OU RMT. Yeah, original.

Introduction;

I knew from the start that I wanted a team with good synergy to easily switch in on a lot
of moves. From past experiences, I always have trouble with things like Gyarados and
Jolteon, since they had good abilities and their typing matched up pretty well. I wanted to
try this combination for myself.
The general idea is to try to figure out the opponents team, then sweep with either
Gyarados or Latias (usually Latias). Jolteon, Gengar, and Vaporeon all provide support to
try and keep the team healthy or take out any threats.

Team at a Glance;

Team Building Process;

I knew I wanted to build around these two pokemon. I thought they typing/ability
combination would be fun to use, and frustrating for an opponent. So I added another
poke with some nice immunities.

+

Gengar is a great revenge killer that also poses a big threat to many teams. I think it fits
in nicely with the other pokemon due to its typing. At this point I decided to pick my lead,
before I forgot (I always forget about a lead lol).

+

Jirachi is yet another pokemon with great typing and abilities. It functions well as a lead
and sets up SR against a lot of pokemon, which could prove very useful with all the
switching that is likely to occur. It also draws in fire and ground type moves, which give
gyarados a nice easy switch in. But maybe gyarados is taking too many attack... he can't
stay alive forever, especially without a reliable healing move (not rest).
I thought my team was a bit frail so I decided to add a
more defensive pokemon next.

+

Vaporeon adds a great immunity, and gives me the ability to Wishpass to anything on my
team, which is great. Gyarados really takes a beating from SR, and I might need it to
switch in multiple times to intimidate things so Wish is great for him. Just one more..
hmm.. I seem to be in need to a late game sweeper, in case Gyarados doesn't work out.

+

Latias brings yet another immunity to the team, as well as being a decent check against a
lot of those pesky dragons thanks to it's speed. It also has a nice decent sp def and
can also wish pass if I need it. Latias is in.

Infernape replaced Gengar for better coverage on Tyranitar and other threats.

Things I kept in mind while creating my movesets;
- Gyarados is my ONLY physical sweeper, assuming you don't include jirachi.
That means he's very important, and I needed to keep him alive.
- Just in case Gyarados took a crit or surprise T-bolt, I needed to be able to
take out Blissey.
- I have two pokemon that are pursuit weak. Ouch.
- Gyarados is my only stealth-rock-weak pokemon.
- I have nothing weak to fighting, steel, or water.

----------

In-depth look;

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Adamant / Serene Grace
108 HP / 228 Att / 172 Spe
~ Stealth Rock
~ Iron Head
~ U-Turn
~ Trick
Jirachi is my lead of choice, with great typing, base stats, and a huge movepool. Jirachi
sets up SR in a lot of situations, without needlessly sacrificing itself. It can also come back
later in the game to stop a salamence sweep in it's tracks, or to just cripple dangerous
threats with thunder wave. Twave/Ironhead/SR/Icepunch

Changed Jirachi to a Choice Scarf Lead to help with Salamence, and to Trick bulky waters. Trick is my main way to counter Swampert, and other things like Cresselia and Snorlax don't like it either.

Fire goes to Gyarados, Vaporeon, Latias.
Ground goes to Gyarados, Latias.

Jolteon @ Leftovers
Timid / Volt Absorb
4 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
~ Thunderbolt
~ Substitute
~ Baton Pass
~ Hidden Power
{Ice}

Jolteon is a great support pokemon and revenge killer for my team. Its speed allows me to quickly set up a
Substitute, and pass it right on over to someone like Gyarados, Gengar, or even Latias.
Hidden power ice is great with Thunderbolt for a pseudo bolt-beam. I chose this set
because I really don't like Choice items.. at all... and I really like the support jolteon can
provide.

Ground goes to Gyarados, Latias, Vaporeon.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant / Intimidate
152 HP / 176 Att / 36 Def / 144 Spe
~ Taunt
~ Waterfall
~ Stone Edge
~ Dragon Dance

It's hard to find a team that isn't prepared for gyarados nowadays.. but when you do, it's
fun to sweep with it. XD My gyarados adds a bit of insurance against Stone Edge-less
lucario, and even Zapdos (possibility to OHKO with a DD + SR). Gyarados also has great
synergy with the rest of my team, drawing those electric-type attacks for Jolteon and
resisting fire for Jirachi.

