Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

Is Mega Scizor rain a viable build or is it bad and better off being done with normal scizor?
Rain is a very matchup based style and in general not as good as Sand which is the best weather there is at the moment and possibly for the time to come. So no. It'd be better to simply use Mega Scizor itself without rain.

Is Mega Scizor rain a viable build or is it bad and better off being done with normal scizor?
As far as rain itself, Scizor certainly benefits from weakened Fire moves and has U-Turn/Bug Bite to punish Grass switchins, but other possible megas include Manectric (Thunder abuse), Pinsir (Grass check as well as benefiting defensively from rain), and Swampert (though it's not the best Swimmer by a mile).

What's the best set for a Naughty Jirachi? Mine has imperfect IV's, but I think it's a pretty SR if you consider mixed needs 6 good IV's (it's 29/30/31/31/31/31) and am planning to use it on battles. Also, what's a good moveset for Careful Mew that doesn't need softboiled. I'm thinking Stallbreaker set could work with Drain Punch in the place of Softboiled, but would like to hear from you guys. Thanks!

MANNAT

https://spo.ink/aq7
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What's the best set for a Naughty Jirachi? Mine has imperfect IV's, but I think it's a pretty SR if you consider mixed needs 6 good IV's (it's 29/30/31/31/31/31) and am planning to use it on battles. Also, what's a good moveset for Careful Mew that doesn't need softboiled. I'm thinking Stallbreaker set could work with Drain Punch in the place of Softboiled, but would like to hear from you guys. Thanks!
scarfed jirachi is probably fine vs 90% of mons bar like other scarfers.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability - Inner Focus
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Att / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Rush
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Hello everybody. I joined the forums recently and was interested in getting into sort of semi-competitive battling. This Dragonite is my first EV trained pokemon and I would like to ask if anybody had any recommendations for other team members to feature. Please note I am playing Pokemon Y but may be getting ORAS soon. Thanks in advance!

For the Mew bit you can just use Roost since you're playing ingame. Your moveset adaption should be Will-O-Wisp / Taunt / Roost / Knock Off. The former three are found as TMs and the latter a move tutor move.

For the Mew bit you can just use Roost since you're playing ingame. Your moveset adaption should be Will-O-Wisp / Taunt / Roost / Knock Off. The former three are found as TMs and the latter a move tutor move.
I feel a bit dumb right now. Totally forgot about Roost. lol Thanks!

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks, but what about IV's and moveset? What do you think could take the most advantage out of Naughty? I think a LO/Expert Belt set could also work, but don't know.
If you're going for mixed then the IVs should be fine. Just take a look at the analysis and what the benchmarks provided do and, if necessary, shift a few EVs around to hot the same stats that the listed investment hits with 31. Jirachi probably won't miss 1 point in an offense and 2 points in HP as the difference it makes in terms of overall power/bulk is <1%.

If you're going for mixed then the IVs should be fine. Just take a look at the analysis and what the benchmarks provided do and, if necessary, shift a few EVs around to hot the same stats that the listed investment hits with 31. Jirachi probably won't miss 1 point in an offense and 2 points in HP as the difference it makes in terms of overall power/bulk is <1%.
Sorry, I meant EV's. lol

MANNAT

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks, but what about IV's and moveset? What do you think could take the most advantage out of Naughty? I think a LO/Expert Belt set could also work, but don't know.
evs should be max attack with max speed moves being iron head, ice punch or fire punch (or heart stamp, but i think that's an event), u turn, and healing wish ideally. i havent used those two sets, so i wouldn't know

evs should be max attack with max speed moves being iron head, ice punch or fire punch (or heart stamp, but i think that's an event), u turn, and healing wish ideally. i havent used those two sets, so i wouldn't know
No, yeah, I know this is the classic Scarf Jirachi set. But what you guys recommend for Naughty Jirachi? I know mixed sets are viable because a Mild one is listed on the site, but I don't know how to make it fit Naughty the best. Anybody knows a good Naughty Jirachi set?

MANNAT

No, yeah, I know this is the classic Scarf Jirachi set. But what you guys recommend for Naughty Jirachi? I know mixed sets are viable because a Mild one is listed on the site, but I don't know how to make it fit Naughty the best. Anybody knows a good Naughty Jirachi set?
the mixed set depends on what your team needs to lure, but it always has iron head as the first move

This tournament was modeled after the GBA tournament, each team has 10 Pokemon, including a mega, and we make teams to battle each other

We are currently entering the playoffs and I could use some help taking down the #1 seed (has more 6-0 victories than I have wins), below, I have posted my possible Pokemon and his possible Pokemon

I will be eternally grateful to anyone that takes the time out of their day to help a 4th seed defeat a 1st seed

My team:
Mega Latios, Haxorus, Magnezone, Mamoswine, Dragonite, Volcrona, Slowbro, Forretress, Metagross, Amoonguss, Jolteon

His team: Mega Manectric, Scizor, Landorus-Therian, Clefable, Thundurus, Victini, Serperior, Suicune, Machamp, Weavile, Skarmory

Ways he's built his team in the past: Always always ALWAYS, whenever he has brought Serperior, he uses Contrary with Leaf Storm (to be expected), he uses Skarmory to set up hazards, but however, it's been a while since he last used Victini, but it always has to be a threat to be accounted for

anybody have an interesting mon that they have been testing around with that can be viable? really underused? if not i'll just use gogoat :3 something someone would consider heat

This tournament was modeled after the GBA tournament, each team has 10 Pokemon, including a mega, and we make teams to battle each other

We are currently entering the playoffs and I could use some help taking down the #1 seed (has more 6-0 victories than I have wins), below, I have posted my possible Pokemon and his possible Pokemon

I will be eternally grateful to anyone that takes the time out of their day to help a 4th seed defeat a 1st seed

My team:
Mega Latios, Haxorus, Magnezone, Mamoswine, Dragonite, Volcrona, Slowbro, Forretress, Metagross, Amoonguss, Jolteon

His team: Mega Manectric, Scizor, Landorus-Therian, Clefable, Thundurus, Victini, Serperior, Suicune, Machamp, Weavile, Skarmory

Ways he's built his team in the past: Always always ALWAYS, whenever he has brought Serperior, he uses Contrary with Leaf Storm (to be expected), he uses Skarmory to set up hazards, but however, it's been a while since he last used Victini, but it always has to be a threat to be accounted for
To me Magnezone, Mamoswine, and Amoonguss look like essential brings for you, standard specs trap mag can do work, slowbro lets a lot of things in, but I think you need it, so bring it but be careful, hope this helps

if I'm making a post on the weekly research thread and I want to refer to another thread so that it is blue text like a link what do i do

if I'm making a post on the weekly research thread and I want to refer to another thread so that it is blue text like a link what do i do
If you want to just post the link, you use this
Code:
[URL]http://www.example.com[/URL]
And if you want to have some text link to that site, use
Code:
[URL=http://www.example.com]Go to example.com[/URL]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)