Power to the Pokemon!

Introduction:
Well this is just a team that popped up in my head. I got bored, so I got online and popped open the Smogon Analysis of the Pokemon. I began putting down Pokemon, their Defense, Special Defense, Attack, and Special Attack. Then I pulled out these 6 Pokemon and got their movesets. Hope you enjoy. Also, don't forget to leave some comments and hopefully some constructive critisism.

Roles of Pokemon in Light Blue.
Testing is in Orange.
Comments on testing are in Light Green.
All official changes are in Purple.

Overview of Team:

In-Depth Look:
Lead:

Aerodactyl (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

This is your average Aerodactyl. I was looking at Azelf's speed. It was ok, but the fact that I couldn't OHKO T-Tar with Explosion sort of turned me off. This sorta puts a wrap to many leads. Focus Sash to survive hits to get SR up. EVs are for speed, because I want to outrun the best I can, attack is for the EQ and RS, and Hp because I didn't know where else to place the EVs. Jolly to again, try to outrun although, whenever I ladder and someone uses a Crobat and use Hypnosis, they always attack first. Maybe it's because I challenged them, I don't know, but always. Taunt for taunting, should they be using Azelf, I can SR first then hit with Slides, hoping for hax and possibly a live Aero with 1 pokemon down. EQ is for filler. I was thinking of running a Swampert set of the following:

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Jolly nature/Adament Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Curse/Ice Fang
-Waterfall
-Earthquake

Currently Testing: Nothing

Not Testing the Above. Leaving this the same until further comments.

-:~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~:-

Baton Passer:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/80 Atk/176 Spd
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- Substitute/Recover
- Seed Bomb

I'm trying a Physical Pass. Hopefully passing it to Scizor as my first option, then Staraptor as my 2nd option. Moves are pretty standard, not sure about speed. I followed the set they showed on Smogon, but I think I might as well move the attack EVs to Speed and get maxed out speed with 4 EVs in attack. 101 HPs is possibly by 252 HP EVs, so I'd like to keep that. I was thinking about trying a Defensive set, with passing a leech seed, but not really sure of that yet. Since passing a leech seed could help better, since Scizor already has Sword Dance.

Currently Testing: Recover

Trying Recover over Substitute.

Psuendo Wish Passer:

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP/252 Def/68 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Protect
- Surf
- Wish

Wish Passer here. Hopefully passing Wish onto weakened Pokes. A good defensive pokemon all around. Trying to not get rid of this, as this is very stable. Thinking about trying a Rest Talk Milotic, but it's not as good as this set.

Currently Testing: Suicune

I'm going to run a CroCune set.

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Surf
- Calm Mind

Physical Sweeper:

Scizor (M) @ Shed Shell/Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 24 HP/252 Atk/232 Spd/252 HP/252 Atk/4Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- X-Scissor
- Bullet Punch
- Roost/SuperPower
- Swords Dance

This guy is awesome. Possibly my best Physical Sweeper. Shed Shell is awesome. This one guy tried to run a Baton pass team, but Scizor Switched out and my Staraptor ran all over his team. 3rd and 4th moveslots are where I'm confused at. If I get a few Sword Dances from Celebi to Scizor, I'm good from there, yet if I don't, then I'll have to compromise. I'm was almost 99% sure I wanted to get rid of Roost, because it is basically useless to me. Scizor either get's WirlWinded/Roared away, or OHKOed. For me, he never lives long enough for me to have time to Roost. He's basically my late game sweeper. This guy is awesome, but not sure about last two slots. If I do decide on the Fighting moves, then I'll switch from Shed Shell to either Choice Band if I picked both Fighting moves, or Life Orb if I only picked one of them.

Currently Testing: SuperPower, 252 HP/252 Atk/4Spd EVs, and Life Orb

Trying SuperPower over Roost. I don't get chance to Roost anyways. Better EVs are good. I just tried the EVs from Smogon Analysis. Trying a more HP buffed up Scizor. Hoping for good results. Life Orb over Shed Shell. Trying to avoid Magnazone, Dugtrio and Umbreon/Mean Look bait.

Special Sweeper:

Raikou @ Leftovers
EVs: 68 HP/252 Spd/116 SAtk/72 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Hidden Power [Grass]

Special Sweeper ftw. Bolt Beam psuendo hits all but Magnazone. But that doesn't matter a lot to me. I do over 50% damage to Magnazone with +6 CMs and T-Bolt anyways. So, ya. CM and Sub for Sky High S.Def. and T-Bolt for STAB. HP Ice is pretty good, but HP Grass is just as good. Trying HP Grass right now, but with not too much results. I'm almost 100% gonna stick with HP Ice. EVs again, taken from Smogon analysis. Not really sure what to put, so I just stuck with their advice.