Electric goes to Jolteon, Latias.
Rock goes to Jirachi, Vaporeon.

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Naive / Blaze
64 Att / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
~ Close Combat
~ Hidden Power {Ice}

~ Fire Blast
~ U-Turn

Scarfed Infernape to better counter threats like Tyranitar, Salamence, and Flygon.
Previously a Timid Gengar (Sub/HP Fire/Shadow Ball/Focus Blast). Infernape is a slightly
better counter at the cost of no fighting immunity and less resistances (but more speed).

Water goes to Vaporeon, Latias.
Ground goes to Gyarados, Latias.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold / Water Absorb
188 HP / 252 Def / 70 Spe
~ Surf
~ Wish
~ Protect
~ Hidden Power
{Electric}

Standard Wish Vaporeon really helps out my team. None except Latias carry a reliable
healing move, so they all benefit from a nice 50% health boost. This is especially
important for Gyarados, who is is hurt pretty badly by Stealth rock, but is still expected to
take attacks. Protect guarantees Vaporeon's own health, and scouts attacks. Hidden power
Electric is really useful for other bulky waters like Tentacruel, and can also help to take
down Gyarados who would otherwise cripple my support abilities with Taunt.

Electric goes to Jolteon, Latias.
Grass goes to Latias, Jirachi, Infernape.

Latias @ Leftovers
Timid / Levitate
154 HP / 104 SpA / 252 Spe (Changed! originally
128 HP / 128 SpA / 252 Spe)
~ Recover
~ Calm Mind
~ Refresh
~ Dragon Pulse

Latias is an amazing team member. She functions as a great late-game sweeper, once
Scizor, Tyranitar, and other steel types are out of the way (achieved by Gengar). Refresh
keeps her on top of things like Porygon2, who could otherwise be a huge nuisance with it's
ability to Trace all of my awesome abilities. Latias can even set up easily against Blissey
thanks to Refresh and sweep the rest of the team.

Ice goes to Vaporeon, Jirachi, Gyarados.
Dragon goes to Jirachi.
Dark goes to Jirachi.

Threat List;
Code:
Tyranitar - Lure in with Gengar. Vappy can Surf it. Jirachi's Iron head hurts too.
Gyarados - Jolteon covers it pretty well. Jirachi can paralyze it. Vaporeon walls it + hits for SE with HP Elec
Infernape - Vappy takes care of it. Latias checks it pretty well. Gengar can come in on CC. Gyarados counters some variants.
 Azelf - Vappy covers lead Azelf and can predict explosion.
Rhyperior - Jirachi's Iron Head hurts. Vappy can Surf. 
Electivire - Depending on the situation, I can usually 2hko it with something even if I have to take a SE hit. Don't let it get a speed boost. 
Heracross - Gengar HP Fire. Can't do a lot to Vappy.
Salamence - Jirachi Comes in on outrage and ice punch. Figuring out the set usually hurts though..
Togekiss - Jirachi twaves + ice punch.
Gengar - Jolteon outspeeds. Jirachi can take most attacks except hp fire.
Raikou - is this really a threat? Lati can probably set up on it. Can't really hurt jirachi.
Lucario - Gyarados vs non-stone edge. Vaporeon helps. Gengar comes in on CC and hp fire.
Starmie - Gengar can survive surf and hurt it with shadow ball. Can also block rapid spin. Lati might be able to set up on it. Jolteon outspeeds
Weavile - not used.. can't do much to Gyarados. 
Dugtrio - Not really a threat.. I can revenge kill easily.
Alakazam - gengar, lati
PorygonZ - gengar focus blast. lati might be able to set up.
Medicham - gengar. 
Staraptor - seriously? I need to find a better threat list. More coming soon. XD
Slowbro
Machamp
Jolteon
Aerodactyl
Snorlax
Zapdos
Blissey
Suicune
Sceptile
Breloom
Slaking
Tangrowth
Ninjask
Metagross
Heatran
Celebi
Jirachi

Just something quick, I recommend you tweak Latias's EV spread slightly, and change it to 152 HP/104 Sp A/252 Spd so it it can survive 4 consecutive Seismic Tosses from Blissey. Trust me, the Sp Atk loss is negiotable because most of the time you'll be at +6 and stampeding everything anyways.

