Pikachu's Shocking Tail (A Warstory)

Welcome Pokémon fans! Pummelo Stadium is pulsing with excitement as we get set for the first Orange League competition of the season!

Ahem. So, a warstory with a twist! (Which has been seen before... thanks for the inspiration!) I'm using Ash's Orange League winning team. I must say, this team is really fun to use. Though, I did change the movesets. (Seismic Toss on Charizard?) This is just a standard match on PO's OU ladder, but it turned out pretty fun, and I get to showcase Ash's whole team. Don't expect to see anything too cataclysmic and indicative of the state of OU... Though maybe it serves as a reminder of how underused Pokémon can make an impact in higher tiers.

In case you've forgotten, here's my team:

Battle between Gameshark744 and Showsni started!

Tier: OverUsed
Variation: +14, -17
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: Evasion Clause
Rule: OHKO Clause
Rule: Species Clause

Showsni sent out Pikachu!
Gameshark744 sent out Metagross!

100% - 100%

Pikachu! I'm gonna start off with you, okay?

So, lead Pikachu squares off against lead Metagross. It'll most likely Stealth Rock, with a chance of Earthquake; in either case, Pikachu outspeeds and can freely get a sub. I might have problems if it Tricks a Scarf onto me, but I'm going to guess this is a typical lead Metagross. I really love the little electric mouse. It might have paper thin defences, but Light Ball makes it a true offensive threat; and a speedy Encore is a plus on any Pokémon. It can usually go toe to toe with OU's finest and do some damage. I love catching Dragonite off guard and outspeeding then OHKOing with HP Ice, though of course Extremespeed (the sensible option) finishes that strategy off.

Leftovers/Black Sludge message removed after the first time for each Pokémon

Start of turn 1
Gameshark744 called Metagross back!
Gameshark744 sent out Zapdos!

The foe's Zapdos is exerting its Pressure!
Pikachu used Substitute!
Pikachu made a substitute!

75% - 100%

Hm, and we get a switch to Zapdos! Not was I was expecting, but it works out fine. Time to do some damage! I can either Thunderbolt or HP Ice. Not quite sure why he didn't stay in here (though, that would have been exactly what I want with either SR or EQ, so I guess it was a good choice). Presumably this Zapdos is bulky enough to take some hits...

Start of turn 2
Pikachu used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Zapdos lost 48% of its health!

The foe's Zapdos used Heat Wave!
Pikachu's substitute faded!

The foe's Zapdos restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

75% - 58%

HP Ice does nearly half damage, but Zapdos breaks my sub. Of course, Thunderbolt would actually do more damage than HP Ice, but I didn't want to be caught out by a switch to a Ground type, and the 2.5 extra power shouldn't make much difference. Well, I can leave Zapdos nearly dead now and easily revengable...

Start of turn 3
It's super effective!
The foe's Zapdos lost 52% of its health!

The foe's Zapdos used Roost!
The foe's Zapdos landed on the ground!
The foe's Zapdos regained health!

75% - 62%

Or I might not have to! Time to force the bird out!

Start of turn 4
Pikachu used Encore!
The foe's Zapdos received an encore!

The foe's Zapdos used Roost!
The foe's Zapdos landed on the ground!
The foe's Zapdos regained health!

75% - 100%

Start of turn 5
Gameshark744 called Zapdos back!
Gameshark744 sent out Infernape!

Pikachu used Substitute!

50% - 100%

So, I get a free sub, and get to see some more of his team; for the price of letting Zapdos heal itself. I think it's pretty safe to assume his team has no Ground types now, as given two oppurtunities to switch into Pikachu he hasn't chosen one. Encore is a really great move in Gen IV, lasting for ages and pretty much neutering anything that gets hit by it. Though if he had stayed in there I couldn't do anything but Thunderbolt until I got a crit. Well, may as well do as much damage as I can now; and if I'm lucky, I can paralyse it.

Start of turn 6
The foe's Infernape used Earthquake!
It's super effective!

Pikachu used Thunderbolt!
The foe's Infernape lost 84% of its health!

50% - 16%

Earthquake on Infernape? Well, it's a good move, but doesn't really give that much more coverage for the monkey. Hm, no Life Orb damage... Looks like it's choiced. Then, this is a pretty safe switch; even if it's not choiced, the only move it fears is Stone Edge.

Start of turn 7
Showsni called Pikachu back!
Showsni sent out Charizard!

The foe's Infernape used Earthquake!
It had no effect!

