SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

That's why I much prefer the theorymon assuming how well they'll do in OU instead of Ubers, which is an extremely closed and defined meta.
To be fair expecially for the first couple weeks it'll be a shitshow of unbalanced shit until at very least Genesect and Kyu-B go back to Ubers

My point in the end here, is that it's very difficult to tell a well-excucted fake from a real, if weird leak. There's been such a variety of strange fakes, bizzare leaks, and anything inbetween in the past 2 and a half decades of Pokemon that I think trying to play detective to prove if these horses are real or not might be a fool's erand. They're either the real deal, or leaks executed well enough that it's not really possible to tell, which has happened MANY times in this fandom's existance!

So really, nothing in this thread is convincing me one way or the other about these things. We'll find out in two days thankfully, so it won't be too agonizing a wait!
Yea, real or not, fake or not, we're all having fun discussing all those leaks, and it's thanks to them we are feeding our hype last days for this portion of game to come out.

So I am late to this discussion, but it would bug me not to weigh in. This is in reply to most models and most recent Pokemon being lifeless compared to sprites. I will say I both agree and disagree with that.

Most models these days are mainly seen in their idle battle modes and as such the Pokemon aren't moving that much. However, I do think the Pokemon themselves show their personalities in the hard to see idle animations and in the single player. Most likely they were made with the Pokemon Amie/Refresh/Camp minigames in mind where you actually see the Pokemon's more characteristic animations and emotes. In these modes, the models start showing that personality the Pokemon had in the sprite days (although honestly it depends on your definition of personality as some sprite animations don't give me a "full of life" type feel). However, we are still a far cry from the console models we had in like Battle Revolution and the Gamecube games which I want them to come back to eventually. But even now, I don't think all Pokemon models are life less and such. Pokemon like Incineroar, Gengar, Cinderace, Scorbunny, Intelleon, Rillaboom, Tapu Koko, etc all have base models that really give them life (as their movements and expressions help this). But then you get to the travesty that are the flying Pokemon who were all made to be flying for that dumb as hell Sky Battle mechanic and never changed back as a such you get things like Skarmory, Xatu and Salamence who look so damn static in the air when they all look much better on the ground. (You will never convince me that Salamence looks more threatening in the air). So I do agree that in battle, many models can look a bit too static and at time lifeless, but I disagree that they lack any life to them at all as Pokemon do have more animations outside of battle. Still want a return to the Gamecube/WII Pokemon format though.

While I have no interest in the "State of the Franchise" ordeal as it has been done to deal and neither side brings anything new to the table and thus it becomes bitching for the sake of bitching and no discussion is being made (Honestly, opinions on Gen 7 differ, but like The Pokemon Company made 1 huge mistake with Gen 8, imho, it's not the end of the world. I also don't like blaming everything on GF when it is clear they were rushed by TPC as a whole). I will say that I stll do like a lot of recent Pokemon designs as many of them do have multiple inspirations and while some can be overly simplistic, I feel that said Pokemon are still appealing to a point. (If the Ghost Horse is real, I do have my gripes, but I don't think it's terrible). I've never been on the camp of "The New Pokemon are Shit" and never will be as there are always Pokemon I like or dislike just like with every generation. Seeing as this conversation is moving on from this to stats, I'll apologize for derailing.

"Y llegamos al punto álgido de esta segunda parte del Pase de Expansión de Pokémon Espada y Escudo: las Aventuras Dinamax. Para quienes hayáis jugado a Pokémon Esmeralda y recordéis el Frente de Batalla, estamos ante una evolución modernizada de la Sierpe Batalla. Esta vez en línea, en cooperativo, pero con unas reglas realmente parecidas. Aquí el fenómeno Dinamax vuelve a ser el leitmotiv, solo que los desafíos los completamos en compañía con un equipo totalmente aleatorio donde cada integrante tiene un solo Pokémon. En cierto momento de la aventura podremos acceder a este modo en el que, al contrario que las incursiones de Galar, podremos jugar con hasta cuatro personas, tanto amigos como desconocidos, para encadenar enfrentamientos con Pokémon Dinamax hasta llegar al final, donde nos espera un Legendario Dinamax."

For those who have played Pokémon Emerald and remember the Battle Frontier, what we got here is a modern evolution of the Battle Pike, this time on-line, but with familiar rules. [...]