A well-played Tyranitar can come in on any of your Pokemon and slowly proceed to ruin your team. It can set up on Jolteon/Vappy with Dragon Dance, then ruin your team with Crunch/Stone Edge/EQ. If it switches in on a Gengar Shadow Ball or HP Fire (which a well-played Tyranitar can), it wins because of Choice Band Pursuit. Boah can come in on Jolteon or Vappy again, throw up a Sub, and dominate with Focus Punch/T-bolt/Dark Pulse.

Any form of Mixmence also decimates you, especially the new Mixmence variants. Fire Blast hits the Jirachi switch-in, then Outrage murders the rest of your team bar Gyara, who can't take Draco Meteor that well.

To help out with this, I suggest putting something to act as a check to both Tar and Mence. Mamoswine makes a good choice, since it can get rid of Tar with Earthquake and revenge kill Mence with Ice Shard.

Just something quick, I recommend you tweak Latias's EV spread slightly, and change it to 152 HP/104 Sp A/252 Spd so it it can survive 4 consecutive Seismic Tosses from Blissey. Trust me, the Sp Atk loss is negiotable because most of the time you'll be at +6 and stampeding everything anyways.
Done, thanks for the suggestion.

A well-played Tyranitar can come in on any of your Pokemon and slowly proceed to ruin your team. It can set up on Jolteon/Vappy with Dragon Dance, then ruin your team with Crunch/Stone Edge/EQ. If it switches in on a Gengar Shadow Ball or HP Fire (which a well-played Tyranitar can), it wins because of Choice Band Pursuit. Boah can come in on Jolteon or Vappy again, throw up a Sub, and dominate with Focus Punch/T-bolt/Dark Pulse.

Any form of Mixmence also decimates you, especially the new Mixmence variants. Fire Blast hits the Jirachi switch-in, then Outrage murders the rest of your team bar Gyara, who can't take Draco Meteor that well.

To help out with this, I suggest putting something to act as a check to both Tar and Mence. Mamoswine makes a good choice, since it can get rid of Tar with Earthquake and revenge kill Mence with Ice Shard.
I'm not so sure about this. Yes, TTar can set up on Jolteon. But can't Vaporeon 2hko it with surf? Plus, even if Ttar switches in on Gengar's HP Fire or shadow ball, Gengar can still ohko 252 hp Ttar the next turn with focus blast. Bulkier ones will take the hit and probably ko me, but it'll still be weak enough for Vaporeon or Jirachi to finish off.

Mixmence is a problem though. Generally I would send out Vaporeon or latias to try to get it to lock into outrage so Jirachi can take it out, but obviously it's very risky against an experienced player. I'm not really a fan of mamoswine as I've never used one, and I wouldn't know who to replace.

Your Gengar has a great set that I've used to great effect myself, but I was wondering what did more to the standard Blissey or Tyranitar - Focus Blast or Focus Punch? With a Sub up, you don't have to worry about the Punch not working, and it hits the weaker defense of both of them for Super Effective damage (I'm counting Tar's sand boost). If you run some calcs, maybe you can see if replacing Focus Blast with Focus Punch might be a good idea.

From what I can tell, the main advantage of using Focus Blast is that you don't have to split the EV's and use a -def/spdef nature to guarantee the ko's. That means you'll be doing more damage to everything else with your other attacks. Also, you don't rely as much on setting up a substitute, although it's still important.

Got your PM, but this one's gotta be quick cause of HW ( >_> )

So expanding on what cyberzero said, MixGar would really help your Latias sweep, drawing in not only the steels and darks that trouble it, but also blissey. It is ridiculously easy to set up a substitute with Gengar, and once it's up something almost always dies. The spread is 100 Atk / 156 SpA / 252 Spe. Hasty nature. That being said, your Latias can already set up on Blissey, but just in case it's nice to have a back up.

