Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

Rearrange and then add ~+15 to get it to ~550 makes the most sense
This. I think what's most likely is a slower, bulkier minmax focused on the physical stats to differentiate it from Goodra-Hisui, and then having its BST brought up to be in line with Kingambit.

All speculation at this point, but if Raging Bolt gets an Electric type version of Hydro Steam that in all likelihood means that P-Entei's move will be 270 BST (80 BP * 1.5 from Sun * 1.5 from move effect * 1.5 from STAB) under Sun + Protosynthesis boost unless they opt for making it the secondary type.

Last edited:
This. I think what's most likely is a slower, bulkier minmax focused on the physical stats to differentiate it from Goodra-Hisui, and then having its BST brought up to be in line with Kingambit.

All speculation at this point, but if Raging Bolt gets an Electric type version of Hydro Steam that in all likelihood means that P-Entei's move will be 270 BST under Sun unless they opt for making it the secondary type.
Given Psyblade is Psychic, and thus likely going to be shared among the Cyber-Musketeers, I doubt Paradox Entei would end up with a Dragon move, unless of course Raging Bolt and Paradox Entei end up not being Dragon.

Also slightly related, someone should poke Khu and see if he knows what dinosaur Entei's based on. My initial idea was triceratops, but with how they did Raikou Entei could be a pterodactyl for all I know.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Something interesting to note

1691521456823.png

1691521467398.png

These are deliberately named differently. With the current wording (and the effects layered on the design) I think Terapagos' form is not necessarely ties to terastalizing but rather just an alternate form, whereas Terastallized State Ogerpon is some sorta special terastal mechanic (like g-maxes if you will)

Given Psyblade is Psychic, and thus likely going to be shared among the Cyber-Musketeers, I doubt Paradox Entei would end up with a Dragon move, unless of course Raging Bolt and Paradox Entei end up not being Dragon.
This seems likely due to the parallel with Sacred Sword but I don't see how Raging Bolt/Jurassic Entei would get Hydro Steam.

What this leaves me at logically is P-Entei ending up with Hydro Steam (Fire) which to me seems pretty absurd from a base power standpoint.

This seems likely due to the parallel with Sacred Sword but I don't see how Raging Bolt/Jurassic Entei would get Hydro Steam.
My point was that the Cyber-Musketeers will all share one, while the Legendary Dino-Beasts will all have their own unless they pull something weird and have Water be the shared type for them or don't have a shared type at all.

What this leaves me at logically is P-Entei getting Hydro Steam but Fire which to me seems pretty absurd from a base power standpoint.
it seems possible that Entei’s move could be fire that doesn’t lose power in rain for some nice symmetry.

My point was that the Cyber-Musketeers will all share one, while the Legendary Dino-Beasts will all have their own unless they pull something weird and have Water be the shared type for them or don't have a shared type at all.
I agree with you.

I'm just saying that in the event of them getting different signatures I don't think they'd be type reskinned/renamed versions of Hydro Steam because that immediately becomes silly if Entei were to get a Fire version of it. I don't think Entei is getting a Dragon signature, either, FWIW.

1691514936720.png

Pokemon.com claims that the raid events will happen from Thursday August 8 to Sunday August 17, and if you look at today's date you'll see the problem with that. The previous raid events have usually spanned these weekend times so I think this could just be a quick copy paste error, but I was wondering about the original raid timeline before Chesnaught delayed everything by a month. Since there was some Mewtwo cross promotion going on in June-July that could have aligned pretty well, I wondered about what the intended timeline would look like for when this Mewtwo raid was supposed to happen.

Here are some events I've lined up related to raids and things the Presents covered:

