OU OU Spring Seasonal - Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opponent missed time, calling activity
The same person who asked me to reschedule to accommodate their late change of plans claims activity on Thursday because I had to leave work late and I was unable to communicate it on time (I made contact as soon as I could, check my wall).
I hope that you will reconsider and decide to actually play the game.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
The same person who asked me to reschedule to accommodate their late change of plans claims activity on Thursday because I had to leave work late and I was unable to communicate it on time (I made contact as soon as I could, check my wall).
I hope that you will reconsider and decide to actually play the game.
I asked 14 hours prior to the scheduled time if we could start a little early or reschedule, but ultimately got ignored, and had to accept my fate and hope the series wouldn't take longer than 30-40 minutes. I had no idea when you were showing up and I decided to post for activity and leave because I was busy like I said I'd be. Playing on Thursday was your idea, so don't blame me for calling activity for a time that you suggested and unfortunately missed. I'll think about rescheduling but posts like these give me a pretty good reason not to.

I asked 14 hours prior to the scheduled time if we could start a little early or reschedule, but ultimately got ignored, and had to accept my fate and hope the series wouldn't take longer than 30-40 minutes. I had no idea when you were showing up and I decided to post for activity and leave because I was busy like I said I'd be. Playing on Thursday was your idea, so don't blame me for calling activity for a time that you suggested and unfortunately missed. I'll think about rescheduling but posts like these give me a pretty good reason not to.
First of all, I didn't ignore you. I simply didn't see your message because you notified me at a time out of my availability range and I happened to have a busier day than usual, which meant I couldn't check the forums every other hour. Otherwise, I would have immediately asked you to reschedule as it's nonsensical to expect to play a bo3 set in a 30 minute window. What would have happened if I was only 10 minutes late and you had no grounds to claim activity and no time to complete the set either? You would have tried to reschedule because there is almost half a week until the deadline and we share availability. This is in fact the reason I picked Thursday and I usually try to avoid Sundays: I don't want my sets to be decided on activity unless I have no other choice. Just off the top off my head, I rescheduled twice during the recent GSC Seasonal despite the fact my opponents missed schedule. So, it really triggers me to see my opponent not show any good faith and immediately call activity the one time I am late for a set. At this point I don't want to play you either, so you can take your hard earned win but at least be honest with yourself and admit that you are a rule shark.

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
First of all, I didn't ignore you. I simply didn't see your message because you notified me at a time out of my availability range and I happened to have a busier day than usual, which meant I couldn't check the forums every other hour. Otherwise, I would have immediately asked you to reschedule as it's nonsensical to expect to play a bo3 set in a 30 minute window. What would have happened if I was only 10 minutes late and you had no grounds to claim activity and no time to complete the set either? You would have tried to reschedule because there is almost half a week until the deadline and we share availability. This is in fact the reason I picked Thursday and I usually try to avoid Sundays: I don't want my sets to be decided on activity unless I have no other choice. Just off the top off my head, I rescheduled twice during the recent GSC Seasonal despite the fact my opponents missed schedule. So, it really triggers me to see my opponent not show any good faith and immediately call activity the one time I am late for a set. At this point I don't want to play you either, so you can take your hard earned win but at least be honest with yourself and admit that you are a rule shark.
This is a poor post. You show no regard for TPP’s time, which you wasted, while you try to impose your own, inconsistent sense of activity justice to pressure him into rescheduling.

The situation is as follows:
- You and TPP agreed upon a time for yesterday
- He found out he had less time than anticipated, so he asked to reschedule. You were away, which is entirely within your right, so you didn’t get back to him prior to the time and the previously agreed upon time is valid.
- He was online at the time and waited the mandatory amount of time while you weren’t at all and didn’t show up for over another hour.
- He rightfully claimed activity after he was online, waiting while you wasted his time when he was limited as is.

You then tried to spin him asking to reschedule against him (despite your lack of response AND him showing up at the scheduled time regardless). He stayed as long as he could when he previously indicated he was on limited time, easily qualifying for activity while you were over an hour late to the time you previously agreed upon. Throughout all of this, you had the gall to attack him for “fishing” when he went out of his way to make the time work and you showed no consideration for his time, which you wasted. It’s not his problem that you didn’t show up, he shouldn’t have to take even more time out of his schedule because you didn’t show up with no warning, and you implying it is while using your own examples doesn’t mean he has the flexibility to do that or needs to make the flexibility to do so.

This is a poor post. You show no regard for TPP’s time, which you wasted, while you try to impose your own, inconsistent sense of activity justice to pressure him into rescheduling.

