Sports Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

I truly believe it will be Mercedes.
Not that he'd probably be told if it was her, but SRS from Fightful reported that company sources told hm it won't be her.

However Dave Meltzer did say that because of AEW & NJPW's relationship they wouldn't stand in the way of a Will Ospreay announcement either.
And PWInsider reported earlier today that NJPW gave him their blessing to explore contract opportunities with other promotions (so it wouldn't be 'tampering' after all!). I suppose AEW could have come in and sign a contract that doesn't officially kick in until his NJPW contract ends in February.

So now I'm really thinking it'll be Ospreay or someone unexpected...

As for the Devil stuff, I do hope they reveal it at Full Gear because I'm getting kind of sick/bored of the angle - though your idea sounds cool and would give it some new intrigue.

Yep it was Ospreay. But he said he won't be coming in just yet. Finishing up his contractual obligations with New Japan first. Makes sense.

Right now, probably Stardom's Maika or Natsupoi.

Also, what are we thinking of AEW's Continental Classic so far?

Personally I would've liked to see guys like Takeshita, Omega, Hangman etc in it over guys like Lethal, Garcia, and Briscoe - but I get that each block needs its lower card guys to eat losses & play spoiler towards the end. Last night's Dynamite had the first 3 matches of the Gold block and I enjoyed all of them.

Who is your favorite wrestler? For me it is definitely Jeff Hardy
this is insanely hard for me so i tend to just say "the one i like the most is bret hart" then mention others like hbk, mick foley, booker t, raven, angle, asuka/kana, Undertaker, [wcw/japan big van] vader, etc cus it's so hard i grew up with a dad that had mags/best of vhs' with matches/coverage from the late 60s. grew up a super wrestling nerd. like one my legit favs despite the success not meeting the talent level is Kanyon.

ZippyDoo200

Banned deucer.
Today CM Punk returns, beats up Randy Orton and takes his place.

He'll be the one to feud with Cody after he takes the belt from Roman Reigns.

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
calling it now: cm punk to injure his leg before the end of 2024, forcing him away from the ring from a time, this causes his mood to spiral and he misses out on main eventing WM41 vs. roman reigns

obviously a huge return but also lol, lmao.

ZippyDoo200

Banned deucer.
Seth already faced Cody though. I feel like its bad manners to have him be the person to always face ex-AEW guys first thing.

Pretty mid episode - but I liked Seth and Drew's segment... Punk's promo was a bit underwhelming. Shinsuke vs Cody should be a fun filler feud for Cody before he faces Roman again.

He had been out with a torn quad since last November so it's not like he was taking time off to just take time off like a certain Undisputed Universal Champion... but yes it's great to see him back!

ZippyDoo200

Banned deucer.
The Tribal Chief has earned his time off. He and Rhea are so far and away the biggest wrestlers on the planet if you look at stuff like TikTok.

Both of them have insane crossover/universal appeal.

I don't think popularity justifies not showing up for months while being the champion. It wouldn't be a problem if he wasn't champion, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)