, say, Sharpedo), so it's still too much at this point.

Ninja'd, but whatever.
Not to mention how bad it dumped on offense and broke half the tier with SD and Blitz/HJK alone.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
there basically has to be a metagame shift. otherwise, the council will do what they feel is worth looking into to improve the metagame. there's really not a lot of precedent to go off of.

SF doesn't boost LO Hydro Pump / Psyshock from Starmie though.
Switch Hydro pump to scald. Up scalds BP from 80 to 110 in the calculator and then apply sheer force. Should do the trick and give you an equivilent reading of analytic hydro pump

Here is an example 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Starmie Scald (110BP) vs. 252 HP / 224+ SpD Mew: 187-220 (46.2 - 54.4%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Seen this word used several times before but forgot to ask:
What is the meaning of "based sets" or "based lord" ? It seems to be used very often.

??? I was not the one using that term. I saw that term being thrown around and was just asking what it means. Is that an insult or something?
To clarify, it's like how kids used to say "cool" things were "da bomb", " tubular", or "boss". It's pretty cringey.
Any reason why Soft-Boiled is used on mew more than Roost?
Very theoretically something could have Imprison and Roost, blocking mew out of healing. Softboiled has a worse distribution but functionally it doesn't matter.

??? I was not the one using that term. I saw that term being thrown around and was just asking what it means. Is that an insult or something?
No it's just really hard to explain. When you call something "Based" you're describing its overwhelming bad assery, positivity, or other "good things." It's also very slang-like and obnoxious according to many members of this community Christo The Gr8

Seen this word used several times before but forgot to ask:
What is the meaning of "based sets" or "based lord" ? It seems to be used very often.
Just smogon sheep culture using whatever term more influential users use. In this case its referring to CTC, who had a team archive thing here a while ago and newer users came to ride dicks for teams by copying his style of writing, including calling his teams based and basically anything else too. The term itself isnt CTCs but it got popularised because of him. Nowadays it just means a really solid set or stuff like that.

why is charizard OU, when it is never used in OU? (talking about regular charizard) Shouldn't regular charizard be UU or lower (and just the mega stones OU)... Maybe venusaur as well?

why is charizard OU, when it is never used in OU? (talking about regular charizard) Shouldn't regular charizard be UU or lower (and just the mega stones OU)... Maybe venusaur as well?
The current policy is being re-reviewed, but here's the current reason:

This was brought a long time ago, and while it is theoretically possible, at the time it was pretty much unanimous that tier leaders didn't want to tier Megas separately from their base forms. (Here's the thread for reference: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tiering-mega-evolutions-separately.3500303/)

It was a pretty short discussion, but I believe a lot of the opposition against doing this involved the fact that there are those who view Megas not as completely different Pokemon, but rather a separate set (Pokemon + item) that the Pokemon can run, and in tiering Megas separately from their base forms you're tiering a set of a mon plus the mon itself. Also, this would get a bit weird since Mega Latios would basically drop Latios to a lower tier provided that it hold a specific item.

How can I get more in to the Metagame ?
I ask because I am very very interested in Battling more than Breeding In-Game Stuff and Tradig them. And I really don't know where I can begin and on which Threads I can be active. I would really appreciate it when Someone would tell me where I can begin here to get more Active in the Competitive Discussion Forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)