VGC Please Rate My VGC Team

I am new and read over the rules and hopefully I got everything :S
Please keep in mind this is for VGC format that I'm hoping to use in live competition coming up, however I have tested some stuff in rating battles.

1. Krookodile @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Earthquake/Bulldoze
- Rock Slide
- Crunch/Pursuit
- Protect

Krookodile is a new addition to the team because I kept seeing too many Koko's and Lele's -- granted, they are both still faery, but he's meant more to switch into an electric or psychic hit. [1] He's just fast enough to out-speed a lot of pokemon + flinch chance. [2] Considering Bulldoze over EQ to speed debuff, potentially baiting a switch. [3] Considering Pursuit for the switches. (Please note I have other debuffers)

2. Comfey @ Big Root
Ability: Triage
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Def
- Floral Healing
- Leech Seed/Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Protect/Synthesis

I was excited about Comfey as soon as I learned about Triage, it's been extremely useful for my style of play and team. [1] Debating on Leech Seed vs Calm Mind, because obviously priority empowered draining kiss is fantastical. [2] Similar concept with Protect/Synthesis...protect can be better because you can block 2 hits, but synthesis actually heals (though with calm mind/draining kiss, that may be better anyway) [3] I am currently using the Leech Seed, it seems to work with a lot of my other pokemon because I can switch in something that needs that extra sustain heal.

3. Araquanid @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Bubble
Nature: Impish
- Liquidation
- Stockpile
- Substitute/Aqua Ring
- Protect/Leech Life

Araquanid has been another sure deal on the team. One of the very first pokemon that I saw and fell in love with and has just been tearing it up on my team. [1] I started out with Aqua Ring and Leech Life, and it was fine...but I ran into other status users that gave me slight problems, so I went with Substitute and Protect...now I can't Floral Heal into the Substitute so there are potential problems with that. [2] Aqua Ring was nice if I was able to set up stockpiles and such, the healing from it and leftovers and occasional leech life was unstoppable...but back to #1, status was an issue.

4. Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 126 SpD / 130 Def
- Toxic
- Infestation/Liquidation
- Wide Guard
- Baneful Bunker/Recover

Toxapex is not a favorite, but he can be pretty useful in the team because switching him with krookadile to bait electric hits while regenerating his HP is really nice. Also locking pokemon I know I can handle better than potential others with Infestation from switching out has been really nice. [1] I still wonder about Infestation vs and actual attack, like liquidation (I know the typical is scald for burn, but I messed up his nature already and sorta need the faster KO from toxic). However, Infestation is still really useful. [2] Baneful Bunker is great but I have really loved wide guard against EQs and Discharges, etc...and its' nice that I can BB and immediately WG, but maybe recover would be better. Tips?

5. Salazzle @ Choice Scarf vs Specs
Ability: Corrosion
Nature: Modest vs Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Toxic
- Sludge Wave
- Overheat
- Flamethrower/Something else??

Salazzle has been another iffy member of the team. Sometimes I love her and she wipes out everything...(including my own team) or she dies instantly and I get nothing to show for it [1] With the scarf, she outspeeds Koko. This is the main reason I even consider it. I kept seeing Koko in the doubles rating battles and salazzle can easily OHKO Koko with sludge wave as long as she moves first. [2] This then made me switch all the moves around because I needed the Scarf...but then I feel like the Specs would allow me to OHKO even more and she is faster than "most" others. [3] I like toxic for when I feel like I just have no other choice, but typically I wouldn't bring her in as my 4 man team if that were the case (pretty much just for kokos/bulus/leles) unfortunately can't OHKO lele w/o the Specs, but can't outspeed the Koko w/o the scarf.

6. Mimikyu @ Z-Fightium / Wide Lens(other)
Ability: Disguise
Nature: Adamant
- Bulk Up/Will-O-Wisp
- Play Rough/Leech Life
- Shadow Claw/Shadow Sneak
- Protect/Wood Hammer/Mimic/Trick Room

Mimikyu is literally my favorite pokemon and as such I definitely don't want to consider taking him out of the team, but need help fine tuning.
[1] Wide Lens...so Play Rough missing 2 times in a row and Will-O-Wisp missing just made me rage to no end. It cost me several rating battles when I know I'd OHKO after Z-Bulk Up and then wham...however, the RARE chance of play rough hitting (yes rare even at 90 stinking accuracy), was delightful to watch anything Dark/Dragon/Fighting just insta disappear.
[2] Z-Bulk Up does +2 Atk and +1 Def. With a def ev trained Mimikyu, he actually gets a bit wall-like. However, Will-O-Wisp attack debuff does that too and helps in other ways for the whole team. Just no bonus attack boost which is sad.
[3] Leech Life is nice to recover health...but once I added Comfey to the team, things weren't so bad after all, so I'm considering switching back into the bulk up since comfey can keep him alive.
[4] I like Shadow Claw because crits and it's stronger...and because I decide to go ahead and try the Shadow Sneak and encountered a Tapu Lele... -_-
[5] This last ability has been all over the place. Protect is always good, but I have enough protects and switchers that it wasn't necessary. Wood Hammer was used in combination with grassy terrain comfey with soak araquanid and was obliterating everything and was kind of fun, but takes strange set ups and can be useless in too many ways. Trick Room may be nice for Araquanid and Toxapex. Finally mimic...I believe this is what I want to use, there is a lot of versatility...but it takes time, one free turn...tips on how to use mimic better (I know I can use it on my own abilities and such, but when is it typically used effectively).

The above team is what I currently have but, with all the power house meta pokemon out there like the Tapus and the UBs...I feel like, and am sad by it, that I 'need' to use them to have any chance competitively.

So, I'm considering the following Tapus (basically not Koko, hate that bird chicken thing)
Tapu Lele
-- but I have no idea how Triage works with Psychic Terrain on my own pokemon (can I floral healing for example). I know that I could not Draining Kiss an "affected" pokemon so that's sort of debilitating right there.
Tapu Fini
-- really think I want Fini, Mysty Terrain protects status which is sort of my team's weakness...and though it protects enemy team that's grounded, I can choose when I am bringing in the terrain by switching her in. Furthermore, I can take down enemy terrain with a simple switch as well. Problems here is that I already have 2 faery and 2 water pokemon on the team. I know I wouldn't take Araquanid out...maybe toxapex, but I lose a lot of nice wall/switch/stall potential.
Tapu Bulu
-- This may be a good choice, but who to switch for? Salazzle or Krookadile? But free Grassy Terrain means I can give Mimikyu Wood Hammer back, and maybe Araquanid Soak, could also throw in Entrainment to give bulu resitance to fire...but I don't think Bulu can use water attacks and that's what would really benefit from water bubble on another pokemon.

And the UBs I'm considering
Nihilego
-- literally a replacement for Salazzle...but no fire STAB or Corrosion for steel...but better stats all around, and a crazy fun selection of moves.
Xurkitree
-- just my favorite of the UBs...very strong, but don't really think it fits the team
Guzzlord
-- terribly weak to fairy...but with soak and trick room, he could be a terrifying menace and a good addition.

I know I wrote a lot and posted many things. Please keep in mind that I am not only new to these forums but also the the competitive world of Pokemon battling...ESPECIALLY this format (VGC/Doubles).

Thank you all in advance for any tips/suggestions/critiques/advice. I respectfully request constructive criticism (if you think something sucks so terribly bad, please say why and what would be a good alternative).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)