Other Metagames (#PEAK 1) RMT: Trick Room in MnM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

INTRODUCTION

As Sticky Web is the dominant playstyle at the moment in Mix and Mega (not for long :puff:), speed is very important now (that's why kartana diancite is sometime played over the metagrossite set...). I wanted to play against this metagame, that's why i decided to build a TR .

PEAK (My nickname is Florent and my department is the 77 ...)

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS

A MnM team without Magearna isn't a team because it is the best pokemon of the metagame without any doubt.
He is mandatory in TR of OU as like as he's mandatory in TR of MnM.
He has a great bulk, has TR, and an offensive presence. Moreover, with Cameruptite, he's slower and have virtually no counter.
Cameruptite Magearna is an absolute monster ( I'm looking at you Chazm :blobtriumph: )

Another fundamental is Heracrossite Stakataka.
Obviously, he's the slower pokemon of the tier, has TR and a great offensive presence.

I wanted a resistance against ground and a safe setter of TR, so I decide to choose the bulkiest setter of TR: Sablenite Cresselia. Moreover, he has levitation as pre-talent, which is good with the weakness against ground type. It is almost unkillable in one hit and has the really nice Lunar Dance which heal the future abuser.

After that, I wanted a strong setters of SR with high pressure. I think about an Explosion user because it is the best move in the metagame (maybe too strong ?..:mehowth:)
Metagross is slow, has a high attack and a really nice typing Fly/Steel with the evolution.

I realized that my team is really weak against water attacks, so I decide to use a redorb users. Among these, one pokemon is brilliant in TR. It is Victini.
Of course, he has TR and a STAB attack of 180 which nerf his speed, which is perfect for him because he's quite fast for a TR.

Finally, I had trouble against a current pokemon of MnM: PGroudon.
And among these checks, there is a setter of TR: Lunala.
The Zmove set is incredible at the moment and I decided to finish the team with him.
Moreover, thanks to his ability, I can set the TR thanks to his "bulk" at 100%

After some games, I really don't like the presence of Metagross, which is a good lead for SR but not a good lead for a TR team.
I decided to put Diancie because he has TR, SR, good bulk and Explosion.
I choose the pinsirite set to have the possibility to adapt my type.
I notice that I was really weak against ground type, so I decide to put latiosite on my Stakataka.

Sets:

Magearna @ Cameruptite
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

The three attacks benefit of Sheer Force (+30%) and hit very hard more than 90% of the metagame. For example:
252+ SpA Sheer Force Magearna Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD (Manectite) Magearna: 177-208 (48.6 - 57.1%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Sheer Force Magearna Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 96 SpD Groudon-Primal: 169-199 (41.8 - 49.2%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Sheer Force Magearna Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD (Altarianite) Entei: 289-342 (77.8 - 92.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Stakataka @ Latiosite
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Stone Edge
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

The spread and the attacks are classic.

Cresselia (F) @ Sablenite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Lunar Dance
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Moonlight

An other advantage of Cresselia is that nobody can't taunt him, so it can set the TR easier.
I decide to use psychic over ice beam for the STAB. Ice beam is better only for lucarionite Zygarde anyway.

Diancie @ Pinsirite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm

I already explain the first 3 attacks.
For the last attack, I had the choice between DS and Return/Frustration. I prefer the first option to have the possibility to have a boost in defense, to have the ability to hit without the evolution and to have a coverage fly/rock.

Victini @ Red Orb
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Trick Room
- Solar Beam

V-create is the reason to play this set. Bolt Strike is nice to hit water type.
I never use the last attack, so I decided to add solar beam to hit sablenite gastrodon, which is a plague for my team.

Lunala @ Lunalium Z
Ability: Shadow Shield
Happiness: 0
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick Room
- Moongeist Beam
- Moonblast
- Roost

This is the classic set of Lunala. The speed to outspeed Groudon, full speatt and the rest in HP. I use the Zmove because ghost type is amazing atm and this attack can OHKO a lot of pokemon.

I play this team for a tournament, the game is: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-962350432

Lucarionite Zygarde is painful thanks to TA.
SR is painful because Lunala and Victini are hurt by them.
Golisopod is painful because he's slow and slower that Victini+Priority.
Blue Orb Buzzwole is painful because it checks my two physical attackers. I can't break the core BO Buzzwole+Blissey. (Hopefully, atm the SW teams are so strong that nobody uses stall team:blobstop:

CONCLUSION

I didn't play a lot this team after the tournament, because, see my name, it is too offensive for me :facepalm:
I have not play a lot this team (just 84 games lol :bloblul:), so feel free to use it or to criticize it :blobthumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)