SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

I wonder what kind of cores I can form around Obstagoon...

Hatterene seems like it would make for a good partner since it scares off Fighting-types and can whittle away targets that Goon can't OHKO, but neither is particularly fast. Dragapult might also be interesting; it can Baton Pass Dragon Dance boosts that Goon appreciates and switch into attempted Fighting attacks with its immunity. They both share a weakness to Fairy though so perhaps Corviknight would be a good third?

I'm excited to explore the possibilities! :>
DD+BP Dragapult would've been broken. Thankfully, and unfortunately, there's baton pass clause.

DD+BP Dragapult would've been broken. Thankfully, and unfortunately, there's baton pass clause.
Only for simulator play, though! I still do play competitively both in-game via Battle Spot and in local tournaments (my city's got a decently-active competitive scene thankfully) so I wanna keep up my gimmick of having a "mascot" Pokemon that I use on most teams and just find a way to make it as viable as possible, lol

With a set of Facade, Knock-Off, Gunk Shot, and Close Combat it can probably take on most of the things that could otherwise threaten it once DDance is passed, but I'm a tad disappointed it doesn't get Play Rough to cover its Fighting-type weakness. Wack that Copperjah gets it but Goon, who evolves from the zany and playful Zigzagoon, doesn't.

With a set of Facade, Knock-Off, Gunk Shot, and Close Combat it can probably take on most of the things that could otherwise threaten it once DDance is passed, but I'm a tad disappointed it doesn't get Play Rough to cover its Fighting-type weakness. Wack that Copperjah gets it but Goon, who evolves from the zany and playful Zigzagoon, doesn't.
Facade does more than playrough does to most fighting types. 140 x 1.5 = 210bp vs 90 x 2 = 180bp. Facade is so ridiculously strong, even gunkshot isn't really needed, would probably run substitute for status and for all these strength sap users. Either way, Obstagoon is looking to be the best guts abuser ever outside of Conkeldurr, no switchins.

With the death of special attacking birds everywhere, Charizard will finally hold his rightful place as the king of Hurricane spam on Rain!
Are you forgetting about our Lord and Savior Cramorant?

But in all seriousness, Noivern, Pelipper, and Mantine are probably better rain options than Charizard. Hell, Noctowl is probably a better rain option than Charizard.

Facade does more than playrough does to most fighting types. 140 x 1.5 = 210bp vs 90 x 2 = 180bp. Facade is so ridiculously strong, even gunkshot isn't really needed, would probably run substitute for status and for all these strength sap users. Either way, Obstagoon is looking to be the best guts abuser ever outside of Conkeldurr, no switchins.
Oh that's true, I didn't even think to factor in Facade's signature boost, haha!

It's also one of the only three Dark-types left that get STAB Knock-Off, so switching in is gonna be scary as heck for most opponents. You either lose your item or you lose most of your HP!

Actually, I was memeing at first, but now that Tornadus and Chansey are gone, Noctowl actually seems kinda scary. I can't think of many things that want to take a Tinted Lens Hurricane, boosted by either Choice Specs or Nasty Plot.

It's also one of the only three Dark-types left that get STAB Knock-Off
Until Home drops and we can transfer all the old Knock Off Darks up.

Until Home drops and we can transfer all the old Knock Off Darks up.
Yup yup! Wonder when that will be, though...

Bank wasn't up and running til February after XY launched, and GameFreak has yet to announce a release date for Home beyond "2020." Hope it doesn't take too too long, and that they don't charge too much for it--if it's anything more than Bank's $5 per year surcharge I'll be bummed.

Does anyone know if dynamaxed pokemon can hit through protect? Also, can they be whirlwinded out? Reading about how menacing stuff like dyno gyarados is and trying to think of better counters than just tank and hope to survive.

Jokes aside, Rain Charizard might actually be serviceable in Doubles/VGC where Toxapex is a non-issue, similar to some past rain teams that have used Volcarona. You can even use the Gigantamax to one-shot Ferro in the rain without interfering with the weather. There aren't very many offensive Flying-types to worry about in Galar so I wouldn't surprised if most teams leave themselves weak to double Hurricane spam from Pelipper + Zard.

I'm looking forward to figuring out these new Terrain setters. Male Indeedee has just enough SpA to pull of the Scarf + Unburden Acid Spray Accelgor combo similar to Lele, and even packs Mystical Fire to threaten Ferro, while Female Indeedee can use Psychic Terrain + Follow Me to allow easy setup for its partner that's very difficult to disrupt. Galar Weezing with Misty Surge unfortunately can't really use WoW and doesn't otherwise benefit from status immunity in the same way Fini did, so not sure how best to take advantage of that. Pincurchin is pretty wack, I guess it disrupts the other Terrains and might do something with a TR team? Sleep immunity is very situational now that all the good Spore users are gone.

Also why can't Pincurchin learn Spiky Shield? GF pls

I had to take a look at one of my favorite Pokemon designs: Hydreigon.

It's a shame that it lost Roost but the new setup moves in Dragon Dance (and Nasty Plot) are interesting.
It's base speed has always been a little unfortunate (98) but it really hates fairies and it's fast enough to get the jump on many at +1.
Iron Tail has great base power and unfortunate accuracy but it's available for coverage along with the much weaker Steel Wing.
I'm guessing there will be some tier in which a straightforward DD set with Dark Stab + Dragon Stab + Steel Coverage will do a decent job sweeping.

With it's high SpA, Nasty Plot, decent speed and great special movepool it could see it working as a good wallbreaker too.
There's Flash Cannon for Fairies along with Dracometeor (presumably) Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse.

i was trying to catch zacian, damn thing has sword dance right off the bat. almost swept my team

yeh this thing is going to be a huge freaking issue in ubers especially with no big fat red primal boi to stop it running amok

thank god eternatus has a shallow movepool

they really need to stop making broken shit and then crying "BALANCE"

Does anyone know if dynamaxed pokemon can hit through protect? Also, can they be whirlwinded out? Reading about how menacing stuff like dyno gyarados is and trying to think of better counters than just tank and hope to survive.
1. Dynamax punches through protect dealing 25% damage just like Z-moves
2. Cannot be forced out apparently, just like how they are immune to flinch

So for those double battle lovers... potentially scary under the radar combo:

Unburden Liechi Berry Acrobatics Hawlucha

Paired with Teatime Polteageist

(Anyone know if Teatime has speed priority?)
That sounds much more viable than the singles Unburden set I came up with that abuses Hawlucha's new toys in Endure and Reversal.

Who would have guessed a little haunted teapot would have so much potential? I guess the design should have tipped us off. After all, the pot is literally broken.
:bloblul:

I hope that Dracovish ends up being decent as well; it's my fave design of the fossils and I really love its potential utility with both Water Absorb and eventually Sand Rush. Gonna be resetting a bunch for a good nature in-game; at least fossils are guaranteed 3IV at the lowest so I won't have to drive myself crazy grinding for Bottle Caps.
Dracovish is one of my favorites as well. Have to admit I was extremely disappointed that it couldn't learn Dragon Dance, but the signature move re-energized me, and I'm determined to make it work on some level.

Currently unsure whether to soft reset for Adamant/Jolly or Water Absorb/Strong Jaw. Although since we can change them I guess it doesn't matter too much.

By the way for those who are playing the game right now, can you confirm what would happen if you use Transform on a Max Pokemon? Fail or transform to base form or (unlikely) max?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)