VGC PLease Help : Mega Gardevoir Trickroom

This is a team based on the very successful vgc 15 team. The team aims to stop H.O in its tracks but also be able to handle most things the ladder can throw at it.

The Team:
1517982591753.png

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 4 SpA / 28 SpD / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Protect

Mega Gardevoir is the trickroom setter of the team. It is odd to see only one setter on a full room team but with redirection, fake out and extreme offensive pressure, I haven't really had much trouble with setting. The ev spread is meant to tank 2 eqs from adamant lando at -1 (or neutral jolly )or an over heat from timid zard and out speeds adamant bisharp I don't think much investment in spatk is required for Garde because its spatk is so high and it has pixilate. Hypervoice + psychic is all garde needs to be a massive threat on the field even consistently 3hkoing defensive av lando.
1517982622658.png

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Super Fang

Scrafty is the first utility pokemon of the team. Intimidate allows it to lower the attack of opposing pokemon making them less of a threat. Fake out provides a way of guaranteeing trickroom or getting a free set up turn. Drain punch over a hjk because protect is everywhere, knock off because of recycle snorlax and superfang to help other members of the team pick up kos. I don't like ice punch on this team because lando is not a threat at all.
1517982665656.png

Amoonguss @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Amoonguss is the second support pokemon. It provides a much different utility than scrafty. Amoonguss is more passive but the support it provides allows in rage powder and spore gives free set up turns to overpower an entire team.
1517982707736.png

Tapu Fini @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Muddy Water
- Protect

Originally choice specs for consistant damage output but I soon realised that this team suited calm mind alot more. Between protect stalling fake out and rage powder fini gets alot of free turns to set up. This also allows fini to utilize protect. While the antisynergy whith amoongus is there, I'm not really using amoongus for spore but rather rage powder.
1517982749595.png

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Heatran can auto-win against so many teams. If the opposing team doesn't have much to threaten heatran, it's over. It blanket checks so many pokemon like naganadel, charizard, lele, and gardevoir, or cresselia. All it does is set up a sub and win.
1517982884435.png

Aegislash @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard

Aegislash is the last pokemon I added to the team. Its roll in the team is to break through defensive pokemon and also provide support with wide gaurd.

I would appreciate competitive ev spreads as well since I have none. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Weaknesses I would like to fix:
LeleGross-Lele threatens my redirector and fake out user and metagross threatens my only means of setting trickroom
Landorus+charizard-Very common core and if trickroom is down, absolutely destroys the team
Opposing trickroom-Alot of other fullroom teams are much slower like camerupt and stakataka, and can easily wipe the team

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)