"
Las reglas son sencillas de entender: un tablero inicial presentará diferentes rutas y, de cada ruta, aparecerán varias ramas para seguir avanzando. Para avanzar hay que ganar combates, aunque el daño se mantiene y, si muere uno de los integrantes, toca volver a empezar. En total hay cuatro enfrentamientos: los tres previos contra criaturas Dinamax de las que solo conoceremos el tipo antes de empezar (a no ser que identifiquéis la silueta) y el Legendario final. La particularidad de las Aventuras Dinamax es que con cada enfrentamiento completado tendremos un banco de intercambio de Pokémon, así que al terminar el combate podremos elegir si seguir con nuestro equipo actual o quedarnos con el que hayamos capturado."

Its rules are very simple in nature: an initial layout will present different routes for you to choose, and from each one of them, several branches will appear in order to progress. To keep advancing you'll have to win battles, altho the damage the members have sustained up to that point remains. If one of the group members faint, the entire group needs to restart. There are 4 fights in total: the first 3 that we have to clear in order to get to the Legendary Pokémon, and whose mons we don't know anything but the type (unless you are able to identify their silouette), and the final clash with the Legendary itself. The particularity in Dynamax Adventure is that after each sucesfully completed showdown you'll be granted the option to interchange your actual Pokémon or stay with your present team.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Don't judge me on the translation, is actually x10 difficult to translate from spanish to english than viceversa. Maybe it was already known but I did not know about the entire party wipe if one of the members gets defeated during the raid. That's interesting to me.

Source.

"Y llegamos al punto álgido de esta segunda parte del Pase de Expansión de Pokémon Espada y Escudo: las Aventuras Dinamax. Para quienes hayáis jugado a Pokémon Esmeralda y recordéis el Frente de Batalla, estamos ante una evolución modernizada de la Sierpe Batalla. Esta vez en línea, en cooperativo, pero con unas reglas realmente parecidas. Aquí el fenómeno Dinamax vuelve a ser el leitmotiv, solo que los desafíos los completamos en compañía con un equipo totalmente aleatorio donde cada integrante tiene un solo Pokémon. En cierto momento de la aventura podremos acceder a este modo en el que, al contrario que las incursiones de Galar, podremos jugar con hasta cuatro personas, tanto amigos como desconocidos, para encadenar enfrentamientos con Pokémon Dinamax hasta llegar al final, donde nos espera un Legendario Dinamax."

For those who have played Pokémon Emerald and remember the Battle Frontier, what we got here is a modern evolution of the Battle Pike, this time on-line, but with familiar rules. [...]

"
Las reglas son sencillas de entender: un tablero inicial presentará diferentes rutas y, de cada ruta, aparecerán varias ramas para seguir avanzando. Para avanzar hay que ganar combates, aunque el daño se mantiene y, si muere uno de los integrantes, toca volver a empezar. En total hay cuatro enfrentamientos: los tres previos contra criaturas Dinamax de las que solo conoceremos el tipo antes de empezar (a no ser que identifiquéis la silueta) y el Legendario final. La particularidad de las Aventuras Dinamax es que con cada enfrentamiento completado tendremos un banco de intercambio de Pokémon, así que al terminar el combate podremos elegir si seguir con nuestro equipo actual o quedarnos con el que hayamos capturado."

Its rules are very simple in nature: an initial layout will present different routes for you to choose, and from each one of them, several branches will appear in order to progress. To keep advancing you'll have to win battles, altho the damage the members have sustained up to that point remains. If one of the group members faint, the entire group needs to restart. There are 4 fights in total: the first 3 that we have to clear in order to get to the Legendary Pokémon, and whose mons we don't know anything but the type (unlike you are able to identify their silouette), and the final clash with the Legendary itself. The particularity in Dynamax Adventure is that after each sucesfully completed showdown you'll be granted the option to interchange your actual Pokémon or stay with your present team.
What percentage of this was information we didn't already know from official sources? I'd hazard a guess that we either already knew everything here or we were very close.

"

Its rules are very simple in nature: an initial layout will present different routes for you to choose, and from each one of them, several branches will appear in order to progress. To keep advancing you'll have to win battles, altho the damage the members have sustained up to that point remains. If one of the group members faint, the entire group needs to restart. There are 4 fights in total: the first 3 that we have to clear in order to get to the Legendary Pokémon, and whose mons we don't know anything but the type (unlike you are able to identify their silouette), and the final clash with the Legendary itself. The particularity in Dynamax Adventure is that after each sucesfully completed showdown you'll be granted the option to interchange your actual Pokémon or stay with your present team.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Don't judge me on the translation, is actually x10 difficult to translate from spanish to english than viceversa. Maybe it was already known but I did not know about the entire party wipe if one of the members gets defeated during the raid. That's interesting to me.

