Platinum Battle Tower, here I come!

I admit that I haven't even beaten the Elite 4 in Platinum and this team has never been tested, but before I go through the trouble of actually obtaining these, I thought putting this up here on Smogon might be useful.

The team at a Glance:

This is obviously a very offensive team. The sole purpose of this team is to completely destroy the enemy before they have a chance to respond.

Am more detailed look:

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance
-Fire Fang

While in a 6 vs 6 battle, Garchomp is not that great of an option as a lead, I think it can be effective in the very fast paced Battle Tower. It the opposing lead cannot OHKO me and is Bulky, then I will SD on the first turn, allowing me to sweep more easily. The Yache berry lets me survive a hit from Weavile so I can take it's HP down to 1 (assuming a Sash) so Scizor can Bullet Punch it to hell where it belongs.

Starmie @ Choice Specs
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Grass Knot

As much as the Life Orb Starmie would have helped, it just isn't powerful enough to deal with some of the more common threats so I had to go with the Choice Specs version. The ability to take a hit or two is also useful. Garchomp is reasonably Bulky and is immune to Thunderbolt so I can switch out to it sometimes if I am locked onto a bad move. The awesome coverage that this provides will almost always get me a SE hit cand it helps me take down Swampert who would otherwise obliderate this team.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant
32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
-Bullet Punch
-X-Scissor
-Superpower
-Swords Dance

Scizor is a beast and it is no secret why. A Technician STAB Swords Dance Life Orb Bullet Punch is basically a 234 Base Power priority move that can help out ALOT with all the sashers hanging around the BT. It also has some Bulk and can take those grass hits that are gonna be aimed at Starmie without looking back.

Fire fang on Garchomp seeing as it was the OU standard to take out Skarmorys and Bronzongs. Make Garchomp your lead and replace Gengar with a CBScizor because Specs Starmie + Garchomp dents alot of things and if you didn't you might go against some fast glass cannon and you can use Scizor to pick off the weakened pokemon.

Fire fang on Garchomp seeing as it was the OU standard to take out Skarmorys and Bronzongs. Make Garchomp your lead and replace Gengar with a CBScizor because Specs Starmie + Garchomp dents alot of things and if you didn't you might go against some fast glass cannon and you can use Scizor to pick off the weakened pokemon.
I took your suggestion except that I decided to use a SD version so he has a good chance at actually sweeping. The main reason is really just to take out sashers anyway and being locked onto BP isn't that fun due to the common steel resists. Thanks for the useful rate though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)