SV OU Peaked #2 (2045 ELO) – Hydrapple Stall

Having used this team a bit more I'm still iffy on Hydrapple. I feel like it almost never comes out unless I'm facing a Waterpon. I like having another knock absorber but being forced to immediately tera ice turn one against any Weavile or Meowscarada feels dubious to me...with that being said this team is definitely outstanding, absolutely farms so many offensive structures

Having used this team a bit more I'm still iffy on Hydrapple. I feel like it almost never comes out unless I'm facing a Waterpon. I like having another knock absorber but being forced to immediately tera ice turn one against any Weavile or Meowscarada feels dubious to me...with that being said this team is definitely outstanding, absolutely farms so many offensive structures
I can see why you would be iffy having to spend tera on something like a Weavile or a Meowscarada, but you don't need to tera every time against these mons if they don't have spikes.

Additionally, the thing that allows for Apple not have to necessarily do much is that the standard stall 5 it's built around is already really strong. The only thing you really need with the stall 5 is something for, well, knock off users + spikes. This is where Apple shines because that's really all it needs to do, but it can do even more by being an early-game check for mons like Kingambit.

Overall, if you're building a standard stall structure, your last slot needs to have good anti-hazard stack counterplay, which is what Apple does well. This is worth the tera in my opinion because a lot of hazard stack teams do not have the firepower to force a tera with other mons anyways.

I can see why you would be iffy having to spend tera on something like a Weavile or a Meowscarada, but you don't need to tera every time against these mons if they don't have spikes.

Additionally, the thing that allows for Apple not have to necessarily do much is that the standard stall 5 it's built around is already really strong. The only thing you really need with the stall 5 is something for, well, knock off users + spikes. This is where Apple shines because that's really all it needs to do, but it can do even more by being an early-game check for mons like Kingambit.

Overall, if you're building a standard stall structure, your last slot needs to have good anti-hazard stack counterplay, which is what Apple does well. This is worth the tera in my opinion because a lot of hazard stack teams do not have the firepower to force a tera with other mons anyways.
Yeah I get what you're saying, I've definitely lost with the team because I decided to try to deal with Weavile/Meow without tera-ing the Apple, it just feels like when I DO do that they often pair with something that can now take advantage of the rest of the team like status pult or something now that tera has been exhausted

side note, I ran into an acid spray future sight flamethrower chilly reception G-king yesterday, thank god for tera dark Mola lol

Sorry for double post.
I would like to mention 18 IV Speed in Dondozo as an alternative. This makes him slower and consequently acts sooner than Brave 0 Speed IV Ursaluna under Trick Room. You can use Curse and get some breathing time. In addition to being slower than other Dondozo in mirror matchups and ending up using a potential Struggle/recoil later.
Mono Avalanche is underoptimized against almost everything, but it is an alternative to some Waterpon sets, and Taunt Roaring Moon.

Sorry for double post.
I would like to mention 18 IV Speed in Dondozo as an alternative. This makes him slower and consequently acts sooner than Brave 0 Speed IV Ursaluna under Trick Room. You can use Curse and get some breathing time. In addition to being slower than other Dondozo in mirror matchups and ending up using a potential Struggle/recoil later.
Mono Avalanche is underoptimized against almost everything, but it is an alternative to some Waterpon sets, and Taunt Roaring Moon.
18 IV Speed Dondozo can help for the trick room matchup, but you'd rather be able to outspeed uninvested psyshock Hatterenes. Ursaluna is admittedly scary, but trick room is really rare and you still have good counterplay with curse Dondozo and tera ghost Gliscor anyways. Most Dondozos run liquidation, so you beat the Dondozo long-term if you need to with waterfall, and if you are mono Lanche, none of this really matters because you're moving last for the most part.

Curse Lanche is legit, my version of the team features it as well. The idea is that with curse, you don't really need to kill Kingambit as soon as possible because it can't hurt you anyways and allows you to beat taunt Roaring Moon. Definitely viable and I used it because I really liked toxic on Gliscor, which otherwise would need pjab for taunt Moon.

There’s one random dude I faced with metronome mixed enam. Subbed on gliscor and then superpowered blissey. that just a cteam?
Team has been kinda outdated, but you can beat that with Clodsire. Not sure what else you do because metronome in theory can just beat everything you have, but it isn't likely to. You beat all mixed sets with Clodsire otherwise, even if it carries earth power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)