100% - 16%

And he'll be forced to switch, letting me get my Bellydrum all set up! Perfect! Most of my wins tend to be from a Bellyzard sweep; Pikachu makes a great tag team for that, Encoring Earthquakes (though this time, I don't need to). If you haven't seen Bellyzard before, it's a pretty simple idea - switch in on something you force out (in this case, choice locked Earthquake), Substitute on the switch, Belly Drum as they break the sub, activating Blaze and your Salac Berry, then go to town. It can be handily beaten by a number of things, but if your opponent doesn't have one of them it can sweep right through teams.

Start of turn 8
Gameshark744 called Infernape back!
Gameshark744 sent out Suicune!

The foe's Suicune is exerting its Pressure!
Charizard used Substitute!
Charizard made a substitute!

75% - 100%

Meh. Or not a Bellyzard sweep. Suicune is usually bulky enough to survive even +6 Earthquake; and, even worse, it might know Roar. (The other good counters for Bellyzard being decent priority or faster scarf users.) Well, I didn't come all the way to the Orange League to not take chances!

Start of turn 9
Charizard used Belly Drum!
Charizard's Attack sharply rose!
Charizard cut its own HP and maximized its Attack!
Charizard ate its Salac Berry!
The Salac Berry raised Charizard's Speed!

The foe's Suicune used Roar!
Squirtle was dragged out!

100% - 100%

Worst case scenario realised! Nuts. Squirtle can't do a thing to Suicune. It's mostly just for utility; Rapid Spin takes care of entry hazards, Aqua Jet picks off weakened foes, and Brick Break smashes screens. I have had a match or two which it's won for me, and its always great at picking off near dead foes; but it is usually the least valuable team member.

Start of turn 10
The foe's Suicune used Toxic!
Squirtle was badly poisoned!

Squirtle used Brick Break!
The foe's Suicune lost 9% of its health!

The foe's Suicune restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Squirtle is hurt by poison!

94% - 97%

Yeah, not going to win this one. But Toxic is an odd choice. I'd have thought he'd take the chance to get a few free Calm Minds, or smack me with HP electric. I really shouldn't have left Squirtle in, but luckily it ended up not hurting me much.

Start of turn 11
Showsni called Squirtle back!
Showsni sent out Bulbasaur!

The foe's Suicune used Calm Mind!
The foe's Suicune's Sp. Att. rose!
The foe's Suicune's Sp. Def. rose!

100% - 100%

And there are the Calm Minds. So, Suicune knows Calm Mind, Toxic and Roar... Wait. I can't imagine it not knowing Surf. No Ice Beam! Ha, Bulbasaur completely walls it. I'm running max special defence and min speed with a sassy nature, with Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Leaf Storm and Sludge Bomb, and it usually works pretty well. Sleeping something and then seeding something else is great, and it absorbs Toxic Spikes like a pro. Say night night, Suicune!

Start of turn 12
Bulbasaur used Sleep Powder!
The attack of Bulbasaur missed!

The foe's Suicune used Roar!
Tauros was dragged out!
Tauros intimidates the foe's Suicune!
The foe's Suicune's Attack fell!

100% - 100%

Or you could do that. Now, here I make a pretty big misplay. We've seen Bulbasaur walls Suicune. And it can't miss forever with Sleep Powder. So I really should switch straight back to Bulbasaur. Instead, I let Tauros battle it out... Not quite sure what I was thinking here.

Start of turn 13
Tauros used Return!
The foe's Suicune lost 36% of its health!

The foe's Suicune used Toxic!
Tauros was badly poisoned!

Tauros is hurt by poison!

84% - 70%

Start of turn 14
Tauros used Return!
The foe's Suicune lost 38% of its health!

The foe's Suicune used Calm Mind!
The foe's Suicune's Sp. Att. rose!
The foe's Suicune's Sp. Def. rose!

Tauros is hurt by poison!

61% - 38%

Start of turn 15
Tauros used Return!
The foe's Suicune lost 37% of its health!

The foe's Suicune used Surf!
Tauros lost 151 HP! (51% of its health)
Tauros fainted!

0% - 6%

Showsni 5-6 Gameshark

Well, hindsight is twenty twenty, as they say. Sorry Tauros. But you did at least bring it down to easily KOable range. If only that first or last hit had rolled half a percent higher... Tauros is a pretty typical Life Orb set; Stone Edge, Earthquake, Zen Headbutt, Return. I really like it, generally. Intimidate helps a lot against physical foes and its surprisingly fast and powerful. People often don't seem to realise its speed - the number of Infernapes that stay in just to get Earthquaked to death... It speed ties with Gengar. That's pretty fast! (It's actually one of my best things to use against Gengar, speed tieing for the hit, then OHKOing with Zen Headbutt. So long as it isn't KOed itself by Focus Blast.)

