SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

A lot of spectral horses are described as not having hooves, having their hooves be obscured by shadow, etc. If real, it's actually a really clever nod to the original myths.

... Yes, I'm the only person on Smogon who likes both Calyrex and Spectrier. Gimme my Shadow Rider.
I'm a big calyrex fan. Probably one of my favorite legend designs in general, not just Galar.
I think the horses are nice, too, but I don't feel strongly about them. Using Rapidash and...Mudsdale, probably, as a base doesn't really phase me since they have enough of their own identity.

Look regardless of whether this turns out to be real or not there's no denying OP made themselves look really fuckin suspicious multiple times for no reason
There is probably a reason, it's just stupid: it keeps engagement going and eyes on the op for hours and hours at a time as they drop leak breadcrumbs behind them

I'm pretty sure as S. Court has brought up, centro is an attention seeking asshole, so being able to spread out the sought after attention is probably their bread and butter.

Oh my, if only someone would have warned about the fact this account makes legit leaks...
People recognized that, but given the account's... pomp, and the huge similarities to existing renders, it was (and still is) entirely reasonable to suspect that these leaks are fake. This isn't the first time a leaker has released legit information, only to then use that credibility to bamboozle people with fake leaks.

A lot of spectral horses are described as not having hooves, having their hooves be obscured by shadow, etc. If real, it's actually a really clever nod to the original myths.

... Yes, I'm the only person on Smogon who likes both Calyrex and Spectrier. Gimme my Shadow Rider.
Listen, I’m the birk who first suggested the Scinfaxi/Hrimfaxi theory. And I cannot name one horse from folklore that is specifically missing ankles in this fashion. If the goal was to show it floating or bleeding into shade, there are certainly methods that look less like the work of an eraser tool.

See also: Landorus-T (cloudy feet) and Mega Gengar (swimming in shadow).

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
People recognized that, but given the account's... pomp, and the huge similarities to existing renders, it was (and still is) entirely reasonable to suspect that these leaks are fake. This isn't the first time a leaker has released legit information, only to then use that credibility to bamboozle people with fake leaks.
Ooor Centro Pokemon is just an attention seeker and you guys ended being paranoid because of that... Yeah, it's easier to explain that way tbh

I'm a bit disappointed we won't be able to resurrect the fossils properly in crown tundra. I know it's a joke about British paleontologists having no idea what dinosaurs were in early paleontology but having a raptor pokemon would be nice

i was never paranoid because of centro being centro (although they saying they've known about this since june is definitely a lie, wether these leaks are real or not), but what threw me off were some of the akward qualities on the renders, and the cape thing i noticed on calyrex (but then i noticed calyrex's cape is actually gray on the inside, so that was no longer an argument) and the updated hd models just makes me thing centro / the leaker just messed up when exporting the model in the first place, as well as a couple more inconsistencies. that being said, getting the legendary birds and calyrex almost perfectly right seems like way too much for a fake leak so i do think it's real now, but it still makes me question how they have a fucking 3d model / render of the horses but not actual in-game screens or footage...? did their leaker have that much insider info that they were able to snatch a render along the way? did the leaker hack into something from nintendo / game freak? i legit have no idea, or heck, i wouldn't even write thiss off as being just a ridiculously high effort fake that somehow managed to get every detail right for calyrex and the birds on a 3d render... im totally clueless right now!

lmao guess this serves me right

(this is the part where everyone is obligated to laugh at me)
In your defense, if you haven’t screamed “FAKE” at any Pokémon reveal or leak in the last 25 years, can you really call yourself a true Pokémon fan?

I’m not too bothered by the ghost horse missing it’s ankles. To me, it seems like a design choice to illustrate something that is unnaturally fast and, well, spectral. I am curious to see how it moves when it follows you around the CT.

Finally caught up.

The horses are sick, and I guess we finally know why Calyrex's legs are so long.

As for the amusing leak discussions... They look like Rapidash because they used it as their base. The reasons for GF doing it are very obvious and while it could be perceived as lazy, it really isn't. No need to reinvent the wheel. A horse is a horse, why make an entirely new bone structure when you have a perfectly suitable base to build upon?

It's like reusing animations. It's industry standard and a very good idea in most cases. Unless they're low quality or you're specifically telling players you're making new ones, nothing wrong with that.

Ghost Horse is obviously the winner here. The typing is not only obviously a lot better than Ice defensively, but Ghost is also very good offensively. More importantly, y'all remember how bad Kyurem-B's movepool was?

Even with a cool (pun-intended) signature move, I fully expect the Ice Horse to struggle with coverage. High Horsepower is almost a given, but what else can one realistically expect?