Next I notice a pretty big issue against DD Mence, one DD and you need to play very well to get around it. I think a Scarf Jirachi in your lead spot could be a nice addition. SR/Trick/Iron Head/ Ice Punch should do a good job, and trick gives you yet another weapon against stall, as well as CroCune and Curselax type Pokemon.

Edit: Mixed Gar allows you to take on Blissey a lot better, and splitting the EVs isn't a huge deal. And as for Flyers, I watch more hockey than football, but hockey isn't on yet :(

That's it for now, may add in stuff later. Good Luck!

Thanks!
I don't understand why the mixed gengar is any better on my team, though. The set I have now seems better because I just don't have to split the EVs.

Scarf Jirachi lead will be considered.

And I don't watch much football, I'm more of a hockey (Flyers) fan, but Let's go Eagles! XD

Actually, the main reason to split your Ev's in this case is because you are using them inefficiently. Notice Gengar packs HP-Fire: this means it can't score speed ties with Latias and other Gengar thanks to the necessity of 30 Speed Iv's, so really you are wasting some Ev's to try and tie things you cannot. Not only this but Blissey will have a much harder time walling you with Focus Punch, you don't have to run Wide Lens to compensate for Focus Blast's terrible accuracy, and Sp.D invested Tyranitar's take a heftier blow from Focus Punch. And, as I'm sure you know, mix sets are harder to wall than completely one sided sweepers. Try this:

Gengar@Leftovers/Expert Belt
Hasty, Levitate
12 Attack/ 252 Special Attack/ 244 Speed ~ OR ~ 76 Attack/ 252 Special Attack/ 180 Speed
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power {Fire}
The first Ev set alows you to outrun max Speed + nature Infernape so it not only can't hinder your sweep but Gengar is still able to check it while being able to put a bit more power into Focus Punch. The second spread outruns + base 100's. Item choice is up to you.

As the others have mentioned you don't have anything to bring down DD users like Salamence or Tyranitar. Taking a look at scarfers may be a good option. Though I did just give you a Sub Gengar set, it may be wiser to use a Scarf set since it can bring down Mence without a problem. Otherwise perhaps Scarf Infernape will be more to your liking since it wipes the floor with Scarf Gon, Salamence, and Tyranitar.

Infernape@Choice Scarf
Naive, Blaze
64 Attack/ 252 Special Attack/ 192 Speed
- Close Combat
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Hidden Power {Ice}
- U-Turn
Ev spread is pretty standard so you can switch it up for customization if you want.

The only other big issue I see (that hasn't already been covered) is your lack of power against Swampert. It can easily Roar through your team without a scratch on it. The only places I can see open for slapping a Grass move in is changing up Latias or HP-Grass on Jolteon (which is really not the best option).

I guess I'll switch Gengar to the Focus Punch set, then. I want to avoid Choice'd sets as much as possible because I hate being locked into a move, but I do see how it's necessary to counter things like DD mence in some cases.
I do like that infernape set, I just don't know who to replace for it. Maybe jolteon? This is so hard lol.

Also, if I go for the infernape should I still Scarf jirachi?
Then I'll have two scarfers, but one can Trick the scarf away.

I also noticed the issue with swampert, but I think I could probably just overpower it. I could possibly give Gengar Energy ball which would also cover other bulky waters like Milotic or something who thinks they can come in since I don't have thunderbolt, but losing it's STAB doesn't seem appealing. Also if I switch to Scarf Jirachi, I can Trick the scarf onto it.

So, in summary, possible changes:
Scarf Jirachi
Scarf Infernape
Focus Punch Gengar / Scarf Gengar

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Finally a decent team up and glad to see some decent synergy here. If you want to work around the good old GyraJolt combo, I think I can try to make some suggestions. Teams like this don't enjoy CB Scizor, because it has alot of oppurtunities to use u-turn, and not one will enjoy it. You could try out this version of Gengar to beat and handle Scizor faster and better and help Gyarados as well.

Gengar
@ Life Orb
Timid Nature (Spe+ / Atk-)
252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe

- Protect
- Hidden Power Fire
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Personally this is one of my favorite Gengar set FIT for this metagame. Gengar has been stopped by Scizor big time and it hinders it sweep. Thankfully, Gengar loves to lure Tyranitar and Scizor, which helps Latias sweep like mentioned. CB Scizor in particular is finished faster.