Start of turn 16
It's super effective!
The foe's Suicune lost 6% of its health!
The foe's Suicune fainted!

50% - 0%

Showsni 5-5 Gameshark

Pikachu notches a kill! Now, who'll be coming out?

Of course; the probably choiced Infernape. I don't think he wants to get stuck on Earthquake, though, as I could easily switch in Charizard. So... U-Turn? In which case, once again Charizard. Well, it's unable to Belly Drum anymore (save one rare situation), so it's probably my best death fodder anyway. All signs say switch to Charizard!

Start of turn 17
Showsni sent out Charizard!

The foe's Infernape used U-turn!
It's not very effective...
Charizard lost 33 HP! (11% of its health)
Gameshark744 called Infernape back!

13% - 100%

Well, nothing else wants to take a Thunderbolt, except Bulbasaur. Sorry, Charizard... time to go out in a Blaze of glory. (Get it? Blaze?)

Start of turn 18
Charizard used Fire Punch!
The foe's Zapdos lost 37% of its health!

The foe's Zapdos used Discharge!
It's super effective!
Charizard lost 41 HP! (13% of its health)
Charizard fainted!

0% - 69%

Showsni 4-5 Gameshark

Blaze boosted Fire Punch does some damage before the inevitable conclusion. Okay, Discharge/Heat Wave/Roost... And Hidden Power? Or T-Wave? Pikachu's faster, but we've already seen it can't quite two hit KO. Lapras and Squirtle dislike electric moves. Then, the choice has to be...

Start of turn 19
It's super effective!
Bulbasaur lost 176 HP! (59% of its health)

The foe's Zapdos fell asleep!

41% - 75%

Heh, Bulbasaur can easily take a non STAB Heat Wave. Bulbasaur's actually carrying a Zoom Lens; so Sleep Powder, when going second, has 90% accuracy. Suicune just had to be annoying and Roar to negate my Zoom Lens with negative priority. Zoom Lens is also why I'm running min speed on Bulbasaur; not that it can outspeed much, anyway. It also lets it be more useful if they set up Trick Room. Anyway, either it'll switch or stay in; either way, something's going to eat...

Start of turn 20
The foe's Zapdos is fast asleep!

Bulbasaur used Leech Seed!
The foe's Zapdos was seeded!

The foe's Zapdos's health is sapped by leech seed.

57% - 69%

Leech seed! Also my only move that can occasinally give Bellyzard a second chance. Zapdos stayed in, so he's playing the wait and see if I wake up game, I guess. Bulbasaur can't do much damage with the rest of its moves, so I'll give Pikachu some healing.

Start of turn 21
Showsni called Bulbasaur back!

The foe's Zapdos is fast asleep!

71% - 62%

Start of turn 22
Pikachu used Substitute!

The foe's Zapdos woke up!

67% - 55%

Meh, only a two turn sleep is a little annoying. Still, I'm gaining enough health back from Leech Seed that I can Sub up until it's forced to Roost, then I can Encore it and get a free sub...

Start of turn 23
Pikachu used Substitute!

62% - 48%

Now, I could just kill Zapdos, but I decide not to, in order to keep my substitute intact for his next Pokémon.

Start of turn 24
Pikachu used Substitute!

58% - 42%

Start of turn 25
Gameshark744 called Zapdos back!
Gameshark744 sent out Metagross!

Pikachu used Substitute!

33% - 100%

Or he might get fed up and switch out. Well, Pikachu behind a substitute, we've already deduced he probably has no Ground types, this is a no brainer.

Start of turn 26
The foe's Metagross lost 71% of its health!
The foe's Metagross is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The foe's Metagross used Earthquake!
It's super effective!

The foe's Metagross restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

33% - 29%

And the paralysis hax strikes! Completely pointlessly, since I'm faster anyway.

Start of turn 27
The foe's Metagross lost 34% of its health!
The foe's Metagross fainted!

Gameshark744 sent out Azelf!

33% - 100%

Showsni 4-4 Gameshark

Man, I hate fighting Azelf. Also, three legendaries and a psuedo in one match! This would never happen in the anime! Pyschic types that know Pyschic can rip this team apart. My best bet is probably...

