Pre-bank OU - Very new to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

This is a team that I quickly put together a little while ago. The second proper team that I've made :)
I've never really made any competitive teams before, so any criticism would be helpful. So here we go:

Mega-Venasaur @ Venasaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252HP/252SpA/4Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
I decided to start with Venasaur. With good bulk and recovery, it can deal good damage and still stick around to play. Gets rid of those fairy types and lets me do something to Rotom-W.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 40HP/ 240SpA/228Spe
Modest Nature
-Rain Dance
-Surf
-Draco Meteor
-Ice Beam​

This thing actually did a lot better than I first thought it would. Its main purpose on the team was to set up Rain Dance, allowing me to give Venasaur a safer switch in.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
Sassy Nature
EVs:252HP/4Def/252SpD
-Stealth Rocks
-Spikes
-Thunder Wave
-Gyro Ball​
I love this thing. It is the perfect switch in to M-Khan's Fake Out and sets up hazards to boot. I just recently switched to a Specially Defensive set, rather than 252Def EVs and I have to say it's much better. Taking a 48% hit from a Gengar's Focus Blast, then OHKO'ing it with Gyro Ball always makes for fun times.

Excadrill Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252Atk/252 HP/4 Spe
-Rock Slide
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance
Added this guy 'cause I'm tired of my D'nite losing it's multiscale buff due to rocks. . .

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Bold Nature
EVs: 252HP/252Def/4Spe
-Roar
-Scald
-Wish
-Protect
I love my Eeveelutions. Vaporeon's job is to Burn and stall with some wish support. Roar is there because screw substitute. I also chose this as an easy switch in for all the water attacks aimed towards Excadrill, assuming my opponents aren't smart enough to predict it. I'm also thinking Toxic as a replacement for Protect.

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Dragon Dance
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake
-Outrage​

Dragonite is magnificent.
For this team i decided to try out one with HP investment rather than speed. I'm still unsure whether I like it or not. General strategy is to DD, hopefully take a SE hit and then sweep.

Conclusion ~
If you've made it this far, congratulations. Hopefully you enjoyed my team. I'll be making a few tweaks to it, so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

One small thing; With all the Fairys running around, try out Dragon Claw over Outrage, as with Dragon Claw you arn't locked into it, meaning Fairys cannot setup on you. Outrage is however, more powerful when there are no Fairys around. Your choice.

Hmm, I like what I see in terms of the synergy of your team but... I have a few concerns:

Doesn't Synthesis and Rain Dance clash?

Also, do not run Gyro Ball with Thunder Wave. They simply don't work together because you're making them slower than they actually are and Gyro Ball damage will be significantly less. I would suggest replacing it with Power Whip, or just take out one of the hazards and switch for leech seed + gyro ball

I don't mind running Outrage with all the fairies around (because I run Outrage on my Garchomp) BUT.. You are running a set that has Weakness Policy, so you don't really wanna take any chances and lose your stat boosts so Dragon Claw is good.. Maybe even run Fire Blast to abuse the +2 SpA

Ahh thanks for the advice guys. I completely forgot about synthesis in the rain.
I might switch out spikes on my Ferrothorn; I generally keep T-wave to mess up sweepers since I'm not running any reliable burn.

Read the rules please, you need to improve your descriptions. PM me with better ones and I'll unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)