Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

This time I was really lucky with the competition, 221st with a single attempt. I hope they'll keep the same tiers for future competitions too ^^

Sunday Meowth now has a pre-determined starting board.
I'm wondering whether this is an improvement or not...With a starting board like that, you are guaranteed to make a 3-combo to begin the disruption cycle, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of drawback. I'll have to try the stage and see what happens.

Now, about Articuno special stage: do we know the PSB drop rate? I spent around 5000 coins to get Po4 to SL2 (so roughly 1 PSB every 3 tries), but I'd like to know the actual odds before trying the climb to SL3.

Returning Content
Talonflame (Drops PSB's, RML's)
Camerupt Safari (Drops Exp. Boosters)
Actually, Talonflame doesn't drop RMLs^^

Next week is gonna be fun, while this week there's simply nothing to do for me. Might grind articuno a bit in the hope for an RML but articuno is... just okay I guess.

but next week?
keldeo grinding (INCREDIBLE growth rates for its ability, unluckiliy mainly useful for MSwampert teams; also 100PSB max, final level still has great effect)
Greninja grinding (Mind zap is great to grind till SL4, I think it was 40PSBs? for really nice activation rates)
mega camel comp (well RNG is the norm now I guess, so good luck everyone)

also, is greninja in the comp confirmed? they could always pull a dusknoir and take another mon, so are the event texts already known and confirm this or is it just a guess?^^

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sceptilo that was probably a copy/paste error from Articuno. Fixed, thank you. Also Greninja is the competition mon. They already pulled the Banette trick with Articuno being the Dusknoir.

-Snorlax- from my farming of Articuno (Aiming for SL3 with a possible option for SL4), I feel like the drop rate is consistent with that of the average RML drop stage for drop rates (1/2 PSB 1, 1/8 PSB 2, 1/64 RML). I can't confirm this yet, but my drop rate seems to suggest around that ballpark.

EDIT: Failed a tag. Not that it gives Sceptlio a notif for me tagging...

There's actually three weeks of updates it turns out. So I just separated the 22nd events and the 29th events in the post.

Also:

Sunday Meowth now has a pre-determined starting board.
Cool, so next week there won't be a escalation, so I'll be able to farm greninja. if the drops are good I might even go for SL4. Unless it cost hearts/the stage is too dificult

This time I was really lucky with the competition, 221st with a single attempt. I hope they'll keep the same tiers for future competitions too ^^

I'm wondering whether this is an improvement or not...With a starting board like that, you are guaranteed to make a 3-combo to begin the disruption cycle, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of drawback. I'll have to try the stage and see what happens.

Now, about Articuno special stage: do we know the PSB drop rate? I spent around 5000 coins to get Po4 to SL2 (so roughly 1 PSB every 3 tries), but I'd like to know the actual odds before trying the climb to SL3.
articuno might have the good drop rates, like uxie ones, got to SL2 real quick, dropped doubles twice for me.

Also the stage is easy with both ttar and diancie. for diancie I would even recommend spritzle to get it online faster, but whatever you carry will take it, just make only matches of 4-5 even if you don't combo at all

Last edited:
Ok, I already brought Articuno to SL3. Its drop rate is not only good, it's absolutely incredible (at least in my experience). I played the stage 40 times to get 25 PSB, spending "only" 14.800 coins. Considering that Articuno was so kind to give me 2 RML too, I think I'll make an extra effort and go to SL4 ^_^

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Kyurem EB Rewards:

Level 30: 1 Time +10
Level 40: 1 Exp. ×1.5
Level 50: 1 Mega Speedup
Level 60: 1 Disruption Delay
Level 70: 1 Exp. Booster S
Level 80: 1 Mega Start
Level 90: 1 Skill Booster S
Level 100: 1 Skill Swapper
Level 125: 1 Exp. Booster M
Level 150: 1 Mega Speedup
Level 175: 2 Skill Boosters S
Level 200: 2 Raise Max Levels
Level 250: 2 Mega Speedups
Level 300: 3 (!) Raise Max Levels

The EB is looks to be unchanged from last time. Remember that this starts on the 29th of November.

PKMN Hunter 18

Remember! Drive Smoothly!
I don't get why people would be trying to get PSBs for Articuno when its ability activates 100% of the time when making a match of 4 and it doesn't have a SS ability. Looks only good for trying to farm RMLs even though it's 400 coins a hit.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
I don't get why people would be trying to get PSBs for Articuno when its ability activates 100% of the time when making a match of 4 and it doesn't have a SS ability. Looks only good for trying to farm RMLs even though it's 400 coins a hit.
Power of 4's Damage gets boosted as it is levelled up from 1.5× to 2.25× to 2.7× to 3.15× to 3.6×. At SL5, Power of 4 has the same expected damage output as SL5 Power of 4+, taking probabilities into account. At Lv20, Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres deal 1,350 DMG on a four-match to SE targets not assuming Attack Power ↑. YMMV on whether or not it is worth it, but raising Po4 is not a pointless exercise.

It is confirmed that camerupt's comp will have greninja in the board/disruptions?
Not yet but probably ....

The only time it didn't work was the case for Dusclops (a red herring)

Finished Meloetta EB ! I did a full item run on level 200 and catch every Pokemon in the safari with 30 hearts I guess. Now back to Meowth and then Talonflame/Carracosta

Well, since I never RML kyogre or blastoise, Greninja could work as 110P water type.

if the stage is easy (like the ones they did for the dogs, Xern, yveltal, and mewtwo, I'll grind mind zap. if is a bad clone of the expert stage, I'm not sure. Medi was a exact clone and articuno was a halved clone. But articuno was easy to start with.