The situation is as follows:
- You and TPP agreed upon a time for yesterday
- He found out he had less time than anticipated, so he asked to reschedule. You were away, which is entirely within your right, so you didn’t get back to him prior to the time and the previously agreed upon time is valid.
- He was online at the time and waited the mandatory amount of time while you weren’t at all and didn’t show up for over another hour.
- He rightfully claimed activity after he was online, waiting while you wasted his time when he was limited as is.

You then tried to spin him asking to reschedule against him (despite your lack of response AND him showing up at the scheduled time regardless). He stayed as long as he could when he previously indicated he was on limited time, easily qualifying for activity while you were over an hour late to the time you previously agreed upon. Throughout all of this, you had the gall to attack him for “fishing” when he went out of his way to make the time work and you showed no consideration for his time, which you wasted. It’s not his problem that you didn’t show up, he shouldn’t have to take even more time out of his schedule because you didn’t show up with no warning, and you implying it is while using your own examples doesn’t mean he has the flexibility to do that or needs to make the flexibility to do so.
"It's generally encouraged to reschedule, but if you're not able to find a time to play later on in the round and you've done everything right to this point, you'll likely be given the activity win."
This is a quote from the scheduling guidelines thread, so my sense of activity justice is neither personal nor baseless.
Also, the scheduled time was 1pm -5 and I responded to TPP at 1:39 pm to apologize I was late and to try to reschedule (check my wall). I only later realized he had already claimed activity and went on to post here, which probably what made you think I was over an hour late. Not that it makes a difference towards the activity decision, but being ~40mins late is certainly different to being 2+ hours late and it indicates that I actually tried to make the scheduled time. Even though it was out of my control as well (I couldn't use my phone during an urgent discussion with my boss), I am sorry I couldn't communicate my delay so that TPP wouldn't have to wait for me.
I never questioned that TPP has grounds for activity based on the current policy; I only questioned his sportsmanship and I stand by that. An activity claim on Thursday, without any attempt to reschedule, when there is still plenty of time to play and common availability, is unsportsmanlike no matter how you want to twist it and it shows no regard to the time I had spent for this tour prior to this incident. The fact that such a stance is normalized is problematic to me and will definitely make reconsider the time I spend in this community.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
"It's generally encouraged to reschedule, but if you're not able to find a time to play later on in the round and you've done everything right to this point, you'll likely be given the activity win."
This is a quote from the scheduling guidelines thread, so my sense of activity justice is neither personal nor baseless.
Also, the scheduled time was 1pm -5 and I responded to TPP at 1:39 pm to apologize I was late and to try to reschedule (check my wall). I only later realized he had already claimed activity and went on to post here, which probably what made you think I was over an hour late. Not that it makes a difference towards the activity decision, but being ~40mins late is certainly different to being 2+ hours late and it indicates that I actually tried to make the scheduled time. Even though it was out of my control as well (I couldn't use my phone during an urgent discussion with my boss), I am sorry I couldn't communicate my delay so that TPP wouldn't have to wait for me.
I never questioned that TPP has grounds for activity based on the current policy; I only questioned his sportsmanship and I stand by that. An activity claim on Thursday, without any attempt to reschedule, when there is still plenty of time to play and common availability, is unsportsmanlike no matter how you want to twist it and it shows no regard to the time I had spent for this tour prior to this incident. The fact that such a stance is normalized is problematic to me and will definitely make reconsider the time I spend in this community.
Sorry that I misread the hour, but the point is still entirely the same between an hour and forty minutes vs forty minutes when he made his timeline clear as day.

Your quote from the guidelines means absolutely nothing. You calling out his sportsmanship without showing any regard for his time is the issue here. If you can’t see that, that’s not my problem and it’s certainly not his problem.

The fact that you are claiming he is showing no regard for his time is laughable.

Sorry that I misread the hour, but the point is still entirely the same between an hour and forty minutes vs forty minutes when he made his timeline clear as day.

Your quote from the guidelines means absolutely nothing. You calling out his sportsmanship without showing any regard for his time is the issue here. If you can’t see that, that’s not my problem and it’s certainly not his problem.

The fact that you are claiming he is showing no regard for his time is laughable.
I was late because I couldn't leave work at the time I was supposed to and it was impossible to communicate my delay, not because I decided to play another set at the scheduled time. Unfortunately, there's nothing I could have done to not waste his time, but situations like this do come up, which is why you are supposed to at least attempt to reschedule when possible. If the same incident had happened on Sunday, I would have completely understood the claim, but that wasn't the case here and you don't get to choose which part of the guidelines is important and which is not. Anyway, this discussion is getting nowhere, so let's agree to disagree and end it here; have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)