Scizor @ Lum Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Bug Bite

Scizor is very standard for me on my team. I primarily use him to combat fairy types and to get quick ko's if possible with bullet punch. Also he is my main combatant to venusaurs, both mega and non, and psychic types. I have the lum berry because usually people try to status condition the same turn i swords dance and after the lum berry goes into effect i essentially had a free turn to set up. If i get to set up swords dance scizor is a major late game sweeper for my team. Adamant nature for more powerful attacks.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Conkeldurr is my main physical tank. The assault vest doubled with drain punch gives Conkeldurr longevity on the field. Drain punch, Ice punch, and mach punch all get boosted by iron fist and knock off is a good move to use when I know my opponent is switching in another pokemon. It also hits well enough against psychics and ghost types.

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Nidoking is my main special attacker. The life orb doubled with sheer force allows its moves to hit extremely hard. I gave it a timid nature because i'd rather have the speed boost than the special attack boost if i gave it a modest nature. Sludge Bomb and Earth Power are its main stabs while thunderbolt and ice beam are coverage moves for water types, dragon types, and talonflames mainly. They also hit pretty hard after the life orb sheer force boost.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Shell Smash
- Protect
- Rock Blast

Cloyster is a pokemon I have a lot of fun with, but can still do damage. Icicle spear and Rock blast do a lot of damage after being boosted by shell smash, and always hit 5 times thanks to skill link. The focus sash allows it to survive a would-be-ko and set up shell smash which usually gets me at least one ko before being cloyster gets ko'd, and i can take out talonflame or mega charizard y with an unboosted rock blast. Adamant nature to increase it's attacks.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 236 HP / 192 Def / 20 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Tailwind
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Follow Me

I just recently started using togekiss in exchange for Amoongus, and am definitely most open to hear changes for Togekiss. I usually start off with tailwind to give my team the speed boost, then use either air slash for the serene grace boosted flinch, or i use follow me to let my attackers set up and to keep damage off of them. Dazzling gleam is just a stab move that I can use to ko two pokemon with extremely low health and to combat pokemon weak to fairy. Very open to move changes as well as ev spread critiques.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

I prefer Charizard X to Charizard Y because i feel less people are prepared for it. Also, i feel that post a dragon dance set up it is a very very formidable sweeper. Very standard set here though. I opted for fire punch instead of flare blitz because I do not want the recoil damage. Other than that, i primarily use charizard x as my physical sweeper. I gave him 40 hp ev's for a bit of a health boost, the standard 252 attack and the rest into speed.

I have been using this team for about a month now. I have had overall positive results but definitely some room for improvement. Please be honest with your evaluations and I welcome any and all critiques, concerns, advice. Thank you and have a nice day.

hi there XXmatthewxX, sorry to say but very few of your pokemon are viable in the current vgc format.

you lack 2 restricted pokemon, which is a necessity to build a proper team, so instead of me changing up your entire team to fit something i like i suggest you look here to get an idea of what is viable so maybe you can give it another go when you're more comfortable with the metagame. i can give you a few cores to maybe build around, if you would like me to. nice attempt at a most likely first team in the new format. :)

hi there XXmatthewxX, sorry to say but very few of your pokemon are viable in the current vgc format.

you lack 2 restricted pokemon, which is a necessity to build a proper team, so instead of me changing up your entire team to fit something i like i suggest you look here to get an idea of what is viable so maybe you can give it another go when you're more comfortable with the metagame. i can give you a few cores to maybe build around, if you would like me to. nice attempt at a most likely first team in the new format. :)
Thank you I'll take a look at it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)