Let's Play! Pokemon Gaia Blind Nuzlocke

lepton

im fragile, but not that fragile
is a Tiering Contributor
hey its me this is my first lets play on here lets see how long it takes before i give up! im doing regular nuzlocke rules.

3.png

welcome to pokemon gaia! mascot is apparently :regigigas:, which is actually really cool. its a hack of firered.

4.png

General Kenobi. This is Professor Redwood, and hes apparently also an archaeologist - the Pokemon he shows us is :kabuto:, cool fossil theme

5.png

my name is lepton

6.png

hi mom

7.png

apparently i received a letter, this isnt weird at all.

8.png

I go grab the book from my room and - jesus thats an ominous name

9.png

thank you mom, thats actually really nice and they work indoors! ty rom hacks

10.png

We are from Celanto Town. what a wonderful tourist slogan we have here. on an unrelated note, i love the player sprite here

decided to go explore the town, here is the interesting things i found
11.png

:blobglare:

12.png

apparently megas are in this game? thats extremely neat

13.png

thats also neat

14.png

now i went to the shrine that the letter told me to, presumably this is who sent the letter

15.png

apparently its an old family heirloom of hers, and being the wonderful girl i am i give it back out of the kindness of my heart. I wonder if this becomes important later in the story...

17.png

walking back into town im stopped by mom who realized that its actually dangerous to walk 100 feet out of town through a completely empty path and wants me to get a pokemon.

18.png

he wants our help with (unidentified task, i wonder what it could be) and the third guy leaves lmao

19.png
20.png
21.png

Sinnoh starters, i know who im going to pick :)

22.png

meet Cody the :turtwig:. hes Hasty nature and knows tackle and withdraw. hes a good boy

23.png

i get to name my rival (who picks Chimchar) and in a stroke of pure genius i named him Rival. we dont fight yet, surprisingly

24.png

Professor told us to meet him in his house in Archan town, so im headed there. no pokeballs yet so the nuzlocke has not started atm

25.png

here we are, definitely a fossil theme going on, theres even a tapestry of relicanth which i forgot to screenshot

26.png
27.png
28.png

professor gives me and Rival the dex, map, and pokeballs. the run has officially started! oh and he wants us to meet him at the end of Archan tunnel, and Rival is gonna fight us at the entrance

29.png
30.png

my encounter on the route between here and starter town. not great cause i already have Cody, but neat ig

31.png
32.png
33.png

this one is way more interesting, and I will definitely use Paul at least in the short term. (this route is a dead end atm)

34.png
lmao
time to fight Rival before entering the cave

35.png
36.png

well i trained Cody and Paul to level 7 before the fight to be safe, and it turns out I definitely didnt need to

37.png

heres the route to where the professor wants us to go, he wants us to investigate earthquakes which have apparently been increasing recently

38.png
39.png

new route means new encounter and this one is... less than stellar

40.png
41.png

cleared out the trainers.

42.png

while exploring i found this lady's weedle and she gave me a great item. I immediately gave it to Oran (:budew:) and started to train him up as this is a great incentive to use him

43.png

wasnt too exciting or difficult, but i made it to the first gym town

44.png

well thats interesting, and another reason to use Oran

45.png
46.png
47.png

Did one last encounter before ending, and Henry will also be very useful against Fernando

48.png

Heres my team at the end of part 1! next time ill beat the gym probably idk

Attachments

Yay! Gaia’s a very fun hack. Its theming is excellent and it’s really well-structured. The only thing I found that holds it back is some weird trainer AI that prevents some moves from being used effectively, but that might actually help in a nuzlocke. Looking forward to seeing this continue!

Last edited:

lepton

im fragile, but not that fragile
is a Tiering Contributor
here it is
1.png

heres where we left off - in the town with the first gym, trying to find a secret entrance to the cave we came here from

7.5.png

found it, just need cut (im guessing i get from the 1st gym) - gonna explore everything i can before then, and clear out trainers to level

2.png
3.png
4.png

encounter, probably wont use it atm cause i have Paul

5.png

west is roadblocked

7.png

so is east

8.png
9.png

heres the gym - decided to check the first gym trainer to feel out where i should train to

10.png

decided to train to level 10 before the gym trainers.

11.png
12.png

cleared them out, not too bad

13.png

got Oran to 13 so he could learn a grass move with more than 20 power, should make the gym much easier

14.png
15.png

here we go!

16.png

he leads clefairy.

17.png
18.png

he uses rock smash, which only does 3, so i use this time to set up to +6 with growth

mega drain 2hkos, he uses his potion, and then sends out ralts
19.png

mega drain ohkos, time for his ace

20.png

mega drain 2hkos, we got the first badge without any deaths, poggers

21.png
22.png

he ran away crying without giving me the badge, we call this "pulling a Whitney"

23.png

thats no good - thats the area to the west that was roadblocked

24.png

its a spooky forest :eyes:

25.png
26.png

first things first though, new area means new encounter. i love pumpkaboo but i probably wont use it rn cause its my 3rd grass type

27.png
28.png

found him after clearing out some easy trainers

29.png
30.png

fred nandos dad gives me cut, time to access the """""secret""""" entrance

31.png
32.png
33.png

first i explored some optional cut trees and i got hidden power, taught it to Cody and thats decent coverage for now

34.png
35.png
36.png

story stuff, we have to head east to a town and theres a guy who can translate these runes, hes in a museum apparently

37.png

no longer roadblocked to the east, as expected

38.png
43.png

exploring - nothing can learn shock wave and idk what to give taunt to yet

39.png

made it to the city, the route/trainers were fairly painless

some guy was guarding the entrance to the museum
40.png

uh... yeah i bet he is
he ran off saying he needed to talk to his boss, he definitely works for the museum
41.png

44.png

heres my team at the end of part 2! no deaths so far, hopefully i can keep it up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)