May 19-21: The original Chesnaught rerun with bugged paradoxes
May 26-28: original Delphox run?
June 2-4: original Delphox rerun?
June 7: announcement that the Chesnaught rerun is fixed
June 9-11: original Rillaboom run date (leaked by the Nintendo Switch news article)
June 16-18: original Rillaboom rerun?
June 16-18: actual Chesnaught rerun date
June 20: Pokemon Trainer Cruise announced
June 21: Nintendo Direct + Gimmighoul raid event (to July 2) + Detective Pikachu Returns announcement
June 24: Mewtwo and Mew event in Cafe Remix
June 29: Mewtwo + Panic Parade official announcement for Unite
June 29: Pokemon SV 1.3.2 release date (with the new Mew/Mewtwo raid mechanic)
July 3: Delphox announcement
July 6: New Mew outfit in Cafe Remix.
July 7-9: actual Delphox run
July 14-16: actual Delphox rerun
July 17: actual Rillaboom announcement (the raid would be 2 weeks later unlike most other announcements)
July 17: Pokemon Sleep launches.
July 18: Worlds trailer
July 19: Pokemon Trainer Cruise registration opens
July 20: Horizons anime dub trailer
July 21: All the Unite 2nd Anniversary content covered (Mega Mewtwo X + Panic Parade)
(Panic Parade was playable from July 21 to July 31, and returns each weekend from Aug 4-6, Aug 11-13, and Aug 18-20. It is not currently playable despite being advertised in the Presents.)
July 24: Tera Dark Charizard gift, reflected across the anime/TCG
July 26: The late July 2023 NSO game update for Oracle of Ages/Seasons
July 27: Shiny Grimmsnarl gift distribution
July 27: Nemona + the final Presents date datamined from Masters
July 28-30: actual Rillaboom run
August 1: Pokemon Sleep is getting an event for every full moon and the last full moon was August 1 while the next one won't be until August 30.
August 4-6: Half the GO Fest events that they announced already happened.
August 4-6: actual Rillaboom rerun

If Chesnaught wasn't delayed, then we would have neatly finished up with all the starters before the Gimmighoul raid event started. Afterwards we might have heard about Mew/Mewtwo on June 29 itself to align with the update and other Mewtwo announcements, and the preparation raids + Mewtwo taking place over the next weeks right after Gimmighoul instead of the delayed Delphox, which would allow the Dark type Charizard and Shiny Grimmsnarl gifts to add some advantages against it. If it started on July 21 and lasted the same 18 days, it would have even ended on August 8th which is an interesting coincidence. As it is now, Mewtwo's raid (Aug 31-Sept 17) will go on past the DLC release date of September 13th which is a bit awkward. I was also considering the possibility of the 5-star raids being tied to each rerun, since Delphox has a significant advantage over both Scizor and Hydreigon, but Rillaboom doesn't have much to do with Hatterene and Grimmsnarl. At this point I'm kind of just grasping at straws and I don't think this would have affected most of the Presents, but it's interesting how we've been delayed a month now and can see some of the results of it across different media, with even Rillaboom's initial raid run seemingly being delayed 1 week just to have it align with the next raid event more neatly. Since Mewtwo will end after the DLC releases, we could probably see an influx of new options for themed raid bosses, but I wonder about the original events that would have taken up the time between Mewtwo that we didn't end up seeing.

I think the Clefairy mass outbreak event on September 28 is probably the next thing scheduled on time, since it's a whole new mechanic and tied to the full moon. It's nice that the DLC mons will be made accessible in some way to regular players.

View attachment 541237
View attachment 541238

These are deliberately named differently. With the current wording (and the effects layered on the design) I think Terapagos' form is not necessarely ties to terastalizing but rather just an alternate form, whereas Terastallized State Ogerpon is some sorta special terastal mechanic (like g-maxes if you will)
Oh that's a pretty good catch

I wrote off the different aesthetics as just marking Terapagos more "special", but a Terastal Form that probably has its own gimmick that might further interact with tera would also work for that and mean the main design being pushed can actually show up in the future

View attachment 541237
View attachment 541238

Oh that's a pretty good catch

I wrote off the different aesthetics as just marking Terapagos more "special", but a Terastal Form that probably has its own gimmick that might further interact with tera would also work for that and mean the main design being pushed can actually show up in the future
If there are Terastallization forms, what exactly do they do? Like Gigantamax would give you different effects based on the type of move you used, usually being better, but what do you do with a mechanic that is a type change with improved STAB?

If there are Terastallization forms, what exactly do they do? Like Gigantamax would give you different effects based on the type of move you used, usually being better, but what do you do with a mechanic that is a type change with improved STAB?
Add some secondary effect to on-type moves, stack with a different type, further empower the super stab, etc

There's options.

What if Terapagos doesn't have to choose a Tera type? Like you just select a type when you choose to Tera it.

Balancing issues aside, the Terastal Form preview arts show it with all the type icons on the shell at once, which gives me a sense it will have less restrictive access to the mechanic and type chart than your average user in some manner at least.

The more likely and boring answer is just some bonus effects akin to "every Tera type gets 'same' STAB boost" or a higher damage floor than the 60 that non-Multi-hit weak moves get now.