Currently Testing: HP Grass

HP Grass over HP Ice. Ice is only for Salamence and Friends which I can handle if I switch from Vaporeon to Suicune. HP Grass for Swampert.

Choice Scarf Sweeper:

Staraptor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 60 HP/252 Atk/196 Spd
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Return
- U-turn

Choice Scarf to make it's speed even higher. Not really sure what the purpose of this guy is, but he's sure worth it. He's like the Scizor helper. Help's out Scizor when he's almost screwed. This guy could be replaced with Togekiss as I have had some experiences with HAX. Togekiss is just thoughts right now, but I perfer not since I only have 1 Physical Sweeper.

Currently Testing: Nothing

Not Testing the Above. Leaving this the same until further comments.

Conclusions:
So what'd you guys think? Not bad for a first RMT ehh? I appreciate Comments + Constructive Critisism. Any another pokemon replacements. Please comment. I'll respond as soon as possible (ASAP). Thanks for viewing my RMT. Don't steal to those noobs out there, you know who you are. :P

- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

I'd say Aerodactyl should be your pick because of his speed and ability to taunt almost every lead. Swampert may be bulky but Aerodactyl does his job very well.

Celebi @ Leftovers
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- Substitute/Recover
- Seed Bomb

A SD Celebi...interesting. BP is interesting here as Scizor and Staraptor wouldn't mind the Atk boost and Celebi could use the Attack herself. Seed Bomb for STAB is reasonable too. Only concern for me is Substitute. Thinking about Celebi's bulk, you could replace Substitute for Recover and be able to boost up more to pass. I can see where the sub could help as you don't want Staraptor or Scizor getting pummeled on the pass but trying Recover could be an interesting test.

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Surf
- Wish

Wish passer, something that could help this team out. Now that I look at it, the lack of Recover on Celebi could be because you have a Wish passer. This guy works wonders. He can come in on an attack meant for Celebi or Scizor and take it with ease. And HP Electric is nice to take care of Gyarados.

EVs: 252 Atk / 232 Spd / 24 Hp
- X-Scissor
- Bullet Punch
- Roost/Brick Break/SuperPower
- Swords Dance

Shed Shell...You could try Life Orb here unless you're that worried about Magnezone. Scizor doesn't need Max Speed for his sweep. You could try 252 Atk / 232 Spd / 24 Hp. X-Scissor is a must for STAB purposes. Bullet Punch is the move Scizor has been sporting since the arrival of Platinum, but all that power packed inside a move that comes off a mere 40 BP is amazing. I also suggest keeping Swords Dance as the added power to Bullet Punch is highly needed to pull off many OHKO's. Concerning the last move, it really comes down to Roost and SuperPower. Roost can ensure your longevity but using SuperPower is useful when you predict a Heatran switch in. Your opponent will cry when they see their Scizor counter is crushed into the dust. Now, you could use the less powerful Brick Break but if you want raw power, then SuperPower is your move. Keep in mind your Atk/Def stats are reduced by one stage every time you use SuperPower.

Raikou @ Leftovers
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]/ Hidden Power [Grass]

Ah, CM Raikou...such a beast when excecuted properly. Everything here looks pretty solid except for your choice for a move. Although HP Ice is the common moveset on CM Raikou because of Salamence and friends, Pokemon such as Swampert are higher priority as they take barely anything from HP Ice while Salamence and such are still hit with a 95 x 1.5 BP attack backed up by CM. So, it comes down to whether Salamence or Swampert causes your team more problems. The ev's look fine though.

- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Return
- U-turn

Adamant Choice Scarf with 196 EV's invested gives you 427 Spd. That is more then enough to outspeed most pokemon and even beats things such as Adamant ScarfHeracross and ScarfHeatran. Once again, standard moveset so there isn't much to say here.

On the note of Togekiss, I think you should stick with ScarfRaptor because as you said, you're lacking physical offense and Staraptor would enjoy boasting +2 Atk from Celebi while running at 427 Speed. Overall, the team seems good. However, if you really wanted to take a more offensive approach, you could throw Recover on Celebi and substitute Vaporeon for CM Cune to give you a little more firepower as Suicune can counter the exact same DDGyarados, ScarfTran, and others whom Vaporeon counter so well.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
For your Scizor, go with Superpower and Swords Dance. With Swords Dance, you are guarenteed the Attack boost. You get rid of that, and you're in a gamble that I wouldn't want to be in if I were you. And I agree with AbsolDeath on the Life Orb>Shed Shell. Frankly, if he is a late game sweeper, a boosted Superpower should be able to KO him if at least someone else has done a little bit of damage to it.

- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Thanks for the comment. I was also thinking about keeping Aero, just for the chance that if a T-Tar comes up, I get a boost to my S. Def.

Celebi @ Leftovers
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- Substitute/Recover
- Seed Bomb

I'll try Recover and see what results it'll give me. Hopefully with the extra bulk I can efficiently pass Sword Dance. Less and less Heracross are appearing, so I'll grateful for that. Going to try recover, in hopes of non Heracross battles.

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Surf
- Wish

Can you give me the Moveset and EVs, Nature, etc? Or is this what you were referring to:

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk
Bold nature
- Surf
- Calm Mind
- Roar
- Rest/Ice Beam/HP Electric

If so, can you help me with the last move. Otherwise, I love this moveset:
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam (Thinking of HP Electric when looking at Gyarados, but I'm getting turned off by the ability to not kill Salamence and Friends, so I will most likely stick with Ice Beam.)

This set is the SubCune, which has none the less given me magnificent results. Although I can try Calm Mind Shuffle, which is the first set. Not going to try this until I get results with my other Pokemon. If I do decide to use Suicune, then I will go all out Power on Scizor.

EVs: 252 Atk / 232 Spd / 24 Hp
- X-Scissor
- Bullet Punch
- Roost/Brick Break/SuperPower
- Swords Dance

I'll use the EVs you gave, and yep, that's true, Sword Dance is very helpful if they do take out my Celebi. I was wondering if Brick Break would get an OHKO on T-Tar, but when I tested it against my friend, nothing. Just shy of 2HKO. But then I wonder, why go with Brick Break when I can use a STABBed Bullet Punch. The Life Orb is a hugh chance. If I do decide to remove Vaporeon for Suicune, then I will have to use Roost, eventually I might have to Roost. As for SuperPower, I will try it over Roost, as I don't get a big chance to use Roost. The Wish Pass from Vaporeon is usually enough for me late game. I went from 2-4 with a 2% HP (Sub Salac, although I lost the Salac boost, and was forced to use normal Heatran to sweep :pirate:) Heatran and 97% (Wish Protect) Vaporeon to a 25% Heatran and 98% Vaporeon and 2-0. Big sweep, but I Tricked Scarf to his Smeargle. Boo for Baton Pass Teams. Going to try Life Orb and SuperPower replacing Shed Shell and Roost, respectively.

Raikou @ Leftovers
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]/ Hidden Power [Grass]

Now that I think about it, Thunderbolt would be powerful enough to hopefully get a 2HKO on Salamence and Friends. With HP Grass, I can take out Swampert and hopefully sweep with that. Going to try HP Grass.

- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Return
- U-turn

This is the standard, why did you notice that? :P But ya, I have enough speed to 100% outspeed Scarf Medicham, who OHKOs with Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, etc. I outspeed base 120 neutral nature scarf Pokemon, as well as giving me a few HP EVs. Not really sure for the HP EVs, but I wonder if there are Recoil Numbers, giving me minimal recoil damage, not sure for non life orb Pokemon, but if you can get some numbers, I'd be gladly appreciated.

Thanks for your comments. Hopefully this team will do better with your suggestions. :toast:
For your Scizor, go with Superpower and Swords Dance. With Swords Dance, you are guarenteed the Attack boost. You get rid of that, and you're in a gamble that I wouldn't want to be in if I were you. And I agree with AbsolDeath on the Life Orb>Shed Shell. Frankly, if he is a late game sweeper, a boosted Superpower should be able to KO him if at least someone else has done a little bit of damage to it.
Definetly. I will try SuperPower and keep Sword Dance. Life Orb vs. Shed Shell is a gamble, so I'll try Life Orb. If I get too much stumped by Mean Look, Arena Trap, Magnet Pull, all of which hit me, then I'll stick with Shed Shell. Also, I always thought that Shed Shell never healed more than 6%, but I saw someone heal for 8%, I'm like Woah. If you can tell me what the highest HP heal I can get, I'd be gladly appreciated.

Thanks for your comments. :toast:

Shed shell doesn't heal, and the 8% recovery was probably from a poison heal Breloom with a Toxic Orb. But thats 12.5%.

I've used Shed Shell on my Scizor but it only helps when there is Magnezone on your opponents team, Dugtrio is pretty frail and will be 1HKOed by SD Bullet Punch anyways. So I'd run the LO, It'll help you get some pretty crucial KO's and the 10% drop isn't too bad because you have Vappy to pass Wish to him when he is weak, but if you replace Vappy for Suicune the Life Orb recoil still won't be too bad. You might also want to consider running a bulkier spread on your Scizor, I like to run 252 HP 252 Atk 4Spe because it gives you a better chance to Swords Dance up, plus if you want speed bullet punch pretty much takes care of that.