Source.
Man....it's a good thing the Legends have 100% catch rate as this could easily go from just difficult to tedious and not very fun lol

What percentage of this was information we didn't already know from official sources? I'd hazard a guess that we either already knew everything here or we were very close.
As I said, probably the point that confirms the entire party wipe if one of the members get defeated it battle, which is unlike any other Raid Battle until now, to the point I'm seriously debating if it isn't an error. Haven't seen an official source on this matter, so to me these are interesting news regarding in-game dinamics.

So the players DON'T get to share whichever Pokémon are caught?

This is the kind of thing that makes me hope you can do it with AI trainers. It just won't end well.

So the players DON'T get to share whichever Pokémon are caught?

This is the kind of thing that makes me hope you can do it with AI trainers. It just won't end well.
What you mean is if there's an actual "deck" of mons from which everyone can change their current Pokémon?

I can easily imagine that it won't necessarily be the Pokemon you just beat that you get offered an exchange of, so it won't be like the Battle Factory; instead you each get offered a new Pokemon which you can accept or decline. Between the need to heal and the fact the starting mons look worse than the swap ones, I would imagine that swapping will usually be the correct choice unless you have a very favourable matchup with the end legendary. GF makes weird choices sometimes, but I can't imagine they're so stupid as to create a four-battle gauntlet where one player is given a shitmon and is just stuck with it for the whole thing while the other players get to upgrade and heal.

EDIT: It would appear that they are in fact that stupid. Not only is one person stuck with a shitmon for the entire raid but that person probably won't even get the legendary at the end.

I'm very interested to see how practical it is to scout for specific legends; I imagine there might be a common issue with people leaving an adventure if it doesn't have the specific legendary they want.

EDIT: Also moderately worried about the difficulty of the final legendary fight if you're required to not lose a single Pokemon.

Last edited:
That also tracks with the official footage we've seen of Galarian Articuno flying around the world too.

Edit: also in case you were somehow still on the fence about the datamine from back in the summer (despite the Ability Patch being part of it) then the VG247 article has the paragraph about the birbs titled "A Legendary Tree for a Legendary Three", which is word for word what one of the titlecards says.

About the Galarian Star Tournament, I really hope that the pokémon's levels are capped, like PWT style. Otherwise it's just copy&paste from the regular champion title defense, where you bring 6 lv100 mons and steamroll the lv60s entire competition.
They say it is content for those who completed the main game story, IoA and Tundra stories and it is supposed to be the hardest challenge in game...let's hope.

About the Galarian Star Tournament, I really hope that the pokémon's levels are capped, like PWT style. Otherwise it's just copy&paste from the regular champion title defense, where you bring 6 lv100 mons and steamroll the lv60s entire competition.
They say it is content for those who completed the main game story, IoA and Tundra stories and it is supposed to be the hardest challenge in game...let's hope.
Mustard & Honey's teams are in the 70s so I'm guessing that'll be the approximate range for the Stars Tournament. Maybe dig into the 80s.

Which yes does mean you'll sweep through with a team of level 100s but not everyone has a team of level 100s to sweep with.

Mustard & Honey's teams are in the 70s so I'm guessing that'll be the approximate range for the Stars Tournament. Maybe dig into the 80s.

Which yes does mean you'll sweep through with a team of level 100s but not everyone has a team of level 100s to sweep with.
EXP. Candy XL: *exists*

Did you notice the legendary raids show the pokemon's silhouette (which is good) shrouded in smokes, but reveal only one of it's typing (which sucks)

EXP. Candy XL: *exists*

Did you notice the legendary raids show the pokemon's silhouette (which is good) shrouded in smokes, but reveal only one of it's typing (which sucks)
Have we seen the legendary silhouette? I thought we could see the silhouette for the path Pokemon, but not the legendary itself.

Have we seen the legendary silhouette? I thought we could see the silhouette for the path Pokemon, but not the legendary itself.
The final pokémon is hidden in heavy smokes. I'm no sure if what I saw was the top of mewtwo's head or I was influenced by the "psychic" type icon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)