Other Metagames Prelude To Ragnarök- A Balanced Hackmons Team

Hi, everyone! This is my first Balanced Hackmons RMT, but I've been playing it for a while! I just made this team this morning, but I'm really loving how it looks! If anyone could give me any advice on tweaking it, I'd very greatly appreciate it!

I'd also like to ask that you keep the nomenclature in mind. I tried very hard to keep it all based on Nordic Mythology,

Jormungand (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Draco Meteor
- Overheat
- Moongeist Beam

We all know about ContraRayquaza. It hits hard, it hits fast, and it can single-handedly destroy teams that aren't prepared to take a hit from it. For sake of simplicity, I went with the Smogon recommended set, but with a minor change. One of the biggest answers I've seen to Rayquaza is Sturdy Shedinja. Thusly, I changed out Rayquaza's last move to be Moongeist Beam. Having the ability to hit through Sturdy is an absolute blessing, not to deal with Shedinja, but also in case someone were to bring bullshit strats like in Anything Goes, where I've seen people bring things like a level 1 Aron and Hippopotas that just basically OHKO anything ever. Either way, I digress. Rayquaza is a strong special sweeper on my team, and I'm never dissatisfied with the performance it puts on.

Freyja (Diancie-Mega) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Baneful Bunker/Spiky Shield/King's Shield

Ah, Mega Diancie. I love it so much. The ability to have a massive attack stat and speed are extremely indispensable. Combine that with Pixie Plate and Pixilate, and we know how this goes. Basically, Diancie goes from the spooky scary OU sweeper to the super spooky scary BH cleaner. Fake Out and ESpeed tend to OHKO most things I come across, if not able to dent the absolute living hell out of most things. Boomburst hits things that can take hits from ESpeed, like Fur Coat Mega Steelix. Lastly, I tend to switch between the three protective moves at the end, depending on what seems to be working for me at that particular time. Baneful Bunker and Spiky Shield both deal with a possible Shedinja counterattack, but King's Shield deals with things that could be a potential threat to Diancie on a physical base. The biggest problem that Mega Diancie has is that it could potentially be very fragile, as one Steel move could likely drop it. For example, an Iron Head from, say, an offensive-based Steelix could drop Diancie with ease. Either way, I'm also very satisfied with how Diancie's played out for me, and I regularly recommend using one to my friends, if they're not sure what else they could take as a sixth Pokemon.

Mimir (Gengar-Mega) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Pursuit
- Shell Smash

Mega Gengar is my main Shedinja answer. Due to a lack of Stealth Rock or other entry hazards on my team, I need to rely on my Pokemon's ability to smack Shedinja up a bit. Mold Breaker allows me to do that, via the use of Judgement or Pursuit. If Gengar is sent in against Shedinja at all, Shedinja has to try to OHKO Gengar, or it's going to go down. Pursuit traps Shedinja, putting it in a bad spot. On top of that, running Judgement and Secret Sword allows it to hit nearly everything it comes across. Add a Shell Smash on top of that, and Gengar becomes a very fast glass cannon. The issue is just that, though. Gengar becomes a glass cannon. A few hits or one hard hit basically take it down immediately. However, based on how my team runs, I think Gengar definitely has a place, even if it can't get a Shell Smash off. It still hits very hard and has a respectable speed stat.

Ginnungagap (Shedinja) @ Safety Goggles/Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Endeavor
- Whirlpool/Infestation
- Safeguard/Recycle

I'm so sorry.

Sturdy Shedinja is a scourge. We all know this by now. I'm a terrible person for using it, but let's be honest, it gets the job done. The ability to withstand virtually any hit makes it incredibly strong. Considering it's HP is literally 1, Endeavor makes it a very potent threat to almost anything. I feel that my Shedinja's moveset is fairly stock. I often change out Safety Goggles and Safeguard for Lum Berry and Recycle. Of course, how effectivethis is always depends on who my opponent is. I absolutely hate myself for using Shedinja, but I can't deny how effective it can be against entire teams when its counters are taken out.

Tyr (Deoxys-Attack) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower
- Close Combat

Enter the wildcard on my list. Deoxys-A is quite fast and quite strong. If it can hit a Contrary V-Create off the bat, it boosts its speed to something I've only seen things with Speed Boost or speed-raising moves be able to counter. With that added speed, if it can get off a Superpower or two, it becomes one of the biggest offensive threats I've ever seen with ESpeed. I ran a Sash on it because Deoxys-A's defenses are piss-poor and it would probably die to a Splash from a level 1 Magikarp if Splash could do damage. Anything that has Sucker Punch, however, does kill it with absolute ease if I haven't picked ESpeed. In the event that Deoxys can set up, it's basically game over if there is no answer.

Ymir (Steelix-Mega) @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Amnesia
- Power Trick
- Sunsteel Strike

Lastly, I needed a wall. My team is largely offensive, and Steelix was the one Poke I wasn't really sure about, and quite honestly still am. Either way, Steelix with Fur Coat already has a ridiculous amount of defense, but if you couple that with Cotton Guard, you can get to nigh 5000 defense in a stupidly short amount of time. Of course, that does leave Steelix wide open to Special attacks, and thus my reason for investing in SpD for EVs and running Amnesia. Sunsteel Strike is yet another way to counter Shedinja, which is probably one of the biggest running themes of my teams. Unintentional rhyme ahoy. Either way, once Steelix has fulfilled its tanking role, I can easily have it become a large offensive force with the use of Power Trick. The downside is that Steelix won't be as tanky as before, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem when Steelix is literally the biggest powerhouse in the history of ever.

So, that's my team! I'm quite proud of how it turned out, and I'm hoping that you dear readers have some critiques for me to make this team even better than I believe it is!

Cheers, and thanks for reading.

Not gonna lie, but your team is pretty weak to Imposter chansey. If it comes in on Deoxys or Mega Rayquaza it can countersweep your whole team. Pokemon with those stats don't care how good of a wall Steelix is.
Also, I'd say using Infestation on Sturdinja is the better move. Whirlpool can fail because of Water Absorb :)
Short rate bc I'm in class but I like the team idea1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)