Pokémon Pokébank changes discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Illegal Pokemon are obviously going to be blocked.
Thing is, in gen 5, some HA pokemon are unable to be shiny, right? It'll let shiny versions of those through, based on some posts in this thread.

There are 4 things that Pokebank is releasing that will likely have a major effect on the OU metagame. Most of the ones that are yet unreleased were either uber or <5% usage last gen. Those 4 pokemon that will be major are Landorus (therian), Thundurus (therian), Terrakion and Keldeo. Entei and Cress may be big with their new toys, but I doubt it.

Seems like the eshop is working now, but the pokebank app says TBD. Guees well have to wait a little longer
Edit:the eshop is down again
Another edit: its back up

Last edited:

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Just like in Gen 5, you won't be able to take illegal hacks online. So shiny HA Sinnoh starters won't be able to enter free and rated battles. Same goes for unreleased DW abilities.

Ah. Well, fuck.

Ooh. That plus its two STAB types give it flawless coverage right there.
The only pokemon who resists fairy/ghost is Pyroar.. and you know.. Pyroar.. isn't OU material.. so you can deal with SB and DG alone,
SHadow ball/Dazzling gleam/Will O wisp/Recover
It gets good coverage bnut jellicent is a wall so I don't think it's the best move putting a good coverage on it.

The only pokemon who resists fairy/ghost is Pyroar.. and you know.. Pyroar.. isn't OU material.. so you can deal with SB and DG alone,
SHadow ball/Dazzling gleam/Will O wisp/Recover
It gets good coverage bnut jellicent is a wall so I don't think it's the best move putting a good coverage on it.
There's honestly little reason to run Dazzling Gleam over Scald.

So maybe over ice beam he runs a lot it can give more damage against fighting types jellicent walls.
The point was that Scald is more useful because of the Burn chance against the attackers Jellicent will wall. Sure, DG will do a bit more damage, but that's not Jellicent's role.

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
I've updated the OP with a few more relevant changes. No one cares about Fell Stinger Genesect.

EDIT: Added DG Jellicent, Grassy Terrain is bad
Speak for yourself. This move is a godsend on the Shift Gear set.
Assuming a +2 attack boost from Download and Shift Gear, and combined with LO boost, Fell Stinger does respectable damage to a lot of things and this can lead to a snowball effect that makes Genesect unstoppable lategame with Extremespeed.

A few relevant calcs:

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Genesect (Move 1) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 221-265 (54.7 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Genesect (Move 1) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 291-346 (96.3 - 114.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Genesect (Move 1) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 335-398 (117.1 - 139.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Genesect (Move 1) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Goodra: 164-192 (42.7 - 50%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Genesect (Move 1) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 114-136 (47.1 - 56.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Since Shift Gear Genesect plays as a lategame sweeper, chances are you'll be able to grab a free +2 attack boost if you KO a weakened target with this move. As you can see there are plenty of opportunities to make good use of that.
If you play your cards well you'll be left with a +4 attack, LO-boosted Extremespeed Genesect after a successful Fell Stinger, which is pretty much a gg.

Last edited:
The point was that Scald is more useful because of the Burn chance against the attackers Jellicent will wall. Sure, DG will do a bit more damage, but that's not Jellicent's role.
Yes, but the point he was trying to make is that on sets that used scald + ice beam, dazzling gleam could be used. Scald is still jellicents go to attack, but dg would be used for fighting and dragon types.

Yes, but the point he was trying to make is that on sets that used scald + ice beam, dazzling gleam could be used. Scald is still jellicents go to attack, but dg would be used for fighting and dragon types.
Fair enough.

Though if you think about it, Ice Beam would damage relevant Dragons more than DG. Garchomp, Salamence, etc. DG hits Hydregion harder, though, so that's something to consider.

Its disappointing to learn that most of the legends have been left alone. Gamefreak seem to think that many legends would be too good for the game but end up making them inferior to regular pokemon. :I
In fact other than the musketeer quartets everyother minor legends have some bad flaws. I thought sacred fire entei was a step in the right direction but clearly it was just trollfreak being biased.

The Emboar research thread has discovered that the Baconator gets Sucker Punch, though the only known Pokemon able to pass it down at the moment is Smeargle.
There's actually a lot of Pokemon it could get it from. Ratata, Diglett, Poochyena, Sentret, Mawile, Spinda, Kecleon, Absol, Glameow, Purrloin, Furfrou, Meowstic

There's actually a lot of Pokemon it could get it from. Ratata, Diglett, Poochyena, Sentret, Mawile, Spinda, Kecleon, Absol, Glameow, Purrloin, Furfrou, Meowstic
Okay, let me rephrase that. The research thread discovered it by breeding with a Smeargle, but unless I missed something that's currently the only Pokemon confirmed to be able to pass it down. Something else would obviously be able to pass it down besides Smeargle. Edit: Okay, I need Sleep. I'm derping around and I really need to get some shut-eye to screw my head on right.

Anyway, interesting that Baconator gets Sucker Punch here, but I doubt it'll make much of a splash, sure it'll help Emboar out in RU, but Sucker Punch alone wont be able to propel Emboar much, at the very best he might rise one tier, but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Why would any other pokemon need to be confirmed to pass down the move once the move itself is known to be passable? Any pokemon in the field egg group that can learn sucker punch by any means can pass it to Tepig.

Speaking of egg moves, have we managed to get Baby-Doll Eyes OUT of the field egg group? Specifically to the fairy group... specifically for Blissey? ;o;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)