ORAS OU Pangoro Kash (Upgraded/Updated)

Pangoro Kash (take 2)

A few months back, I made this team based arouund Pangoro. It was pretty bad, but my freind Subjagator rated and made my team 10x better.
Sadly, I took a couple month break from pokemon to focus irl more. I want some edits to be made so my favorite team can keep up with the OU meta. So, lets get started!

Pangoro @ Life Orb
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Parting Shot/Ice Punch

Pangoro is the star of the team, he can provide knock-off support and gain momentum with Parting Shot. Gunk Shot is a must-have to nail fairy switch-ins and Superpower is to deal huge damage to anything that dosen't resist it. The EVs are to maximize attack, and it would be useless to add the rest into any other stat than speed. It allows you to outspeed some Azu sets and Mega Sableye after Mega Evolving. (Ice Punch can replace Parting Shot, but is usually not optimal as ice punch dosen't OHKO Def Chomp or Def Lando-T)

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 144 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Venu has almost perfect teamwork with Pangoro, It checks fairies, and Pangoro can check Psychic Types. The EVs are the standard def set, nothing special. I Opted for HP fire to not become setup bait for Bisharp/Scizor.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Becuase my other 2 mons are pretty slow, I wanted a fast Sp. Sweeper that can provide defog support, And who better to fill that role better than LO latios. It also breaks annoying poison types like Amoongus and opposing Mega-Venusaurs. I also opted for HP fire so I could hit the common Scizor and Bisharp switch-in. I can be put in some bad situations with not being able to speed-tie with other Latis and Gengar.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Rotom will always be one of the go-to pivots in the tier, its bulky, provides will-o-wisp support and can grab momentum. It also really helps to have a volt-switch user to trap the Latis and Gengar for TTar to trap or setup rocks on.

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

The EVs look stange, but they really work. It can take Focus Blasts from Gengars and Zard-Ys and retaliate with a deadly pursuit or stone edge. It also sets up rocks for my team, which come in very handy for the switches this team forces.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin/Swords Dance

I needed one more sweeper and noticed I had Lackluster ground and steel coverage. What better pokemon to fit this role than Sand Rush Drill? It also provides more hazard removal and a powerful EQ. It can also run SD to turn into a terrifying wallbreaker.

Conclusion;
I know this team had a few kinks here and there, but im sure you guys will be able to help out a bit. If possible, make the smallest possible changes with the largest impact. If you want a big change. You better give me a BIG reason.
Heres the whole team;

Pangoro @ Life Orb
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Parting Shot

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 144 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

-Thanks

Last edited:
The EVs on Tyranitar ARE strange. There's no point going 128/128 when 252/4 survives Focus Blast 100% of the time anyways as long as rocks aren't up, and gives you considerably more overall bulk. Unless there's some jump point you're hitting here that I'm missing, a simpler 252/252/4 or 248/252/8 spread is ideal. Splitting EVs for no reason is just silly and doesn't benefit you in any way whatsoever.

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Focus Blast vs. 128 HP / 128 SpD Chople Berry Tyranitar: 302-356 (80.9 - 95.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Chople Berry Tyranitar: 338-400 (83.6 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Those EV's on Tyranitar are weird for the reasons said above.128/128 is kinda pointless

You are also going to have problems with fairy types, as only Mega Venasaur and Excadrill are really able to deal with them, and Im counting three fairy weakness, one of which is x4. Just somthing to keep in mind.

Last edited:
The EVs on Tyranitar ARE strange. There's no point going 128/128 when 252/4 survives Focus Blast 100% of the time anyways as long as rocks aren't up, and gives you considerably more overall bulk. Unless there's some jump point you're hitting here that I'm missing, a simpler 252/252/4 or 248/252/8 spread is ideal. Splitting EVs for no reason is just silly and doesn't benefit you in any way whatsoever.

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Focus Blast vs. 128 HP / 128 SpD Chople Berry Tyranitar: 302-356 (80.9 - 95.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Chople Berry Tyranitar: 338-400 (83.6 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
lol, now that I thought about it, and tested it out, there really was no good reason to put those EVs there lol. Thanks for telling me to change that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)