Pet Mods General Discussion Thread

Hey I have an idea for a pet mod - I don't quite have the 20 posts to submit it tho

Itemized (Needs a Better Name)

Essentially the idea of this pet mod is to give a signature item to every evolutionary line, no matter how long it is. These items would be like Thick Club or Stick, providing some sort of bonus to the Pokemon that wields them as long as it is of the right evolutionary line

What these items could do:
  • Increase stats (like Thick Club does)
  • Buff moves (increasing damage, increasing secondary effect chance, accuracy, etc.)
  • Increase accuracy
  • Provide resistances to certain types
  • Provide more synergy with certain abilities (can only be done if all Pokemon in the evolutionary line share that ability - for example, for the Diglett/Dugtrio line, increasing accuracy in a sandstorm to couple with the increased damage from Sand Force or increased evasion from Sand Veil
  • Anything else?
What this items wouldn't do
  • Add abilities or moves
  • Create new immunities
  • Imitate abilities (No infringing on Power Items)
  • Increase evasion (willing to change this one)
  • Add alternate forms
  • Alter typings (willing to change this one)
  • Anything else?
Questions:
Should the items be restricted to particular Pokemon and not the whole line?
Anything on the above lists I should change?
Any questions for me?

Hey I have an idea for a pet mod - I don't quite have the 20 posts to submit it tho

Itemized (Needs a Better Name)

Essentially the idea of this pet mod is to give a signature item to every evolutionary line, no matter how long it is. These items would be like Thick Club or Stick, providing some sort of bonus to the Pokemon that wields them as long as it is of the right evolutionary line

What these items could do:
  • Increase stats (like Thick Club does)
  • Buff moves (increasing damage, increasing secondary effect chance, accuracy, etc.)
  • Increase accuracy
  • Provide resistances to certain types
  • Provide more synergy with certain abilities (can only be done if all Pokemon in the evolutionary line share that ability - for example, for the Diglett/Dugtrio line, increasing accuracy in a sandstorm to couple with the increased damage from Sand Force or increased evasion from Sand Veil
  • Anything else?
What this items wouldn't do
  • Add abilities or moves
  • Create new immunities
  • Imitate abilities (No infringing on Power Items)
  • Increase evasion (willing to change this one)
  • Add alternate forms
  • Alter typings (willing to change this one)
  • Anything else?
Questions:
Should the items be restricted to particular Pokemon and not the whole line?
Anything on the above lists I should change?
Any questions for me?
Hey so I’m planning to submit this sometime tomorrow so it would be great to get some feedback (especially some name ideas) before then.

I like that idea and we haven't had an item-based Pet Mod in awhile (not counting Z-Moves Everywhere and Megas for All since they add moves and forms)
Should the items be restricted to particular Pokemon?
Not unless It's a split evolution or Alolan form (i.e. Gardevoir and Kirlia share an item but Gardevoir and Gallade don't). Alolan forms could go on a case by case basis though.

I like the idea. I think that evolution lines should use the same item. Maybe allow optional extras for split lines and Alolan forms in submissions? I mean, Thick Club works well for both Alolan and Kantonese Marrowak, but other Alolan forms often have a different role from their Kantonese counterparts.

How about Personal Effects for the name as a bit of a pun? (ie. personal items with personalised effects)

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Global Chatroom. Like how Other Metagames have their own chat that anyone can join. Same with Lobby, Wifi and other chat rooms
in this case, just a private group chat, as i don't think we are quite ready for our own Gpublic chat. But yes, if support can be gathered, we can have our own little spot on Showdown to chill talk and discuss pet mods!

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
While tours would likely not be possible in a pet mods groupchat, I personally think it would be a great place to toss around ideas for the various pet mods and workshop stuff in ways not really efficient to do in-chat. I would be happy to host as well, although if someone else more integrated into the Pet Mods community wants to / is able to that would probably be a better idea.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball

well, this is useful...
This groupchat, as with any other groupchat, dies after 40 minutes of inactivity. Setting up bots to keep it alive is against Showdown rules.

I have resurrected the groupchat (same link), but I fully expect it to die while I'm offline. My hope is that eventually it gets to the point where my presence isn't the only thing that keeps it alive, but that's more up to the lovely Pet Mod community than it is to me.

Side note: I may be hosting this groupchat, but I am fully aware that I am inexperienced in Pet Mods. If I am consistently the only one driving any conversation I will simply allow the chat to die, because that would be pointless. So if everyone above who said they wanted a groupchat actually wants that chat, come and contribute so we can get an active comunity going ^_^

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
This groupchat, as with any other groupchat, dies after 40 minutes of inactivity. Setting up bots to keep it alive is against Showdown rules.

I have resurrected the groupchat (same link), but I fully expect it to die while I'm offline. My hope is that eventually it gets to the point where my presence isn't the only thing that keeps it alive, but that's more up to the lovely Pet Mod community than it is to me.

Side note: I may be hosting this groupchat, but I am fully aware that I am inexperienced in Pet Mods. If I am consistently the only one driving any conversation I will simply allow the chat to die, because that would be pointless. So if everyone above who said they wanted a groupchat actually wants that chat, come and contribute so we can get an active comunity going ^_^
This chat has consistently been dead. I will resurrect it for now on request, but I don't plan on keeping it up if there's no consistent conversation going on. If you guys want a groupchat, you need to figure out how you can use it effectively, and what it can do that can't be done as effectively on the forums.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)