Good Luck with your team!

Shed shell doesn't heal, and the 8% recovery was probably from a poison heal Breloom with a Toxic Orb. But thats 12.5%.

I've used Shed Shell on my Scizor but it only helps when there is Magnezone on your opponents team, Dugtrio is pretty frail and will be 1HKOed by SD Bullet Punch anyways. So I'd run the LO, It'll help you get some pretty crucial KO's and the 10% drop isn't too bad because you have Vappy to pass Wish to him when he is weak, but if you replace Vappy for Suicune the Life Orb recoil still won't be too bad. You might also want to consider running a bulkier spread on your Scizor, I like to run 252 HP 252 Atk 4Spe because it gives you a better chance to Swords Dance up, plus if you want speed bullet punch pretty much takes care of that.

Good Luck with your team!
Then it must've been a Shed Bell. Or some other healing item that begins with Shed or Shell. If Dugtrio does get 1HKOed by SD Bullet Punch, then I can take out Shed Shell. If I do replace Roost with SuperPower, and Vaporeon with Suicune, then I can 1HKO-2HKO a Magnazone with SuperPower, if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully 1HKO if I've got some SDs up. I'll try your bulky scizor later, because right now I'm testing 24 HP/252 Atk/232 Spd. Hopefully running T-Tar and slower friends. Which is a high possibility.

Thanks for your comment.

It must of been Shell Bell, it heals depending on the amount of damage you dealt. Shell Bell is normally dropped in favour of leftovers due to giving you recovery every turn rather than a weak recovery only on turns you attack. You probably wont get the chance to Swords Dance with Magnezone because they usually run a Timid nature with scarf allowing them to KO with HP Fire, so you have to predict the switch and use superpower.

You should try both CM Cune and SubCune and see which one works with the team better. But my first suggestion would be CM Cune as he can absorb status as well. :)

CroCune is my personal favorite Suicune, It absorbs status, CMs up while using rest to heal itself, and hurts things with surf. Sleep Talk gives you either boosts during rest or attacks, so it is really helpful. You'll often times find yourself getting 5-0s if your opponent doesnt stop it fast enough. The main problem though is Vaporeon, it completely walls this set. Regardless though you should try it out if you have a chance.

252 HP 252 Def 4 SpD
Bold @ Leftovers
Surf
Rest
Sleep Talk
Calm Mind

Thats just my opinion though =D

It must of been Shell Bell, it heals depending on the amount of damage you dealt. Shell Bell is normally dropped in favour of leftovers due to giving you recovery every turn rather than a weak recovery only on turns you attack. You probably wont get the chance to Swords Dance with Magnezone because they usually run a Timid nature with scarf allowing them to KO with HP Fire, so you have to predict the switch and use superpower.
Predicting switches is not the hard part. The hard part is the KO. Most of the people who I fight use Celetran combo. So if they use Celebi, then I switch to Scizor. Then SuperPower and hope for a switch to Heatran or Magnazone and hope for a KO. If they carry both, then that's my only worry. Because then I need to kill both early.

Thanks for the comment.

You should try both CM Cune and SubCune and see which one works with the team better. But my first suggestion would be CM Cune as he can absorb status as well. :)
Yes. I will go with CM Cune. The Status Absorbing power is awesome. But I'm giving up a good recovery move for Status Absorbing. Not really sure I want to do that, but I'll try it.

Thanks for the comment.

CroCune is my personal favorite Suicune, It absorbs status, CMs up while using rest to heal itself, and hurts things with surf. Sleep Talk gives you either boosts during rest or attacks, so it is really helpful. You'll often times find yourself getting 5-0s if your opponent doesnt stop it fast enough. The main problem though is Vaporeon, it completely walls this set. Regardless though you should try it out if you have a chance.

252 HP 252 Def 4 SpD
Bold @ Leftovers
Surf
Rest
Sleep Talk
Calm Mind

Thats just my opinion though =D
I'll use CroCune. Personally, I run with Sub, CM, Surf, Ice Beam, but since I don't have any other status absorber Suicune is a good candidate.

Thanks for your comment.

I have faced this team (or at least I believe), against that Aerodctyls I always fall there, I have a Zapdos Scarfer I use TBolt, the adversary withstands with the FSash and me OHKA Zapsod using Stone Edge.
For the rest I don't succeed in imagining Celebi without Leech Seed.

swampwet should not have a +spe nature because it only has 60 base speed, its supposed to be bulky, not fast, its runnung curse which completely contradicts jolly nature

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)