Weirdly something similar happened with the Ultra Necrozma section of the big pokemon 1000 video
A few chunks that aligned up perfectly with a fan mix, but then surrounded by parts that didn't line up. I wonder if the same person handled the audio for both trailers. Once could have just been coincidence, but twice is a bit more brow-raising so to speak.
My first thought was when SSBU used a cropped piece of fanart for the Masked Man spirit and the only way you could tell was 3 pixels on his helmet

My first thought was when SSBU used a cropped piece of fanart for the Masked Man spirit and the only way you could tell was 3 pixels on his helmet
That one, and a few other sprite-based Spirits, were funny because yea the only way to peg it was by stray pixels that aligned it perfectly which pointed to them just, like, grabbing it off GIS. It wasn't even like spriters resource or anything it was deviant art!
And its like, bros, you surely have the actual sprite assets sitting around. Which they did! Because after that was caught there was silently fixing it in a later update!

Maybe who ever arranged the music for the trailers just grabbed them off youtube at random instead of being given the actual sound files to base their mixes on. It'd be fun to see how many renditions of the normal themes are secretly also based on youtube uploads that had slightly different sound mixing.

The in game model presented for Raging Bolt was so damn messy. Looks like a Lego dino lol.
Art is way better.

I bet Electric/Dragon and Steel/Ice for the paradoxes.
That is because (as always happen with models vs sprites) models are garbage and because they are in motion they need an idle pose, you know, something that acts as a "neutral" position to show the Pokémon when it is not attacking or being hit, and due to this they can't show cool models like the birds in acrobatic poses or things like typhlosion with all its flames burning in rage or hitmonlee in the middle of a jumping kick, because it'd feel strange as a model but not as a sprite.

I actually think some of the models look better than the artwork for the past couple gens because you can see them in motion or with differing lightings and so on. Iron Crown's art is cool, but seeing it in motion and swinging out its swordmane is actually pretty rad for example. Likewise while I think Dipplin looks fine in its neutral artwork & pose (which are about the same), seeing it hop in & out of the apple adds a lot of charm
In contrast I wasn't super hot on something like Bewear until seeing its model; and I didn't like Overqwil much just seeing it in the static pokedex picture but it really came alive when it could like. Move.

Seeing Raging Bolt in motion just makes you realize the head is actually extremely goofy because its raikou's head on a very long neck.
The idle pose in game will actually probably be about the same as the artwork, but we see it launching an attack and the illusion of being Super Cool is shattered. You're a clown (affectionate), RB.

https://pokemonkorea.co.kr/get_mew_mewtwo
The Korean site splits the Mewtwo event into 3 phases.

https://pokemonkorea.co.kr/Get_Mew_Mewtwo/menu332
Phase 2 cleanly notes the rewards as being EXP Candy, tera shards, the 6 vitamins (split across the 2 parts for offense and defense), and TMs (Swords Dance/Dragon Dance/Calm Mind/Nasty Plot for part 1, Light Screen/Reflect/Snarl/Struggle Bug for part 2). This will be probably the best opportunity to farm Nasty Plot TMs.
1691538172040.png

1691538178336.png

Phase 3 has a screenshot of the Mewtwo raid itself. It looks like Mewtwo is using Psystrike in what may be Psychic or Misty Terrain.
1691537796558.png

Here's some late cross promotion.
1691537743183.png

EDIT: The Japanese site has basically the same thing but has an extra video of Mewtwo using Psystrike, doing a reset, and the team losing the raid.
https://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/Get_Mew_Mewtwo/ja/
https://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/Get_Mew_Mewtwo/assets/movie/phase3.mp4
1691538941481.png

Last edited:
Screenshot from 2023-08-08 20-38-14.png

Chart from before filled in. Overall a solidly average presentation, and the percentage of main series content (37%) is higher than the well-received Feb 2022 presentation (31%).

I blame inflated expectations for this presentation's Youtube dislikes ratio being the same as Feb 2023's (both are 20% dislikes). Feb 2023 actually had at least four good reasons for people to feel disappointed afterward.

if archaludon isn't a BST rearrangement like scizor was to scyther then i don't even know what the plan is because i find it unlikely they are breaking 555 BST for a non-pseudo with a non-hindering ability. they'd need to make it basically 600 BST for a regular evolution to be meaningful anyway.

90 / 75 / 130 / 130 / 70 / 40 would make archaludon slower but otherwise more minmaxed towards defenses while still 535 BST for example
I think BST rearrangement would do. You'd think this is only happened with Scizor, but it happened recently with Kleavor! (but still, the mantis is still having its own rule)

Oh yeah don't know if anyone has brought this up yet.

Paradox Cobalion's name is Iron Crown
Calyrex just called, they want its crown back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)