Platinum Changes on Shoddy!

I don't really understand why they nerfed Hypnosis accuracy. Theoretically, unless I use Shaymin-s or one of the alternate Rotom forms nothing stops me from playing in D/P, with the 70% accuracy.

I say we go to town with Shaymin's alternate form as much as possible before its enivitable banning :D
EXACTLY. They needed a way to make d/p have something over platinum. Basically everyone will have your same mindset, "unless I'm using Platinum only pokemon why shouldn't I use D/P?"

I believe Bullet Punch is base power 80 now. The bonus from Technician doesn't compound on the STAB, they're adding simultaneously (I think so, if it works similarly to Adaptability). Either way it's very strong though.

No, it's 90... it was tested with Technitop and Scyther.

Aerial Ace is 60*1.5= 90 90*1.5 = 135

Mach Punch is 40*1.5= 60 60*1.5= 90

Scizor should be the same as these pokemon.

Shaymin Sky Form isn't as hard to take down as you would like to believe, it may get a kill, but a Scarf user or something bulky enough to take a hit while still OHKO'ing, will sufficiently do something to it. Its basically all revenge killing

So has this been implemented on the smogon server yet? Because I'd treally like to just suscept ladder my new team.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There is something wrong in tentacruells moveset however

If i use Rapid Spin+Knock Off it still says it is illegal while you can learn it now from a Tutor and an egg move so it's legal now
This brings up a decent point... where do we report learnset errors?

I honestly think it was a huge mistake to put Skymin in, unless we're certain that he's playable in some multiplayer battle.

Also can we please not turn this into "guess how good skymin is in dp" please kay thanks

None of those Pokemon with the possible exception of Shaymin-s (who is untested) are broken....
Except here on Smogon, where all three of those are uber. Skymin won't last long either I suspect, but I'm sure there will be a grace period of a few weeks so people can actually play around with it before it gets banned from standards.

Except here on Smogon, where all three of those are uber. Skymin won't last long either I suspect, but I'm sure there will be a grace period of a few weeks so people can actually play around with it before it gets banned from standards.
I disagree about Skymin. Its easy to take out with all the ScarfTrans and Mamoswine being played, and the addition of viable priority to like every pokemon under the sun.

We don't know enough about how Hypnosis functions between DPP yet to make a certain decision. However, Platinum is now THE version of Pokemon; all Nintendo tournaments will be played on Platinum so it seems logical that we replicate that game rather than living in the past simply because we don't want our Gengars to miss.
Quoted for 100% truth. We can't pick and choose what rules we want. Yeah, let's play with Skymin, but have 70% accurate Hypnosis because I don't want Gengar to miss. =/

I disagree about Skymin. Its easy to take out with all the ScarfTrans and Mamoswine being played, and the addition of viable priority to like every pokemon under the sun.
Skymin does have Earth Power, so Heatran isn't completely free to come in on it. Also Mamoswine is completely murdered by Leaf Storm or any other grass attack so it won't be switching in. Anything with Ice Shard will do major damage to Skymin, but very few things with Ice Shard can actually switch into Skymin.

I was talking about revenge kill, first of all, and second of all, you can't randomly risk something trivial as Earth Powering a Levitator, because that can completely change momentum, which is very precious with a pokemon as offensive as Shaymin's Sky form

I was talking about revenge kill, first of all, and second of all, you can't randomly risk something trivial as Earth Powering a Levitator, because that can completely change momentum, which is very precious with a pokemon as offensive as Shaymin's Sky form
1.) I assumed that when you said easy to take out that you meant counter because sacrificing something to get a free switch in to attempt to revenge kill something isn't what I'd consider easy, you still lost one Pokemon and did nothing more then force Skymin to switch.

2.) Prediction.

Regardless, it will be very interesting to see how Platinum shakes up the metagame. Everything and its mother having Outrage is going to be very interesting, as will all the Super Powers being thrown around. I think that with Hypnosis being dropped down we'll see the game shift even more towards pure offense, which I don't think will make the game any more enjoyable.

I wish Game Freak could just attempt to balance their walls and sweepers for once.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I honestly think it was a huge mistake to put Skymin in, unless we're certain that he's playable in some multiplayer battle.
Haven't you been reading? He is playable in multiplayer...just not WiFi

1) You can still send Heatran in on 3/4 standard attacks for pitiful damage. Your just trying to come up with someone doing something as stupifying as trying to predict a Heatran switch by Earth Powering a Celebi. And to that last comment in #1, that is a price, and either way, there is always that little prediction thing you just talked about in #2, predicting the switch to x ice resist, and stone edge/earthquaking.

2) Theres prediction, and there's over prediction, Earth Power on a Celebi, thats over prediction.

Pokemon without STAB outrage won't use it much, I can't see Gyarados using it at all, nor can I see Venusaur. Charizard and Tyranitar didn't use it, why would they now.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Meh, just because it's never been done before doesn't mean its bad. Sure Dragon with no STAB may not hit too many weaks, but it's potentially useful. I mean, can you imagine if Tinted Lens Yanmega got Draco Meteor? lol

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, even if you didn't like draco meteor's 1-move-flawless-coverage, you could always run Bug Buzz alongside it . . . heck, tinted lens' # 1 set is Specs. Bug Buzz / Draco Meteor / Aero Slash / Hidden Power would work, seeing as yanmega has few options open to it as it is. You could hit with Draco Meteor at the start when you don't know what's on the opposing team, and follow it up with a Bug Buzz sweep later.[/end pointless theorymonning]

2) Theres prediction, and there's over prediction, Earth Power on a Celebi, thats over prediction.
Seriously... why the hell are you still going on about this? Predict the Heatran switch, Earth Power; predict the Celebi switch, Air Slash; etc, etc, etc. You can just as easily predict correctly as you can over predict, and all of it changes as you learn more and more about the opposing players team. It really doesn't matter at all at this point. Posting "well I predicted your prediction" is just stupid, this isn't a battle.

What matters is Skymins coverage and abilities as a sweeper and how its survivability combines with it. Just the threat of having Earth Power drastically alters what gets switched into it as a counter. It would be like saying that Tyranitar can switch into a Flamethrower from Infernape and be a great counter.

Pokemon without STAB outrage won't use it much, I can't see Gyarados using it at all, nor can I see Venusaur. Charizard and Tyranitar didn't use it, why would they now.
I could see stuff randomly packing Outrage just to handle various dragons. Outrage being on a bunch of stuff could potentially limit the success of Yache Garchomp, which might warrant another test. Also Salamence getting Outrage scares me, that thing was flexible and strong enough as it was.

Besides, Outrage is simply a strong move with great type coverage. It is a pretty nice move to just throw out there and watch it do neutral damage to everything not Steel. It all depends on how the environment shapes up, and I'm pretty sure it is going towards being hyper offensive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)