Start of turn 28
Showsni sent out Lapras!

The foe's Azelf used Psychic!
Lapras lost 237 HP! (52% of its health)

Lapras restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

54% - 90%

Eesh. Life Orbed Psychic does a lot. Lapras probably won't win this one, which is a shame. When a Bellyzard sweep fails, Tauros and Lapras are usually my star players; but this time, looks like they'll only be taking down one opponent each. I really love Lapras. Its bulky enough to take a lot of punishment, and can dish out some hurt with its attacks too. I'm running a pretty simple BoltBeam, Surf, Toxic set. It's just generally awesome... For example, in one match it switched in on Dragon Dancing Gyarados, survived a critical hit Earthquake from the +1 Gyarados, and OHKOed with Thunderbolt.

Start of turn 29
Lapras lost 232 HP! (51% of its health)

Lapras used Ice Beam!
The foe's Azelf lost 56% of its health!

9% - 23%

Ice Beam to hope for the freeze hax. It happens sometimes!

Start of turn 30
Lapras lost 36 HP! (8% of its health)
Lapras fainted!

0% - 13%

Showsni 3-4 Gameshark

Well, what with the Life Orb recoil damage, it should be easy to pick Azelf off.

Showsni sent out Squirtle!

Start of turn 31
Squirtle used Aqua Jet!
A critical hit!
The foe's Azelf lost 13% of its health!
The foe's Azelf fainted!

Squirtle restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Squirtle is hurt by poison!
Gameshark744 sent out Tentacruel!

88% - 100%

Showsni 3-3 Gameshark

I don't think that crit was necessary... Squirtle does have attack EVs, I think. Hm, Squirtle can't touch Tentacruel. And his Infernape is within Aqua Jet range. So, all I have to do is beat this squid and the thunderbird without letting Squirtle die and I win! Tentacruel are usually pretty bulky, but Bulbasaur should resist most of its attacks.

Start of turn 32
Showsni called Squirtle back!

The foe's Tentacruel used Toxic!
But it failed!

57% - 100%

Failed indeed! What an odd move, though. With Squirtle already poisoned and Bulbasaur immune, I can only assume he was trying to catch Pikachu on the switch in; but Surf would probably be much better... Perhaps he doesn't carry it? Oh well.

Start of turn 33
The foe's Tentacruel used Sludge Bomb!
Bulbasaur lost 78 HP! (26% of its health)

The foe's Tentacruel fell asleep!

31% - 100%

I suppose we can guess Tentacruel's set now - Toxic/Sludge Bomb/Surf/Rapid Spin, would be my assumption. In any case, not much to hurt Bulbasaur! Time to get some free healing!

Start of turn 34
The foe's Tentacruel is fast asleep!

Bulbasaur used Leech Seed!
The foe's Tentacruel was seeded!

Oh, wait, Liquid Ooze! Undo! Undo!

The foe's Tentacruel's health is sapped by leech seed.

46% - 88%

Clear Body Tentacruel. Phew. Well, Bulbasaur's attacks won't be doing that much damage, as Tentacruel is pretty specially defensive usually. A little risky, but its unlikely to wake up straight away.

Start of turn 35
Showsni called Bulbasaur back!

The foe's Tentacruel woke up!
The foe's Tentacruel used Rapid Spin!
Pikachu lost 26 HP! (12% of its health)
The foe's Tentacruel blew away Leech Seed!
Pikachu's Static activates!
The foe's Tentacruel is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The foe's Tentacruel restored a little HP using its Black Sludge!

21% - 93%

Even when Pikachu isn't just killing everything it paralyses with Static. :) But that one turn sleep was annoying; and rapid spin removes leech seed.

Start of turn 36
It's super effective!
The foe's Tentacruel lost 67% of its health!

The foe's Tentacruel is paralyzed! It can't move!

The foe's Tentacruel restored a little HP using its Black Sludge!

21% - 32%

And Static immediately shows its worth... On the face of it, that went really well; Tentacruel and Zapdos are now KOed by Pikachu before they can hit back, and Infernape by Squirtle. I've won, to all intents and purposes. But, in reality, that was a terrible misplay. Without the full paralysis, Pikachu would probably have been KOed, leaving Bulbasaur and Squirtle with a much harder task... I really should have gone back to Bulbasaur. So, just got a few more things to clear up now.

Start of turn 37
It's super effective!
The foe's Tentacruel lost 32% of its health!
The foe's Tentacruel fainted!

