pantheon of pedophiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm still perplexed that multiple people in this thread actually suggested the idea of pre-emptive punishment as a legitimate solution. Sure, statistics point to offenders of certain crimes repeating their behavior more often than not, but can you really justify punishing someone for a crime they MIGHT commit later? Geez, it's a damn good thing you people aren't our legislators...
1) this thread was originally about one specific case of one offender with multiple violent cases, who had been in and out of jail already with no reason to suspect he'd stop. I just want to clarify because my post was pretty harsh and it would not fit in with this thread currently.

2) our legislators are much, MUCH worse than anyone in this thread.

My uncle is a registered sex offender because his
morbidly obese, former stepdaughter accused him of inappropriate contact years after the fact. The only evidence submitted at the trial was her testimony alone, versus his testimony alone. No DNA, no fingerprints, no video footage, no confession, no witnesses. The jury sided with her and he didn't have enough money to pay the his court appointed lawyer to appeal. I have no doubt that he is innocent. Regardless, he is a convicted child molester and a registered sex offender now. That's how easy it is to become a convicted child molester.
Thank you for posting this. This is the biggest reason why I am against Deck's original plan of life without parole for child molesters. Our court system is overwhelmingly stacked against men accused of crimes against women, your uncle is far from alone. For example, "rape shield" laws that allow men's past sexual history to be entered into court records but not the accuser's. Or the complete lack of punishment for people who admit they have falsified rape charges. Innocent until proven guilty is a great thing to have but it is ignored too often. It's one of the major benefits of being gay, I never have to deal with some crazy ex-gf saying I raped her two months after we break up.

I'm sorry. How should I reword the title so it promotes more discussion? I made it that way just because I personally get really upset over these kind of crimes.
LOL, be careful what you wish for around here

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Keep in mind: some hero is the same guy who advocated genocide in Korea because apparently it'd be fun to see Americans go to war. Or something fucking absurd like that, he likes killing
people.

mate let me straighten this out, pedophiles are people too aye
[youtube]0LgQKfjjY9c[/youtube]

like get your head in the game boys
come on

Okay I'm sorry but before I get into my opinion, which agrees with DM, I'd just like to say, hey, I was raped too! Multiple times! By several people! Over years and years! Not every rape victim feels the same way. You're doing a disservice to them as well by lumping them all together in the same group.

Honestly though, killing someone is NEVER the answer. As UD said, how was it possible for him to change his ways? He was in prison for 11 years. That's not the best place to rehabilitate someone. And yes, there are always those stories about people who "find Jesus/God/Whatever" and do a complete 180 in their attitude and their personalities. However, the reason those stories are so interesting is because they are in the minorities. Most people in prison are surrounded by just as bad, if not wors
e, inmates. They pick up bad habits and are in bad surroundings that are not conducive to a recovery. (Like when people are arrested for weed possession, they usually go back to jail for worse crimes. Whereas people who are fined are usually better off). You also have to keep in mind that he MAY have no desire to change due to the fact that if you go to jail in general, but especially for things such as these, its damn near impossible to make something of yourself afterwards. But that's a completely separate issue.
And to clarify. I do NOT support this man, or his actions. However, he clearly needs help, and that's not something he can find behind bars. Its quite sickening how people here are calling for his death. Its really a terrible reflection of the bloodlust and intolerance of people. You don't kill people because they do terrible things. If they do such horrific things, lock them up in a sanitarium, to get treatment and to keep them OFF the streets. In general the whole situation is a mess.
Oh dear god, please don't play the "I was raped so my opinion matters more than yours" card. Why should we pay to keep people like this off the street? What you people lack are the balls to actually do something.

This man stabbed and rapped several small children and gave them AIDS, I would shoot the man myself if I could.

But what do we do? We send him into the political realm and let a bunch of psychological pansies decide his fate and waste our tax dollar money.

There is a reason crimes like these have escalated out of control. It's way too easy for some halfwit to call "rape!" without any evidence and almost impossible to kill off people who need to die.

Life circumstances don't commit crime, people commit crime. The system doesn't create crime, people create crime. Criminals are not victims. They are perpetrators who create victims. To treat the innocent like criminals and criminals like innocents is absurd. People confuse justice and mercy. There must be a just punishment for a crime this severe. I believe that just punishment, should it be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, is death. Mercy in such a case would be to recognize this punishment as just, and then to reduce it based on extenuating circumstances such as the ones mattj alluded to. There should also be a mechanism to punish deliberately false accusations according to the seriousness of the accusation leveled, and a legal remedy to strike any false conviction from the record immediately. The primary flaw in "the system," such as it exists, is in administrators continually pushing to treat the perpetrator of the crime as just another victim of the crime they committed on others. It is the perfect literal example of the inmates running the asylum.
Fixed it for you.

This entire thread makes me think people want to go back into the middle ages were people were hung on the street in public to show a lesson, they weren't given trials or anything, it was "I think this guy is a c
reep, lets string him up tomorrow."

We live in the 21st century for Christ's sake, we have an overall solid and fair justice system. Sure people slip through the cracks, but that should lead to talk of judicial reform to tweak the system not "lets put a bullet in this guy's brain right now." I'm not going to argue this anymore though, hopefully when you grow up you'll realize how stupid that statement is.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
He is insane, ivar, get a clue. Rehabilitation doesn't work on people like this because they need to be in treatment facilities for mental illness probably in a locked ward as his psychosis is severe. Crime punishment should focus on rehabilitating offenders, but some people are crazy and cannot be rehabilitated normally and should have separate routes to rehabilitation/life in mental treatment facilities/whatever.