Still like it better tho. I don't care how you justify it, the missing, Bongo Bongo-esque ankles of Spooky Edgy Horse just look weird. Cool Horse got a mask, the other one could've followed suit instead of that.

Listen, I’m the birk who first suggested the Scinfaxi/Hrimfaxi theory. And I cannot name one horse from folklore that is specifically missing ankles in this fashion. If the goal was to show it floating or bleeding into shade, there are certainly methods that look less like the work of an eraser tool.

See also: Landorus-T (cloudy feet) and Mega Gengar (swimming in shadow).
I'm still a subscriber of the Hrimfaxi theory, and apparently, the Centro leaks are not. If they followed that theory, we'd get something like Fairy/Fire and Dark/Ice horses instead.

Another thing that bothers me: it's very possible that the trailers already revealed that base Calyrex has a signature attack:
Is that move animation that Calyrex is using new?
Doesn't look like any of the moves I've seen so far.

Then again, Calyrex is the DLC's ""restricted"" most likely, and them having signature moves is pretty standard by now. I at least hope it doesn't end up being a clone of Necrozma's or another "normal hit with mold breaker" and actually does something cool.
Does someone here possibly recognize trailer Calyrex's attack, or is this something the leaks suspiciously missed?

Ghost Horse is obviously the winner here. The typing is not only obviously a lot better than Ice defensively, but Ghost is also very good offensively. More importantly, y'all remember how bad Kyurem-B's movepool was?
I am hopeful. This is the generation that introduced Triple Axel and TM Icicle Spear.

Another thing that bothers me: it's very possible that the trailers already revealed that base Calyrex has a signature attack:

Does someone here possibly recognize trailer Calyrex's attack, or is this something the leaks suspiciously missed?
I am pretty darn confident it was Expanding Force. I don't know why this idea took off in the first place.

My hot take about the horses is that either way I'll probably like the outcome, because:
1) If these horses are real, then I'll laugh at the horses since the renders look funky as hell, but will probably end up liking them in-game like most Pokémon once I can actually use them. Their leaked information is enough to make me want to try it. Their designs have the same Pokémon funk that I like to see.
Or
2): If these horses are fake, then I'll laugh at the leaker, because after all the stringing along just to show decent renders they will be dunked on. Claiming you knew more in June and waited until a few days before it released to reveal it is odd, especially when you state that "there is no way to contain this" If there is no way to contain it, then why not say it! lmao people would have been hyped over knowing more in June or really anytime, not only a few days before release. Also, another lmao at this person for confirming another game in 2021, kinda expected to see another game after the DLC finished but its cool to see a tweet confirming it. No need that there is a source or any details about it, just a tweet. thanks a bunch. :blobthumbsup:

I get the idea of protecting sources for leaks, but come on,,, people expect another Pokémon game in 2021, if you are going to confirm it give us something more than "they will release a game in 2021." It does not make your leaks more believable to add that in, and does not add any more hype to your leaks.

As a aside, is there any other third party confirmation of the leaks out there? I would think that since Crown Tundra is so close to release someone else would be able to confirm something or have similar information, but everything i've seen is sourced from this one leaker.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I am pretty darn confident it was Expanding Force. I don't know why this idea took off in the first place.
Not quite

20201022_003347.jpg

Screenshot_20201022-003325_YouTube.jpg

Calyrex's move starts out as blue and only forms bubbles at the end of the animation, on the very outline of the circles. Meanwhile Expanding Force stays pink throught and has bubbles in all of its animation, from the center of the circle to outside of it. They also have different shades of pink

Edit: There's also the fact this clip was shown right after a bunch of returning legends using their signature moves.

Last edited:
Not quite

View attachment 283649
View attachment 283650

Calyrex's move starts out as blue and only forms bubbles at the end of the animation, on the very outline of the circles. Meanwhile Expanding Force stays pink throught and has bubbles in all of its animation, from the center of the circle to outside of it. They also have different shades of pink

Edit: There's also the fact this clip was shown right after a bunch of returning legends using their signature moves.
I might be wrong, but this kinda looks like Psyshock.

When it comes to leaks, it's better to remain skeptical than to lean fully toward real or fake. That way you don't risk looking like an idiot. Until an official source confirms or denies a crucial part of a leak, nothing is certain.
I think Joe Merrick also summed this up as well:

We have information to go on, but there is nothing more to prove whether or not the leak is real. There is nothing more than the leak itself available to determine if the leak is accurate, so it's best to remain skeptical until something can be definitively confirmed.

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
When it comes to leaks, it's better to remain skeptical than to lean fully toward real or fake. That way you don't risk looking like an idiot. Until an official source confirms or denies a crucial part of a leak, nothing is certain.
Even when you have some fair points, I'll have to disagree with that because of a reason: Centro Pokemon has a big amount of members, mostly in Latin American community, and as I have mentioned, this guy has quite a bad reputation by his personality. He just can't give himself the chance to publish fake leaks just to laugh at his community and lose whatever remains of his reputation as a reliable source. What does he win publishing fake leaks? It just doesn't make any sense.

