SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Discussion

I get the feeling that Greninja-A was intentionally made to be a nerfed version. Personally i'm just glad that this new form gives him a potential out to escape the Ubers tier.

I talked to the mysterious man again (at the end of the ''boulder-road'' where you go by talking to the lady next to the slowpokes). He said he didn't have anything to give not even if I came back again.

Really loving that the day / night music variations return from DPP in this game. They make the world feel so much more alive.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Even though I knew going into the demo that I couldn't use the Dpad to move I still found it kinda weird. I like that you can pirouette and stumble. Fun little extra touches. The poses the trainers make during their defeat dialogue were fun too. Ten Carat Hill's music is nice.
DPad is ONLY used for the PokeRide options now. It cannot be used to control the player. Whether there is an option in the main game is unknown. But it seems like certain other items will also be unable to be "bound" because the Y button opens the Pokeride menu and nothing else. Unless it opens a big list of things you can use? Fishing is going to be irritating otherwise.

I keep using the DPad to move and assume its broken :(

I also feel buildings have slightly less interactivity. All tvs do nothing and you cant sit.
Yeah, I noticed this too. I hope they update some of the stuff (however unlikely that is). At least so it says "An assortment of Alola treats!" or something. Pressing A to open gates/doors is really irritating as well. Hopefully that will become second nature but yeah... Frustrating at the moment.

Sure, this is only the demo and we can't actually catch and keep Pokémon, but what happened to the PC in the Pokémon Center?

I mean... the market and cafe are there too and we can't use them either.

There is also a vending machine in the demo that we can't use...

Last edited:
Does everyone have the same Trainer ID as Sun, btw? They have switched to a 6-digit format this time around, so the Secret ID mechanics might have changed too. With them, what will most likely change is the Trainer Shiny Value mechanic.

My ID is 994038. If everyone has the same ID I will start trying to look into the meaning behind the numbers, as Gamefreak likes making special Trainer ID numbers, like those distributed in the 20th Anniversary Mythical Pokemon event.

Ash's ID is 131017, btw, which to me looks like a date. To be specific, one day after the 4-year anniversary of the worldwide launch of Pokemon X and Y. I hope it's an easter egg that actually means something...

Does everyone have the same Trainer ID as Sun, btw? They have switched to a 6-digit format this time around, so the Secret ID mechanics might have changed too. With them, what will most likely change is the Trainer Shiny Value mechanic.

My ID is 994038. If everyone has the same ID I will start trying to look into the meaning behind the numbers, as Gamefreak likes making special Trainer ID numbers, like those distributed in the 20th Anniversary Mythical Pokemon event.

Ash's ID is 131017, btw, which to me looks like a date. To be specific, one day after the 4-year anniversary of the worldwide launch of Pokemon X and Y. I hope it's an easter egg that actually means something...
I've just caught a Pikipek in the Capture Challenge and my ID as Sun seems to be 456108.

It's the date that Greninja-A was caught on according to the status screen. October 17th, 2013.

I've just caught a Pikipek in the Capture Challenge and my ID as Sun seems to be 456108.

It's the date that Greninja-A was caught on according to the status screen. October 17th, 2013.
Bleh, there goes my "date of DPPt remake" fantasy. OK so Ash obtained his Froakie 5 days after the launch of Pokemon XY. Interesting.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Bleh, there goes my "date of DPPt remake" fantasy. OK so Ash obtained his Froakie 5 days after the launch of Pokemon XY. Interesting.
It's the date where ash caught froakie in the anime.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/XY002
Lumiose City Pursuit! (Japanese: メガシンカとプリズムタワー!Mega Evolution and the Prism Tower!) is the second episode of theXY series, and the 801st episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on October 17, 2013

[...]
  • Ash catches the Froakie he befriended.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Just ocurred to mind, is it possible to substitute Greninja by "Sending back to wild" in the catching contest?

Also, how do you get to see the new alolan form in the overworld?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Just ocurred to mind, is it possible to substitute Greninja by "Sending back to wild" in the catching contest?

Also, how do you get to see the new alolan form in the overworld?
No. You can't do this. It says "This Pokemon is not allowed to do that" or something to that effect. Not sure on the Alolan Dugtrio yet, No one seems 100% sure how you activate it.

On the plus side, got my Pretty Wings (yay?).

Reactions: nv
Seriously I think this d-pad thing is a glitch, why is it that the d-pad works for every single thing except for standard walking? This better be available in the option menus with the official game comes out or I'm going to be mildly upset, I don't feel comfortable using my circle pad for anything lol.

Last edited:
The only way I can see this NOT being in the options is if they decided to make the D-pad the quick select buttons (for like the bike and fishing rod)

THis has probably been asked a lot already, but have Ash-Greninja's base stats been calculated yet?

Also, don't bet on D-pad movement. They're clearly focusing on analog movement now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)