I support the death penalty for sane people who do such things, i
t is society's way of expressing its outrage over crimes. When a person does certain things they forfeit their right to live. The problem with the death penalty is not that it's wrong to kill someone, that is utter bullshit (if someone makes an argument from moral relativity or social constructionism, i will reverse it on them and make them look foolish). The problem with the death penalty is that our justice system and the laws it claims to uphold are bull shit, there is zero consistency or fairness, the system is irreparably broken. Because of this I agree: the death penalty has no place in the American justice system.

If you combine capitalism and the death penalty, you're going to have a bad time.

He is insane, ivar, get a clue. Rehabilitation doesn't work on people like this because they need to be in treatment facilities for mental illness probably in a locked ward as his psychosis is severe.

I support the death penalty for sane people who do such things, it is society's way of expressing their outrage over crimes. When a person does certain things they forfeit their right to live. The problem of the death penalty is not that it's wrong to kill someone, that is utter bullshit (if someone makes an argument from moral relativity or social constructionism, i will reverse it on them and make them look foolish). The problem with the death penalty is that our justice system and the laws it claims to u
phold are bull shit, there is zero consistency or fairness, the system is irreparably broken. Because of this I agree: the death penalty has no place in the American justice system.
Who cares if they are sane or insane? They die either way.

Myzozoa

Who cares if they are sane or insane? They die either way.
People with certain mental c
onditions (it becomes very difficult to get specific after a certain point) cannot evaluate consequences, empathize, and many other things which have some bearing in determining what justice ought to be. This leads me to believe that justice for people with certain conditions is different for people without those conditions. Nothing is universal, trying to make an essentialized justice system is one reason it's so screwed up in America.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
This entire thread makes me think people want to go back into the middle ages were people were hung on the street in public to show a lesson, they weren't given trials or anything, it was "I think this guy is a creep, lets string him up tomorrow."

We live in the 21st century for Christ's sake, we have an overall solid and fair justice system. Sure people slip through the cracks, but that should lead to talk of judicial reform to tweak the system not "lets put a bullet in this guy's brain right now." I'm not going to argue this anymore though, hopefully when you grow up you'll realize how stupid that statement is.
Yes, of course when we grow up we'll realize how "stupid" the statement is because liberals are so much better than everyone else is! -_-

Also, this country was founded on principles of giving those accused of crimes a fair trial, and no one, not even those farthest to the right of the political spectrum, are going to argue that people shouldn't be given fair trials because there is no common sense in that. However, sometimes, people really are guilty, and while I'd normally argue against the death penalty, some crimes are just so sick that the perpetrators need to be killed because of them. This is one of them. As such, your first sentence is moot

Also, here's a huge problem with the whole system in general: people lie. A lot. They lied in the OJ Simpson murder trial, they lied in various child molestation cases, they lied in several rape cases (anyone ever heard of the Scottsboro boys?), and so many more cases that I think I'd be 40 years old by the time I listed them all. So, why not just have a stricter penalty for perjury? Not death penalty or life sentence, both of those are just going too far for the crime in question. However, I think increasing the amount of time spent in prison for perjury, alongside having no possibility of parole would make some more people think twice before they lie to judges about a rape case or whatever. It's not going to completely eliminate perjury, but the other problems need to be fixed within the jury, judges, and even in the law itself. I know, you're probably thinking this is too "oppressive" or whatever, but you know, I just don't give a fuck.

i think we should all refocus the taxpayer money that goes into dealing w
ith pedophiles on finding a cure for periods so we can smash women all day long who's with me

Myzozoa

i think we should all refocus the taxpayer money that goes into dealing with pedophiles on finding a cure for periods so we can smash women all day long who's with me
Who's scared of the period? O
ld red can't stop me.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
look i edited like the first half of the thread, do
n't make me finish. just edit in your own pedophile pictures please

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Mental handicap honestly should not get people a lighter sentence. The court is meant to keep those unfit for society from interacting with society. If somebody commits a crime due to a mental handicap, then they should get the exact same sentence as someone who does not have one, because they have proven they are not a functional part of society. I don't know many famous American incidents, but in Canada a few years ago, the man involved in this case, who decapitated somebody on a Greyhound because fucking voices in his head told him to, was just simply put into a mental health hospital where he gets all his fucking food, shelter, health care, and other every day needs provided to him at high quality with fucking taxpayer's money, and now they're preparing to reintegrate this person into society with no fucking consequences whatsoever besides media backlash. Not even one fucking day in prison for murder?

To relate it to the topic, whether or not the child molestor is mentally incompetent or not should have no effect on the sentencing. If he's found guilty, put him in prison for as much time as you would put anyone else. If he repeatedly offends, electric chair, not that difficult. People who are a detriment to society should just stay locked up forever, and in some extreme cases like this, better to erase them for good. And this isn't just child molestation either, he used violence against them too. Honestly, how would you feel if your 8 year old child has to walk home by himself each day with creeps like this free to go about as they please in your neighbourhood? Honestly I would be pretty fucking scared and pissed at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)