To get on the set, understand that alot of the times Scizor and Tyranitar will come in on Shadow Ball. And you stand there and wait for prediction. Pursuit or Bullet Punch.. well Protect allows you to scout for what attack it will use. Pursuit helps you use HP fire much more safer, while Bullet Punch allows you to switch-out and help Gyarados come in safely and set up DD much easier. As for Tyranitar, Crunch or Pursuit works in a similar fashion. Although you will need someone to take its attacks and it will be my next suggestion.

Now that we have Gengar patched up, lets just top this team off with CB Scizor over Vaporeon, and let me explain. Most of what Vaporeon is countering is Latias', the Wish support is rather unnecessary at the moment as you could use a better Pokemon over it. CB Scizor has great synergy with Protect Gengar, it comes in on Crunch from Tyranitar and grabs a free U-turn. What will the U-turn hurt? Usually Gyarados who love to Intimidate it, but still takes a shitload of damage from it. This allows you to bring in Jolteon much easier to get a Sub pass going on here. You feel me? It makes the team facilitate better. Another thing it does is check Salamence, who could be trouble for sure, as Jirachi won't enjoy a +1 Outrage. Thankfully, Scizor has CB bullet Punch to dispose it when its weakened. It also checks Dd Tyranitar to a good extent. To sum it up, Scizor's U-turn is a plus 1 for the team as it helps weaken the opponent's team (even resisted) and let the bulky Pokemon finish them faster. If your wondering what the standard set is by now its 248 Hp / 252 Atk / 8 Spe and Bullet Punch / u-turn / Superpower/ Pursuit as standard. Of course, I will advice that you dont use Superpower early, try to use BP and U-turn, and Pursuit to a lesser extent, only trapping Gengar which could be trouble for the team. gl broo

I'm trying to work around your main focus of the team, so Jolteon should stay where it is. Now take a look at Gengar and Gyarados.

Both are immune to Ground moves, Gyarados through typing and Gengar through Levitate. While Gengar is immune to Fighting, Gyarados resists it and powers down the commonly physical moves with Intimidate. However, the big difference between the two is what they are doing for your team. I really don't see Gengar being needed since Gyarados has basically the same advantages type/ability-wise while working in conjunction with Jolteon. If you had a Charge Beam Baton Pass Jolteon set, things would be different. But you do not so for now I see Gengar as the main replacable member of the team. The main thing it can do in terms of handling threats is sucker in Scizor and Tyranitar while putting a stop to standard SD Luke sets. Gyarados counters Scizor and Lucario and scares Tyranitar away as long as you avoid Stone Edge; so really Gyarados is doing more for your team.

So back to your question on what to replace for Scarf Infernape: I would say Gengar for the time being. Provides mix support but more Speed while luring in Earthquake users for Gyarados to switch in on. The only problem I see with the change is Starmie becomes a bit more of a pain, though U-Turn hurts a lot on the switch in and Jolteon scares non-Scarf sets away, giving you a chance to set up a Substitute in peace.

For Jirachi, it might not be a bad idea to Scarf it. Though I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that Scarfing a Swampert will be the end of his annoyance. He can Roar on anybody but Gyarados who's Taunt will stop it cold. It would be a slight improvement over the set you're using now, which looks more like a mid-game staller or annoyer at best. Besides Stealth Rock it doesn't seem to be doing much for the team. Quite honestly I don't really understand the point of the standard Jirachi spread since it shoots to outrun Ninjask and Roserade leads without a Scarf, Roserade easily 2HKOing with HP-Fire if Tricked or simply having a Scarfed sleeper for later and Ninjask will obviously Protect turn one and then outrun it with Speed Boost.

