Please Delete this

Landorus is a good idea, seeing that it helps with the ground weakness and to an extent makes fighting attacks much more manageable when Jellicent is gone, so i'll test it out, the swords dance set and see how it goes, thanks for the feedback.

I don't really see the merit of CS Heracross on this team. What does it revenge? Latios/Latias is handled by Garchomp on your team, and Heracross isn't particularly fast (Adamant nonwithstanding). If Darkrai was still in the metagame, I'd say it was a good choice. But Darkrai isn't, so that's that. If you really want Heracross, I'd suggest a Choice Band with Guts, to give you a solid status absorber. Also, I'd replace Earthquake with Sleep Talk, since EQ has redundant coverage with Close Combat. Sleep Talk is also really good with Guts. If for some reason you don't want Sleep Talk, Night Slash or Pursuit is a decent other option. A CB Guts-boosted Pursuit or Night Slash owns Jellicent and other Ghosts fairly easily. Also, Ninetails might try to switch in on a Megahorn, but with CB and Guts, that won't be happening too soon.

Now there's Jellicent. Jellicent is your sole Ice-resistance. Agains a Hail team, Kyurem can just throw down Blizzards until your team dies (Without reliable recovery, Ferrothorn dies too quickly). One Draco Meteor on a slightly weakened Jellicent will spell the end for you. I'd suggest a more Specially defensive set on Jellicent, and a more physically defensive set on Ferrothorn. That's really your call, since a Specially defensive Ferrothorn can probably stop Kyurem long enough for Excadrill to start a sweep. That said, I'm not really convinced Jellicent is the best choice for your team. Your team seems to be highly offensive, and since Jellicent doesn't really do anything other than pivot, there are better choices for it's position. On the Ghost side, Gengar is an excellent choice. He's a very dangerous and oft forgotten Pokemon in today's metagame. A SubSplit set would work very nicely. His Special sweeping skills also compliment your team's Physical strength. TrickScarf Gengar also isn't a bad idea (Imagine tricking a Scarf onto Gliscor or Blissey, for example). If you want bulk over a Ghost-type (Since SpinBlocking isn't all the necessary these days), Slowbro works very well. It resists Fighting, Psychic, Fire, Water and Ice, all of which are dangerous attack types. It also recovers simply by switching out, meaning you can switch in, do something, and switch out without having to worry about recovering. With Jellicent, though, you have to Recover every so often. Slowbro's movepool is also fairly diverse. You could run something like Boil Over/Fire Blast/Recover/Thunder Wave to great effectiveness. Slowking is the Specially-defensive option if you decide you want that. Either Pokemon deals with Gliscor fairly well. Other great Water-types include Gyarados, Gastrodon and Milotic.

On Tyrannitar, I'd suggest a lure set to deal with the problems you've been having against Physical walls. Running a Special-oriented set with maybe Substitute and Focus Punch is a great wall-breaking set. Ice Beam also helps deal with Gliscor, who seems to be a pretty nasty threat to your team's sweeping abilities (To be honest, it walls you easily, barring Rock Slide flinches and Stone Edge crits).

Other than that, you seem to have your threats covered fairly well. Reinuclus isn't too much of a problem with Heracross and X-Scissor on Excadrill. Bulky Dragonite also probably can't get past both Garchomp and Excadrill. So good luck.

Ok, thanks for the rate!

I don't actually use heracross to revenge anything, he's just purely for sweeping with close combat and megahorn. You're right about earthquake though, its a bit redundant and pursuit or sleep talk seem like much better options, gettting rid of ghost types like gengar would be nice so i'll take pursuit.

Against hail teams, i generally have tyranitar as a switch in because it changes blizzard's accuracy to 50% and the sand storm allows tyranitar to tank those with ease. I never actually let Jellicent take any special hits, all of that goes to ferrothorn who should easily set up a leech seed and protect as blizzard won't be touch is hardened exterior. Although you're right about how jellicent isn't working tha well for my team, at times I find it a bit too slow and offensively lacking making it more or less set-up bait for subpuncher breloom and substitute dragon dance gyarados and kingdra. So the gengar set is a really good idea, i'll be trying the subsplit set as i've had good responses with that last gen. To be honest, I've never actually tried using slowbro before, but i'll give it a test and see how it goes.

Gliscor is a bit of a dilemma and at some times its really difficult for me to get past, a lure set seems interesting, unfortunately, it's my lead so I have to put stealth rock somewhere, but i'll change fire blast to ice beam. Although that leaves it walled by steel types.

I'll try to get the tests done by tomorrow or the day after and see how the new teams work. Also on another note, chaosnebula, I tried out SD landorus and it worked reasonably but lacks the speed and bulk, as revenge killers could take it out quite easily, so i'll be still using excadrill. neoseth, I know you must have spent a long time on this rate so thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)