Para-fusion, attract, flinching

I was just wondering if any annoying sets work for weak stat Pokemon. Like these moves

@Kings Rock
Thunder Wave
Confuse Ray / Swagger
Attract
Heabutt / Zen Headbutt / (flinching move) / filler that doesn't flinch.

I remember Death-Star, I don't know if that still works in D/P, but that thing was annoying and Kangaskhan could do that Para-fusion attraction flinching. Also, Lanturn, and Lapras dide that well too. I always wanted to make a team of this, or a few Pokemon like that.

This strategy is not very popular on shoddy, probably because people dislike being dependent on luck.

But to add on to your list, crobat can be an annoyer as well.

air slash/zen headbutt
attract/substitute
confuse ray/substitute
roost

may work if you have toxic spikes?

Yeah, Togekiss is the king of flinch-hax in OU. It's Serene Grace ability doubles the chance of secondary effects of moves happening, so with an attack like Air Slash, coupled with Thunder Wave, it can be annoying as hell to your opponent.

Note that for flinch to occur, the pokemon inflicting the flinch-inducing attack must be faster than its opponent, meaning something as slow as Dunsparce can't flinch something faster than it, like Garchomp.

who cares if people don't like it, they have no control

i once had a team with:

rock slide/thunder wave tyranitar
zen headbutt/body slam jirachi
thunder wave/air slash togekiss
waterfall/icefang/thunder wave gyarados
thunder wave celebi

all on the same team, it was great. i had no control if i win but it's a i dont give a fuck team so if you win against it, you earned it for not quitting

Attract is bad, it doesn't work against a lot of foes (the genderless and the ones with the same gender).
The idea of a team based on flinching isn't very good, but is possible to make a Para Team with one or two flinchers, something that doesn't kills the sinergy.
Off Topic: I just can't belive that nobody ever came with the idea of swagger chomp with sand veil+Brightpower (comedy set)

Actually I find attract to be somewhat useable if you can fit it in. I mean most people dont bother changing the gender on shoddy meaning if you make your attractor female you have a high chance of being able to para-fuse attract every single member of an opponents team.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Thunderwave
- Attract / Roost
- Swagger / Roost

This seems like the best Pokémon to pull it off, especially with the boosted hax of Serene Grace. I think Bold and the Defense would be better than Calm and the Special Defense, mainly because if they do happen to get a hit off with Swagger up, it'll hurt less. But yea, this would be annoying as hell to face. The nice part is that Pokémon like Blissey don't get much boost out of dodging Attract, since Swagger boosts her pathetic Attack (no importance obviously) and Blissey still has a very low chance of getting anything off.

Roost could be used for enhanced longevity.

Test this togekiss and you will see why it doesn't work really fast.

Yea Kira, good point, but on a sidenote, i change my team gender to fit their name :B

Actually that Togekiss will work great. FlincHax has been around for a while, it's nothing new. Attract/Swagger just adds a bonus of making them have even less of a chance of moving. You just seem to be against the idea of Attract in general with no real argument besides the fact that some Pokémon you encounter will be the same sex.

Swagger is not a bonus, it's something like togekiss doom.
Attract have some uses, but not on togekiss. Roost is really better no metter the scenario, and aura sphere/nastly plot too.

Swagger is not a bonus, it's something like togekiss doom.
Attract have some uses, but not on togekiss. Roost is really better no metter the scenario, and aura sphere/nastly plot too.
You do realize how ridiculous your argument is, don't you? First of all, the point of this thread was to discuss Para-fusion-flinch-attract. I posted a set that I think can pull it off the best. Secondly, how the hell is Swagger not a bonus on Togekiss? Paralyze them, then confuse them (giving them 37.5% chance of attacking), and THEN add on Air Slash, they have a 15% Chance of just attacking.

But according to you, none of that matters. Not at all. I never claimed ONCE that it was better than the standard FlinchKiss, but it is different and can be more effective depending on the situation.