The spread I have devised and suggest is thus:

Jirachi@Choice Scarf
Adamant, Serene Grace
108 HP/ 228 Attack/ 172 Speed
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-Turn
The Ev spread looks a bit out there but it's easy to explain. The first thing was to invest into outspeeding Electrode leads so they can be swiftly dealt with by Iron Head or Trick (Scarf Electrode = useless except for a fast, weak Explosion). Noticing one must hit 278 in the speed stat with a Scarf to outrun it, 4 more Speed Ev's were thrown in to outrun Heatran so one could U-Turn out in case they were using it to force a switch then immediately switch out without attacking (if you have kept the Scarf of course). Iron Head and U-Turn get a hefty boost from the Adamant nature and the added bulk will help taking hits later on. The moveset is standard.

PS - I like the set franky.

I'm trying to work around your main focus of the team, so Jolteon should stay where it is. Now take a look at Gengar and Gyarados.

Both are immune to Ground moves, Gyarados through typing and Gengar through Levitate. While Gengar is immune to Normal, Gyarados resists it and powers down the commonly physical moves with Intimidate. However, the big difference between the two is what they are doing for your team. I really don't see Gengar being needed since Gyarados has basically the same advantages type/ability-wise while working in conjunction with Jolteon. If you had a Charge Beam Baton Pass Jolteon set, things would be different. But you do not so for now I see Gengar as the main replacable member of the team. The main thing it can do in terms of handling threats is sucker in Scizor and Tyranitar while putting a stop to standard SD Luke sets. Gyarados counters Scizor and Lucario and scares Tyranitar away as long as you avoid Stone Edge; so really Gyarados is doing more for your team.
I don't think I agree with this. Just because they have similar resistances doesn't mean they do the same things.
I think I'm giving Gyarados too much work. He has to keep all these things in check while also trying to sweep. With his stealth rock weakness and no recovery, it really hurts and I've found he doesn't usually get a chance to sweep. I'm considering giving Gyarados a more defensive spread, could I have someone's opinion on that? And how many Ttars don't have stone edge? lol
So back to your question on what to replace for Scarf Infernape: I would say Gengar for the time being. Provides mix support but more Speed while luring in Earthquake users for Gyarados to switch in on. The only problem I see with the change is Starmie becomes a bit more of a pain, though U-Turn hurts a lot on the switch in and Jolteon scares non-Scarf sets away, giving you a chance to set up a Substitute in peace.
But Gengar and Infernape seem very similar, to me (or at least with the sets you gave). I'll try it out. I don't think Starmie is that big of a problem, and as you said, Uturn hurts it pretty badly.
For Jirachi, it might not be a bad idea to Scarf it. Though I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that Scarfing a Swampert will be the end of his annoyance. He can Roar on anybody by Gyarados who's Taunt will stop it cold. It would be a slight improvement over the set you're using now, which looks more like a mid-game staller or annoyer at best. Besides Stealth Rock it doesn't seem to be doing much for the team. Quite honestly I don't really understand the point of the standard Jirachi spread since it shoots to outrun Ninjask and Roserade leads without a Scarf, Roserade easily 2HKOing with HP-Fire if Tricked or simply having a Scarfed sleeper for later and Ninjask will obviously Protect turn one and then outrun it with Speed Boost.

The spread I have devised and suggest is thus:

Jirachi@Choice Scarf
Adamant, Serene Grace
108 HP/ 228 Attack/ 172 Speed
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-Turn
The Ev spread looks a bit out there but it's easy to explain. The first thing was to invest into outspeeding Electrode leads so they can be swiftly dealt with by Iron Head or Trick (Scarf Electrode = useless except for a fast, weak Explosion). Noticing one must hit 278 in the speed stat with a Scarf to outrun it, 4 more Speed Ev's were thrown in to outrun Heatran so one could U-Turn out in case they were using it to force a switch then immediately switch out without attacking (if you have kept the Scarf of course). Iron Head and U-Turn get a hefty boost from the Adamant nature and the added bulk will help taking hits later on. The moveset is standard.

PS - I like the set franky.
I will also try the jirachi.

Finally a decent team up and glad to see some decent synergy here. If you want to work around the good old GyraJolt combo, I think I can try to make some suggestions. Teams like this don't enjoy CB Scizor, because it has alot of oppurtunities to use u-turn, and not one will enjoy it. You could try out this version of Gengar to beat and handle Scizor faster and better and help Gyarados as well.
Thanks for the complement.
Gengar
@ Life Orb
Timid Nature (Spe+ / Atk-)
252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe

- Protect
- Hidden Power Fire
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Personally this is one of my favorite Gengar set FIT for this metagame. Gengar has been stopped by Scizor big time and it hinders it sweep. Thankfully, Gengar loves to lure Tyranitar and Scizor, which helps Latias sweep like mentioned. CB Scizor in particular is finished faster.

