Project PS NU Room Teambuilding Workshops [see post #183]

Gotta go kingler again for bants jk use Simisear
Dis edit: Gonna say no to this because I think Simisear is primarily outclassed as a Fire-type in NU and it would be hard to build with

Last edited by a moderator:
Because my shit suggestion got chosen last time, now I choose Pidgeot. Stack it with Swellow and gg.

Dis edit: gonna say no for now because I don't think Pidgeot is viable enough to build an effective team around

2nd edit: Rotom Freeze! STAB boltbeam is godly

Last edited:
Seviper

Dis edit:
While I think Seviper has a small niche in NU, I think it might be a tad difficult to build with so I'm not going to include it for now

I think Agility Kingler is a quality set™ in NU and you should try to build around it
don't hurt me

Jynx is a really cool pokemon (pun intended :)) right now, especially sash, so that might be fun to play with.

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Jumpluff
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Drain Punch

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Vacuum Wave

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Rotom @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 144 HP / 112 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Earthquake

Here's the team! A majority of us decided on Jumpluff so we went with that. The PS NU Room ended up being an infinitely better medium for controlling discussion and we'll be consistently holding them there from now on. I did my best to pay attention to chat but an emergency popped up in the middle of the workshop that was more important. I'd like to thank Kiyo for taking the initiative as my cohost and making the team a great success!

I'll include a brief teambuilding process log when things aren't as pressing. In the meantime, here's a great replay of Kiyo testing the team out against Realistic Waters :
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-267235862

See you guys in 2 weeks or so! Thanks for making this easier on everyone!

Pretty strong "standard" team to help new player get a grasp for the tier. I watched most of the process/didn't contribute and it was nice to see. The process log might be even be the most valuable thing to come out of this- it gives ppl an idea of what some of the better players think of when building a team. I know I'd enjoy being able to read it when I'm stuck sometimes.

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, next workshop is coming up this Saturday! I'll be cohosting with the wonderful QueenOfLuvdiscs at 3 PM EST (GMT -4)

As a result, I'll be opening up voting now! Keep all of your nominations to Pokemon in the B- to S Ranks on the Viability Rankings. You can find the ranks here.

Edit: Oh and I forgot to mention that Quite Quiet has upgraded our resident bot, BB-8-NU, with the ability to record the logs for the team building process. I know a couple of you were asking for logs, so I hope everyone appreciates the effort he's put into this :)

Last edited:
Wow, Disjunction wants to kill all of my suggestions apparently, can't even nom Zweilous....

FREE SCRAGGY

If I really have to conform, then Vanilluxe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)