XY UU Procrastination | dual-weather balance or some shit

so i'm not putting a lot of effort into this rmt as i did not put a lot of effort into this team. mainly because showdown is a fat sack of dicks and decided it no longer wanted to function for the time being so this is pretty much the result of thinking of neato stuff and slapping it together in the ps teambuilder, which is thankfully still functional. titled the team procrastination as what better of a time to start getting into xy uu when oras is right around the corner? anyway here we go:

team preview:

in-depth i guess:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 164 HP / 168 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch

i like jirachi in ou so i figured i'd like it here as well. and perhaps i might once i actually get to use it, but we shall see. anyway i remember seeing a jirachi/machamp core from the dpp era and this was jirachi's set, no clue what the evs are supposed to do but hey. i've grown to not trust the dex analyses in being up-to-date, so if anyone has a superior set, hmu. anyway it kills florges and walls crobat and that seemed sort of significant from my limited knowledge of the tier, plus flinching random stuff. fire punch is mainly for other jirachi and possibly some other things, or just generic neutral coverage.

Machamp @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- DynamicPunch
- Knock Off

i've actually used this set in ou but with ice punch>knock off, and it's pretty fun there so it's a start here i guess. i put knock off over ice punch though as the coverage is generally better and gliscor doesn't exist in this tier. i guess there's still gligar but knock off should help with that. anyway resttalk for longevity and shrugging off status and the like.

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Roost

i was under the impression that crobat was the tits in uu so here he is. plus, a fast taunt seems pretty good anywhere. fast u-turn, too. plus, it has decentish synergy with jirachi, so why not? i guess this would function as the stallbreaker of the team, if flinching blissey to death doesn't count as stallbreaking.

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

abomasnow seems cool on paper but i have a feeling it's gonna be dicks. that typing is just so shit defensively, which is only made worse by that atrocious speed. but grass/ice seems like good offensive coverage for the rest of the team, so i'd like to at least give it a go, but since it still gets wrecked by mega blastoise 1v1 it likely won't be here for long. at least it's neutral to ice. that's... something. maybe.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 240 HP / 192 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic/Whirlwind/Rock Slide
- Slack Off

this is my ou hippo set, and it seemed like it'd function here just fine. although perhaps defensive krookodile functions better in uu? i can't really say for certain, just going off my experience in ou, which is likely worthless, and the uu viability rankings. anyway, sr setter, toxic staller, but it gets walled to shit by crobat so maybe whirlwind or rock slide would be better. you tell me.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 36 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

reflect type starmie without reflect type, pretty much, as pursuit trapping doesn't appear to be a common thing in uu, wherease psyshock kills roserade and crobat so that's nice. status absorber, rapid spinner, burn spreader. nice. anyway perhaps empoleon would be better for removing hazards but i really have no idea. they both kind of die to mega blastoise and ampharos but cover other things so we shall see.

and there you have it. feel free to mock my inexperience with the tier. here's an importable for those willing to help out once ps comes back to life:
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 164 HP / 168 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch

Machamp @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- DynamicPunch
- Knock Off

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Roost

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 240 HP / 192 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 36 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

I don't know...I usually enjoy reading your posts, but this here kinda makes me depressed? :D
Shouldn't quality over quantity be here the rule?

Anyway, when PS comes back to live, I guess I will give it a try and see what may be threatening.
I see not really many glaring weaknesses, but some things which came to my mind:
- you shouldn't let Honchkrow get a moxie boost (sub with Jirachi then to dodge the sucker?)
- be careful with Hydreigon because you don't have really anything to take a Dark Pulse + Draco (Av Machamp for this problem?)
- predict right against Nidoking, as it can kill nearly every mon of your team with the right coverage move

I don't know...I usually enjoy reading your posts, but this here kinda makes me depressed? :D
Shouldn't quality over quantity be here the rule?

Anyway, when PS comes back to live, I guess I will give it a try and see what may be threatening.
I see not really many glaring weaknesses, but some things which came to my mind:
- you shouldn't let Honchkrow get a moxie boost (sub with Jirachi then to dodge the sucker?)
- be careful with Hydreigon because you don't have really anything to take a Dark Pulse + Draco (Av Machamp for this problem?)
- predict right against Nidoking, as it can kill nearly every mon of your team with the right coverage move
usually yeah, but that's in ou where i generally have some concept of what i'm talking about :/ this here is mostly an shortcut of sorts to try and get to know the tier better through those more experience with it, as i rarely find time to ladder anymore, even when it's working, but i would like to get to know the other tiers. i kind of forgot nidoking existed when i put this together so thanks for pointing that out. i like some longevity on my machamps, usually, but assault vest might be better for that. also i might just scrap hippowdon for donphan so i can free up room for dealing with these other threats you mention. what could fit well in the last slot? suicune? umbreon might do better against nidoking and hydreigon, though. hm. yeah once i do actually have time to test/learn the tier i will likely do a massive overhaul on this

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
If youre running rest talk champ why wouldn't you run guts? Just a question as sleep counts as status. The only reason id see why you wouldn't would be you don't want drops from CC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)