To get on the set, understand that alot of the times Scizor and Tyranitar will come in on Shadow Ball. And you stand there and wait for prediction. Pursuit or Bullet Punch.. well Protect allows you to scout for what attack it will use. Pursuit helps you use HP fire much more safer, while Bullet Punch allows you to switch-out and help Gyarados come in safely and set up DD much easier. As for Tyranitar, Crunch or Pursuit works in a similar fashion. Although you will need someone to take its attacks and it will be my next suggestion.
I don't think Scizor and Ttar would be coming in on shadow ball that often. I almost always set up a sub first with this gengar. I can see how protect would be more useful if I wanted to hit something on the switch, but I just think Substitute is better in general for my team. Same with TTar, I can just use Focus Blast/Punch once its in and I have the sub up. Plus I don't want to risk Protecting on a Dragon Dance or something like that.

Now that we have Gengar patched up, lets just top this team off with CB Scizor over Vaporeon, and let me explain. Most of what Vaporeon is countering is Latias', the Wish support is rather unnecessary at the moment as you could use a better Pokemon over it. CB Scizor has great synergy with Protect Gengar, it comes in on Crunch from Tyranitar and grabs a free U-turn. What will the U-turn hurt? Usually Gyarados who love to Intimidate it, but still takes a shitload of damage from it. This allows you to bring in Jolteon much easier to get a Sub pass going on here. You feel me? It makes the team facilitate better. Another thing it does is check Salamence, who could be trouble for sure, as Jirachi won't enjoy a +1 Outrage. Thankfully, Scizor has CB bullet Punch to dispose it when its weakened.
I appreciate your suggestion, but I think I would prefer to have Vaporeon in this spot. Its Wishes are very valuable (especially for gyarados). Plus it can easily take down opposing Gyarados itself with HP Electric. While adding CB scizor will give me a great revenge killer, it'll also cause me to lose the peace of mind that Vaporeon gives me. Gyarados is great. But it can't take everything, and that's why Vaporeon is here.
It also checks Dd Tyranitar to a good extent. To sum it up, Scizor's U-turn is a plus 1 for the team as it helps weaken the opponent's team (even resisted) and let the bulky Pokemon finish them faster. If your wondering what the standard set is by now its 248 Hp / 252 Atk / 8 Spe and Bullet Punch / u-turn / Superpower/ Pursuit as standard. Of course, I will advice that you dont use Superpower early, try to use BP and U-turn, and Pursuit to a lesser extent, only trapping Gengar which could be trouble for the team. gl broo
I feel like I'm going from no DD Ttar counters to everything countering it. XD
Scarf Jirachi and Infernape should be enough for one team, I think. Yeah, Scizor weakens the opponents team, but so does everything else, and I think Wish is just a little bit more valuable. Thanks anyway.
Oh, and I'm a girl. Not a 'broo'. XD

So I'm changing Gengar to Infernape and Jirachi to a scarfed version.

edit: Just wanted to say I'm really happy with this team now, it's doing great on Shoddy. Even if I'm not the greatest player. lol But so far I do think Gyarados needs to be changed. He really never gets a chance to set up, even with subs. I think maybe I'll change it to an even bulkier one, Impish or Careful natured.
Also, I haven't faced any TTars yet, but infernape is great at taking out those salamences. =]
Lanturn was a small issue, but I Tricked Jirachi's scarf onto it and switched to Vappy or Jolt depending on the attack it used. But if I already used my Scarf it would have been much harder. So I think I need some kind of grass move.
Magnezone is also an issue, especially if it has a sub up. Nothing can really hit it.

24 hour bump.
Considering replacing HP Electric with Toxic for Vaporeon, to cover Swampert better.
I really wish Infernape learned Trick. lol
I'm also having some problems with taking down latias.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)