21% - 0%

Showsni 3-2 Gameshark

Another victory for Pikachu.

Start of turn 38
It's super effective!
The foe's Zapdos lost 42% of its health!
The foe's Zapdos fainted!

21% - 0%

Showsni 3-1 Gameshark

And another.

Well, little buddy, sorry but... the safest thing to do is let you die. Sorry.

Start of turn 39
The foe's Infernape used Flare Blitz!
Pikachu lost 45 HP! (21% of its health)
Pikachu fainted!
The foe's Infernape is hit with recoil!

0% - 10%

Showsni 2-1 Gameshark

Showsni sent out Squirtle!

Gameshark744: my lord
Gameshark744: i lost to tou
Gameshark744: lol

Start of turn 40
Squirtle used Aqua Jet!
It's super effective!
The foe's Infernape lost 10% of its health!
The foe's Infernape fainted!

88% - 0%

Showsni 2-0 Gameshark

Showsni won the battle!
Showsni: Good game!
Gameshark744: gg
Showsni: gg

Not the closest of finishes in the end; but I can count myself lucky Tentacruel was fully paralysed. Still, a pretty fun match. Here's Gameshark's team:

Round up time!

Pikachu!

Awesome little Pokémon, and probably the star player of the match. Capable of massive annoyance with Encore and dishing out serious hurt with its Light Ball. It finished off a lot of the enemy, and managed to survive until almost the end.
Total damage dealt: 437% KOs: 4 (Suicune, Metagross, Tentacruel, Zapdos) Assists: 1 (Infernape)

Charizard!

Thwarted in its attempts to set up by Suicine, Charizard really had the sting taken out of its tail. Winner of most of my matches, but a real non starter today. Should have stuck with Seismic Toss spam...
Total damage dealt: 37% KOs: 0 Assists: 1 (Zapdos)

Bulbasaur!

Good team player as always, spreading around sleep and leech seeds. Unable to equal some of its past performances today (going one on one with Celebi and winning, for instance), but a true help as always. Possibly could have been used better against Ice Beam less Suicune.
Total damage dealt: 75% KOs: 0 Assists: 2 (Zapdos, Tentacruel)

Tauros!

Somewhat squandered; the true power of the wild bull Pokémon not seen today. Still managed to pretty much finish off Suicune, though.
Total damage dealt: 111% KOs: 0 Assists: 1 (Suicune)

Squirtle!

Did great work in finishing off weakened foes, and his Aqua Jet ensured I had the match in hand. Didn't need to put his spinning services to use today, but a good days work for the tiny turtle.
Total damage dealt: 32% KOs: 2 (Azelf, Infernape) Assists: 1 (Suicune)

Lapras!

Like Tauros, we didn't see what it's really capable of today; though it still managed to practically finish off Azelf alone, making its powerful attacks still only a 3HKO against the lovely Lapras
Total damage dealt: 56% KOs: 0 Assists: 1 (Azelf)

So, the MVP: Pikachu! And a place in the Hall of Fame!

So, that's the team; as I say, I really love using it. It does take a fair amount of practice to overcome the challenge of using Squirtle and Bulbasaur in OU, but whenever you get a win it's really rewarding.

And, for today only - a free, bonus warstory using the same team! (Well, it's more of a straight log than a warstory. There's not much to write about it.)
Battle between Hot-as-Ice and Showsni started!

Tier: OverUsed
Variation: +9, -22
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: Evasion Clause
Rule: OHKO Clause
Rule: Species Clause

Hot-as-Ice sent out Skarmory!

Start of turn 1
It's super effective!
The foe's Skarmory lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Skarmory fainted!

Hot-as-Ice: damn
Hot-as-Ice sent out Dragonite!

Start of turn 2
It's super effective!
The foe's Dragonite lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Dragonite fainted!

Hot-as-Ice sent out Celebi!

Start of turn 3
Pikachu used Substitute!

The foe's Celebi used Calm Mind!
The foe's Celebi's Sp. Att. rose!
The foe's Celebi's Sp. Def. rose!

Start of turn 4

Pikachu used Encore!
The foe's Celebi received an encore!

Start of turn 5
It's super effective!
The foe's Celebi lost 21% of its health!

The foe's Celebi restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 6
It's super effective!
The foe's Celebi lost 18% of its health!

Start of turn 7

It's super effective!
The foe's Celebi lost 12% of its health!

Start of turn 8

It's super effective!
A critical hit!
The foe's Celebi lost 66% of its health!
The foe's Celebi fainted!