There is the possibility that someone contacted him and gave him some fake leaks and published them, playing the fool in the process but... Idk, it seems like an unlikely scenary imo.

Nothing is certain? Sure, but knowing a bit about this guy and his community, I see no reason at all that makes he publishes fake leaks.

I definitely lean toward the idea of these being real as what do you get out of working hard on these assuming that in two days time they’ll be completely invalidated. The bug/dragon was released well before any of the new Pokémon besides the starters were shown iirc, so there was over half a year for that rumor to circulate before ultimately being proven false.

I’m not super impressed by the designs as with a lot of the new Pokémon as I tend to prefer their illustrated designs more than the 3D rendering, but I think I’ll like them more once I can use them, especially if they’re interesting and not straightforward in battle. Unless of course it’s all false.

I definitely lean toward the idea of these being real as what do you get out of working hard on these assuming that in two days time they’ll be completely invalidated. The bug/dragon was released well before any of the new Pokémon besides the starters were shown iirc, so there was over half a year for that rumor to circulate before ultimately being proven false.

I’m not super impressed by the designs as with a lot of the new Pokémon as I tend to prefer their illustrated designs more than the 3D rendering, but I think I’ll like them more once I can use them, especially if they’re interesting and not straightforward in battle. Unless of course it’s all false.
You mean fooling the entire community into believing a pack of lies and the payoff of seeing their reaction when it is revealed to be fake? I would expect those responsible to get a ton of satisfaction out of that, even with the con going for only a couple of days. The Bug/Dragon person/people (who put out the video showing the process less than a month after posting the video) did.

i was never paranoid because of centro being centro (although they saying they've known about this since june is definitely a lie, wether these leaks are real or not), but what threw me off were some of the akward qualities on the renders, and the cape thing i noticed on calyrex (but then i noticed calyrex's cape is actually gray on the inside, so that was no longer an argument) and the updated hd models just makes me thing centro / the leaker just messed up when exporting the model in the first place, as well as a couple more inconsistencies. that being said, getting the legendary birds and calyrex almost perfectly right seems like way too much for a fake leak so i do think it's real now, but it still makes me question how they have a fucking 3d model / render of the horses but not actual in-game screens or footage...? did their leaker have that much insider info that they were able to snatch a render along the way? did the leaker hack into something from nintendo / game freak? i legit have no idea, or heck, i wouldn't even write thiss off as being just a ridiculously high effort fake that somehow managed to get every detail right for calyrex and the birds on a 3d render... im totally clueless right now!
They have the models because the mobile version of Pokemon Home contains them.

Let's not get our hopes up here: realistically, the regis will have no coverage, and be slow frail mixed attackers
Eh if we go by the original Regi trio they're going to have Superpower / Hammer Arm + Explosion + Curse at the minimum which is pretty decent paired with special Electric or physical Dragon. Also if on par with the Regi trio they're probably going to have decent 80 / 100 / 100 bulk (worst of all Regis) and either 200 in their particular offensive stats or 150 / 150 each. Imo 200 makes way more sense considering they're obviously special / physical attackers and the Dragon Regi's Pokedex literally says it has the strongest Dragon attacks ever.

Also it's been suggested that Transistor / Dragon's Maw boost their respective STABs so it's not out of the realm of possibility that they buff the STAB further. I'd be surprised if they have more than 50 speed each but that's fine, more than enough to run circles around defensive mons and probably enough bulk to eat up a few offensive hits or at worst trade 1-1 against HO.

Just imagine if the Regis get base 200 offense and a Sheer Force style boost to their offenses.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Regieleki Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 337-397 (47.1 - 55.6%) -- 75.4% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Regieleki Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Ferrothorn: 192-226 (54.5 - 64.2%)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Regieleki Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 644-758 (211.8 - 249.3%)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Regieleki Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 92 SpD Amoonguss: 235-277 (54.5 - 64.2%)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Regieleki Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Heat: 207-243 (68.3 - 80.1%)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Regieleki Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 211-249 (52.2 - 61.6%)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Regieleki Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 325-384 (100.3 - 118.5%)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Regieleki Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Hydreigon: 239-282 (73.5 - 86.7%)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Regieleki Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rillaboom: 293-345 (85.9 - 101.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

It might be a much more modest 150 attack and 150 sp attack but imo that wouldn't make sense. Why would both regis get 150 attack? I'm expecting something crazy. Oh and if they really are base 200 + Sheer Force style bonus with 50 base speed they'll make Trick Room pretty scary for HO to deal with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)