Also greninja stage basically forced you to have 2 NVE supports out of 5

So they confirmed though reddit that articuno is going to be the actual disruption and not greninja.

Well, I ended up brining it to SL3 since I had +90K coins. Going though those 25 PSB took me like 16K coins. At least I only failed once because something distracted me and forgot to pause. at least I was past the 50% mark, so I only lost a small chance of a PSB

Still can get the coins back at meowth right now. But I got greninja to LV13 already.

Thank godness I still can use RML MMY allowance to guaranteed crowns on articuno, but at this rate I'm going to get out of usable psychics to level up.

Just hoping that greninja is a 300 coin stage and not hearts

Turns out greninja is already in Black Friday mode. Dear god, 2 RML in 15 minutes. And that run was just after losing 2 PSB due to bad combos.
This is the first time I get big drops on RML/MSU stages

Soooo Kyurem escalation started today for the next two weeks^^
This should be great fun, since we have about 100x more and better options than last time, expecially since M-Tyranitar, the king of timed stages, is even super effective. Other new options are Risk Taker Machamp, 110AP Lucario and a whole lot of RMLable fire and fighting types (well and mawile if you like that...)

I'm around 55 at the moment, all itemless wins till now.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
New Content
Tyrantrum (Drops PSB's RML's)

Returning Content
Mega Abomasnow Competition (Bring Archeops, Tyrantrum)
Emboar (Drops PSB's)
Infernape (Drops PSB's)
Daily Pokémon #2

Future Content
Black Kyurem
Holiday Delibird (Once a Day, drops DD, MS, AP↑, Mega Speedups)
Holiday Safari
Reshiram (Drops PSB's)

Challenges
Lillipup: Base 40 Normal-type w/ Eject
Herdier: Base 50 Normal-type w/ Rock Break+
Stoutland: Base 70 Normal-type w/ Power of 4+
Holiday Pikachu: Base 50 Electric-type w/ Mega Boost+
Holiday Snover: Base 50 Ice-type w/ Mega Boost+
Holiday Vanillite: Base 40 Ice-type w/ Crowd Control
Holiday Cubchoo: Base 50 Ice-type w/ Power of 4+
---
Black Kyurem: Base 90 Dragon-type w/ Swap++
Holiday Delibird: Base 50 Ice-type w/ Stabilise++

All done. Got Tier 1 in Mega Camel, beat the Kyurem EB, got Keldeo to SL5, got Articuno, Greninja, and Moltres to SL3 and got 1 RML from Moltres sums up my three weeks.

Last edited:

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
It's a repeat yes but much easier to catch than on that stupid stage (I has S-ranked the stage but didn't catch it originally fml)

One Victini run gives you Archeops level 5, that's already something ;)

Currently grinding SB Emboar (level 3, on my way to level 4) but I have to finish the latest 50 levels of Kyurem EB ! I wont play SUN/MOON this weekend I guess :D

Unfortunately, I didn't realise that Archeops would be useful and used the Tuesday Victini for some other mons (RML'd Mewtwo and Machamp for example). Gotta wait until Saturday and grind Ampharos in the mean time. I already got Emboar to level 3, but the drop rate hasn't been too friendly to me.

Tropius grinding is fun stuff with mega beedrill. Not even 12 hours since the update and I've already earned 15k from the stage.

Bloody hell, delibird was hard today. the initial board and disruption changed, got like 2-3 board resets. Tomorrow I'm totally running mega bee.

At least I only lost a small present, unless it was something like an attack power+ (I doupt they would give again free complexities)

I guess bee should be enought to get enought space for some combo, so machamp can do something

Finally finished this week's Safari. Spent almost 40k, though in hindsight I could've saved a lot of that. Pikachu was my last capture, caught it at 26% Great Ball even though it popped out of all the Great Balls at super catch rate earlier. Back to coin grinding and maybe Reshiram...

Bloody hell, delibird was hard today. the initial board and disruption changed, got like 2-3 board resets. Tomorrow I'm totally running mega bee.

At least I only lost a small present, unless it was something like an attack power+ (I doupt they would give again free complexities)

I guess bee should be enought to get enought space for some combo, so machamp can do something
It was an Attack Power (or the 1000 coins) today: there's a fixed schedule. Reddit has it.

The Safari took two full days because I needed three encounters from Santarat to catch him (thank god for the 3DS relaunch trick or I'd be out 20k from Great Balls). And Delibird's hell board screwed me out of a MSU today. -_-

Also trying PSB grinding for the first time with Emboar. Currently SL3 on Risk Taker despite wasting a double drop on Barrier Bash.

It was an Attack Power (or the 1000 coins) today: there's a fixed schedule. Reddit has it.

The Safari took two full days because I needed three encounters from Santarat to catch him (thank god for the 3DS relaunch trick or I'd be out 20k from Great Balls). And Delibird's hell board screwed me out of a MSU today. -_-

Also trying PSB grinding for the first time with Emboar. Currently SL3 on Risk Taker despite wasting a double drop on Barrier Bash.
............................ I totally forgot the relaunch trick to avoid losing out that money spent on Great Balls. Gonna have to put a sticky on my 3DS now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)