Done Paralysis calculated incorrectly

What type of bug are you reporting? Unsure

What is the bug?
In a random battle, hawlucha has 235 speed, and pachirisu has 234 speed. During a game, hawlucha used close combat (which moves first, cause hawlucha is faster), triggering white herb and thus triggering unburden, followed by pachirisu using nuzzle in the same turn, paralyzing hawlucha. Hawlucha as such has its speed both doubled and halved. The mouseover for hawlucha displayed 235 speed, so I assumed I was faster. However, in the following turn, pachirisu moved first, which means pachirisu is faster or there is a speed tie.

I am unsure if hawlucha was supposed to have 235 speed or, if it was supposed to have 234 speed because of rounding (if paralysis halving occurs before unburden doubling). I am thus unsure whether this bug is a display issue, when mousing over hawlucha during the game, and it should have displayed 234 speed, or if it is a mechanic issue, and hawlucha should have had 235 speed. Either way, there is a clear mismatch between display and what happened in game, so there is a bug happening here in either case.

[Gen 9] Random Battle: Mhao 9885 vs. Kassie - Replays - Pokémon Showdown! (pokemonshowdown.com)
In replays, you can unfortunately not see the mouseover, which makes it hard to showcase the mouseover display mismatch.
Luckily, the bug is easily reproducible.

Are you able to replicate it? If so, how?
Yes, this bug is easily reproducible.

Make a hawlucha like the one in random battles (lvl 80 and 84 in all EV's, with unburden, close combat and a white herb) and battle vs a pachirisu with the random battle set (lvl 95 and 84 in all EV's, with nuzzle)

If hawlucha uses close combat and procs unburden, and pachirisu uses nuzzle, paralyzing the hawlucha, the game displays that hawlucha has 235 speed. However, it speed ties with pachirisu, that has 234 speed. Whether this bug is a display error or a mechanic error, I don't know, but it is clearly a mistake on showdown's part in either case.

Replay of the reproduced bug, showcasing the speed tie.
[Gen 9] Custom Game: Kassie vs. Wrathoftheleopard - Replays - Pokémon Showdown! (pokemonshowdown.com)
Attached you find a screenshot of the display, showcasing the mismatch between the displayed speed, and the actual speed showdown used.
https://flic.kr/p/2pAM4xj BugReport_Showdown | The display shows 235 speed, while it i… | Flickr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)