Pokémon UK Reading Tournament - Format Confirmed

(I'll update this post with the latest information when it is avaliable)​

The next Pokémon Gamerbase Tournament is on it's way folks, after Ivan spoke with officials at Reading Gamerbase the official format has been confirmed!

Ivan(Pikachimba) said:
OK, First of all, I want to give thanks for the interest you've all shown in the playing format of this tournament so far.
After taking into consideration every comment you've all posted, and also after talking to gamerbase representatives, I'm happy to announce the playing format for the Reading Tournament:
It will be VGC09 with a little twist!!!
I'll explain:
The rules will be exactly the same as VGC09 with a slight alteration as to what Pokémon will be allowed. As you all know, these pokémon are ineligible under VGC09 rules:

150 - Mewtwo
151 - Mew
249 - Lugia
250 - Ho-Oh
251 - Celebi
382 - Kyogre
383 - Groudon
384 - Rayquaza
385 - Jirachi
386 - Deoxys (All Formes)
483 - Dialga
484 - Palkia
487 - Giratina (All Formes)
489 - Phione
490 - Manaphy
491 - Darkrai
492 - Shaymin (All Formes)
493 - Arceus

Well, for the Reading tournament we've analised a few of these pokémon and have come to the decision that 4 of these pokémon will be eligible to use.
These pokémon are:

385 - Jirachi
489 - Phione
490 - Manaphy
492 - Shaymin (Land Forme Only)

I'm sure most of you will appreciate the change these alterations will bring to different strategies used in the tournament.
We're very excited with the prospect of seeing you guys use these pokémon and want to hear your opinions in the matter.
Please note that this is now official so I will not accept comments that will suggest a change or anything along that idea.
Of course, you can all post what you think about it, be it good or bad :D
I'm pretty sure there is no set date for Reading yet but as like above when it's made public, it'll be posted here.

So not only from those attending, what's your opinions on the modified format? Also for those who do not know, tyranitar and dragonite are permitted as well in this tournament as like other previous hosted tournaments.

I think that with Tyranitar and Abomasnow already being pretty dominant weather changers, it'll be hard for Manaphy to gain the full potential of it's hydration ability. I for one would love to be using a calm mind set with rest whilst investing the other EVs in HP and Defense. But zapdos says hi here with the whole zapchomp team which can wreck Jirachi as well. I think Shaymin can become pretty useful in this format, although with all of these, the only useful way I can think of Phione is through trick room due to it's 80 bases.

Discuss!

I honestly can't see these alterations making that much of a difference to the 09 metagame, I honestly think we may see an increase in the use of Zappy and maybe chomp but thats nothing new their probably the most popular pair in 09 rules anyway.

I think Jirachi will be interesting and the only one for me that really sicks out from these new eligible pokemon, I'm thinking a Scarf set could be deadly.

I would have liked to have seen Mew and Celebi introduced but I guess this may have made greater changes to the metagame than the ones chosen above.

Whatever anyone does say, I think the choices to bring these pokemon in to the 09 ruleset is a good thing, none of the new pokes are going to change anything over dramatically although the changes they may encourage will be interesting to see.

Looking forward to this, when is it likely to be held??

Looking forward to this, especially with the new format.
It offers more team variations and tactics which can only be a bonus.

Let's hope some of us make the final this time :0

Only thing I need to ask is the date, just so I can book travel.

When I read this, I assumed Celebi was incorporated as well but obviously not. Shaymin and Celebi always are contenders against each other as each provides different niches. Although I completely disagree with permitting Mew, have you seen it's move spread?

Apart from that I think cresselia has just went up in usage yet again. Zapchomp threatens any idea of playing haxchi with possibly a teeter dance smeargle or whatever. Tyranitar created the back door for Rain Dance when it was introduced into this VGC09 reconstructed format so if anybody was going to attempt manaphy's hydration it would probably be a conditionary on the condition the opponent doesn't have tyranitar or abomasnow, if having either could jeopardise the whole point of manaphy.

Shaymin actually though could have a hand to play with HP Fire and Seed Flare if you think about it.

i am comming, rachi will be fun to use

EDIT: can i use a eruption hetran from gaurdian signs there ?, and can i use hgss move tutors
,and can i use lvl 50+ mons due to the hgss auto lvl feature?

I'll be there, whenever it is. I'll probably fail though as I'm not good with doubles teams XD

So if they're using the VGC09 rules, is it a 4v4 doubles battle? Or 6v6? And are Rotom, Tyranitar and Dragonite banned as well?

I would suggest holding this event in February. December and January people are going to broke to Christamas and New Year sales.

I spoke to the people in the Gamerbase on saturday, and they said it would most likely be in February. Really looking foward to it now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)