Announcement passing the torch

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Existing as a shadow isn't terrible. I find it has put a lot of the fun back into mons for me personally. May your other commitments turn out at least as well as want them too.

Tony + Icemaster is in incredible duo. I trust the opinions of you two very much and I don't see that changing.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
You’ve done ubers the biggest service by allowing me to finagle my way into a managing position. My efforts over the next year will be dedicated to you and dream, my fallen comrades. May you rise again like a phoenix, rejuvenated and stronger than ever before.

Was told about this thread and it saddens me a little to see you go. Had a few ups and downs around here that were my fault sometimes but just know you deserve better and you will definitely claim it moving forward.

Just to lessen any sad mood - happy holidays

The Gunner

formerly Enzo Gorlami
is a Tiering Contributor
Can't believe people are spitting on someone whose back is turned and is already out the door. This man was handed sole leadership of Ubers during its darkest timeline with the then incumbent leaders retiring and rampant cheating at every corner. During Nayrz's timeline, we've had a brand new team tournament, new legislations to curb cheating in Ubers tours and most importantly, a fresh negative connotation around cheating in general that is felt by every member in the community. Tony and Ice are fortunate to have been handed control over a tier that in 2020, is finally not a cesspit, simply because of Nayrz's leadership and contributions. I look at the big picture and am thankful that Nayrz signed up for this position, because I know I certainly would not have at the time he did. I think we're at a point where Ubers doesn't need to be 'great again' because it's already great.

We should play Zombies together someday Nayrz, see you on the other side

I can't believe Nayrz is leaving, it just feels weird to me that he isn't going to be on Ubers' Council anymore. I wish you the best of luck for your future endeavors and thanks for contribution to Smogon!

during its darkest timeline with the then incumbent leaders retiring and rampant cheating at every corner.
I did not know about this, could someone fill me in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)