What is the point of making a pokémon worse than before? Swagger is not a bonus.Do you realize how a <physical attacker> will be dangerous after a swagger?
The team that aeroblactyl made just use a lot of para-flinchers, but not even one poké that is worse than usually, he just mixed some pokés but don't made any "laugh at my stupid set" pokémon (maybe Ttar, but he serves to his purpose.)
That not to talk about the EV spread. Do you really think that bold 252 def can reduce the demage done by a 2+attack poké and prevent togekiss death?

Edit: Not to get off topic: Crobat would make a awesome lead to such a team based on paralize/flinch, cause he can stops SR set up, sleep moves, can roost demage and flinch with a fast air slash, and if needed, U-turn or confuse a foe.

What is the point of making a pokémon worse than before? Swagger is not a bonus.Do you realize how a <physical attacker> will be dangerous after a swagger?
Since smart players use Swagger on Physical Sweepers, right? Or would that just be dumb fucks like yourself?
The team that aeroblactyl made just use a lot of para-flinchers, but not even one poké that is worse than usually, he just mixed some pokés but don't made any "laugh at my stupid set" pokémon (maybe Ttar, but he serves to his purpose.)
The thread was made to talk about "Para-fusion-attract-flinch", you fucking moron. So in response, I made a "Para-fusion-attract-flinch" Togekiss, you fucking moron. Did I ever claim that my set was better? No. I said situationally, meaning NOT against a physical attacker, it can be extremely effective in crippling your opponent. But I suppose if you are battling with your IQ, it would be difficult to differentiate between a situational move from a dumb fuck up.
That not to talk about the EV spread. Do you really think that bold 252 def can reduce the demage done by a 2+attack poké and prevent togekiss death?
Well you must be pretty fucking stupid if you can't realize that adding 252 Defense EVs can REDUCE THE "DEMAGE". Do you know anything about ingame mechanics? And if you read my set, I even said both could be used, Calm or Bold.

First you come into the thread saying "Attract is bad", but it hits any Pokémon of the opposite Gender and makes them unable to move 50% of the time. That isn't bad if you ask me. Not to mention all of your comments come from a completely subjective point with zero facts to back it up. Go use the team and show some logs on why it didn't work. OK sweetie? Great.

If you want to abuse hax and go for a luck-based win be my guest. However your chances will be be better using a set that yields more consistent results, unless the Pokemon you are using has very little going for it outside of gimmicks, say Spinda. Spinda pretty much fails at everything, so you might as well try to do something. However if you're wasting time with this using something like Kanghakhan, don't. Kanghaskhan has a variety of offensive and defensive options that would be more productive that para/attract/flinching.

Pulse, attract will work only im oposite gender, right?
And swagger only on non-physical attacks users, right? (btw, the current metagame has more physical than special)
Do you see how this is situational? (so situational that will only work on, let say...30% of the opponents, not exactly but something like that)
Ah, about your "offenses", i'm not going to offend you too, instead, i'm going to contact some mod, cause you know, i don't want to be infracted in a flamewar outside firebot.
And -Cynthia-, this was almost exactly what a i was trying to say, it's just pointless to make a even worse pokémon no mater the situation, and Kanghakhan served perfectly as a example.
Again, i really think that a luck based team with para support and flinchers would work (of course with good pokémon doing what they do better).
And as a last statement, yes, i do know about game-mechanics, but you know, the game isn't only about math. it's about using effective sets and spreads too.

Why would you argue with someone who is trying to further discussion in a thread? This thread is not about the best possible way to win every battle. Its about something very specific. Pulse never even said that the moveset would be better then any other.

Also, an annoyer that also gets whirlwind or roar would be even better since they can phaze out anything they cant handle. With SR and spikes up the damage could add up very quickly.

Personally, I think that it's better to spread 'haxish' moves across the team rather than put them all on one Pokemon. Having a Waterfall here, a Dark Pulse there, an Air Slash over there, and various Thunder Waves and Body Slams placed around would probably work a lot better than just one Pokemon that's given an 'annoyer' set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)