Hot-as-Ice sent out Dusknoir!

The foe's Dusknoir is exerting its Pressure!

Start of turn 9
The foe's Dusknoir lost 39% of its health!

The foe's Dusknoir used Destiny Bond!
The foe's Dusknoir is trying to take its foe with it!

The foe's Dusknoir restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 10
The foe's Dusknoir lost 40% of its health!

The foe's Dusknoir used Pain Split!
Pikachu's substitute blocked Pain Split!

Start of turn 11
Pikachu used Encore!
The foe's Dusknoir received an encore!

The foe's Dusknoir used Pain Split!
Pikachu's substitute blocked Pain Split!

Start of turn 12
Hot-as-Ice called Dusknoir back!
Hot-as-Ice sent out Suicune!

The foe's Suicune is exerting its Pressure!
It's super effective!
The foe's Suicune lost 75% of its health!

The foe's Suicune restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 13
It's super effective!
The foe's Suicune lost 30% of its health!
The foe's Suicune fainted!

Hot-as-Ice: i hate that thing
Hot-as-Ice sent out Togekiss!

Start of turn 14
It's super effective!
The foe's Togekiss lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Togekiss fainted!

Hot-as-Ice sent out Dusknoir!

The foe's Dusknoir is exerting its Pressure!

Start of turn 15
The foe's Dusknoir lost 38% of its health!
The foe's Dusknoir fainted!
Showsni: gg

Showsni won the battle!
Showsni: Good game!
Hot-as-Ice: You just got lucky.
Hot-as-Ice: gg
Showsni: XD

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Great warstory. I'm always a sucker for themed teams, and kudos to you for beating a decent OU team with Ash's from the anime. It was even a good battle (unlike that second one. lol. How embarrassing). 9/10

Love the theme and love the commentary. Maybe not the greatest of all battles (non-Liquid Ooze Tenta?) but one of the best of the recent stories.

Great job: 9/10!!!

Wow. Yeah, it is a bit haxy and the coments could of been a smidge bigger, but otherwise one of the best theme team warstorys I've seen, no wait, one of the best warstorys in general i've seen! Like the work of ChouTosho himself. Awesome job!

9.5/10

Okay, i loved the formatting as i remember watching the ep as a kid (and going WTF???!!! at every single Orange Island Gym and Gym Leader), but the opponent was terrible.

Honestly, losing to a Bulbasaur and a Squirtle? I'm sorry, but like you yourself said, 3 legends and a pseudo. Got owned by a team with two basics. That shows a lot of misplays.

I'll admit i do like Pikachu, but i still think that your opponent could have done much better. Any ground type would have stopped your win easily, especially if it was Water/Ground, like Swampert, who would only really have to worry about Bulbasaur, and that's not a big worry. You need better teams to play against, dude. Seriously.

Excellent themed warstory. The presentation was awesome, the comments were well-thought out, and the battle was very fun to read.

Nice job. :)

Rating: 9.5/10

I like themed warstories, and this is one of the hardest-to-win-wth teams I have seen so far (at least, that is what I think). Aside from some luck (but the n again, luck plays an important factor in Pokémon), it was a very good battle.

Also, lol at the bonus.

Also, three legendaries and a psuedo in one match! This would never happen in the anime!
Well, not quite three legends and a pseudo, but the anime has come pretty close.

Other than that, an entertaining change of pace for a warstory.

Kind of like a fun sized candy bar.

One of the best War-Stories I have read in quite a while.
Excellent presentation.

While your opponent made more than a few critical errors (some you even pointed out) and you got fairly lucky a few times you played very well considering.

Themed teams always have some inherent drawbacks but they make damn fine reads.

8.75/10

I liked this. You proved that strategy trumps power. Ash, though, relies on a ton of luck.

Not sure what your opponent was thinking in the second battle. 5/6 of his team was weak to Electric and Ice haha.

This just made my day.

Bulbasaur for the fucking win. 56% on a Zapdos Heat Wave?

Pikachu was sweet as well.

This was a very enjoyable warstory.

I love love love LOVE themed teams. And you know what I love even more than that? WARSTORIES with themed teams in them.

9/10
+

I usually don't finish war stories. i loved every minute of this one. Your opponent was kind of bad (EQ Infernape...?) But you put your themed team to pretty good use.

awesome

Props on writing an entertaining story using a themed team! Your opponent was pretty bad and some hax on both sides (full para, 1 turn sleep) but I didn't find that it took away fromt he story. Great job, 9/10. =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)