PU Raichu (Nasty Plot) [done]

Stories

now I am become eepy, taker of naps.
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
:bw/raichu:

[SET]
Nasty Plot (Raichu) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Lightning Rod
Tera Type: Flying / Water / Ice
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt / Volt Switch
- Surf
- Tera Blast / Encore / Focus Blast

[SET COMMENTS]

Raichu is a premier special wallbreaker in PU thanks to its excellent Speed and coverage, bolstered further by Nasty Plot and Terastallization. Surf makes for naturally great coverage with Thunderbolt, hitting Ground-types like Camerupt and Alolan Dugtrio and the myriad of Fire-types roaming PU, like Charizard, Houndoom, and Pyroar. Grass Knot can be used instead to hit Whiscash much harder, but Surf makes for generally better coverage outside of this. Tera Blast Flying gives Raichu coverage to hit Grass-types like Gogoat and Flapple, which can otherwise effortlessly take its other attacks. Tera Flying inverts Raichu's Ground weakness while only having two weaknesses thanks to Lightning Rod. Lightning Rod also makes Tera Water a great defensive option that also boosts Surf's power. Tera Blast Ice offers a comfortable midground between both Ground- and Grass-types, although this creates a worse defensive typing than that of Water or Flying, and many Ground-types are neutral to Ice, such as Camerupt and Whiscash. Encore locks Pokemon that can take on Raichu with their natural bulk, such as Carbink, Klawf, and Misdreavus, into setup moves or entry hazards, allowing it to set up more easily.

Raichu appreciates the support of Grass-types like Gogoat, Leafeon, and Quilladin taking on Ground-types like Dugtrio, Gabite, and Whiscash until they're worn into range of Raichu's +2 attacks. In return, Raichu assists its Grass-type teammates by offensively threatening Flying-types like Charizard and Honchkrow. Although Raichu's Speed tier is quite excellent, its poor bulk leaves it vulnerable to the few faster Pokemon faster than it, like Dugtrio, Alolan Persian, and Choice Scarf Lycanroc-N, so defensive pivots like Lumineon and Perrserker work in tandem to help Raichu safely come in and out of battle. Indeedee's Psychic Surge assists Raichu by shielding it from priority attacks that expose its poor bulk, such as Sucker Punch from Alolan Dugtrio, Honchkrow, and Houndoom, as well as Aqua Jet from Basculin and Quick Attack from Zangoose.

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/togkey.400664/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/melt-gibson.617840/
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/dawn-of-ares.467437/

Last edited:

gulch

formerly Melt Gibson
is a Forum Moderator
qc check let's get it [1/1]
add remove change

:bw/raichu:

[SET]
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt / Volt Switch (Volt is an option for teams in need of the pivot)
- Surf
- Tera Blast / Focus Blast / Encore (Focus Blast catches switches from stuff like Alolan Persian)

Water and Flying are explained, Ice gives you a way to hit Grass-types like Gogoat and also a super effective button for Rotom-S

[SET COMMENTS]

Raichu is a premiere (We use American English in this house, it's premier) special wallbreaker in PU due to its excellent speed and coverage, bolstered further by Nasty Plot and Terastallization. Surf makes for naturally great coverage with Thunderbolt, hitting Ground-types like Camerupt and Alolan Dugtrio. (Would also maybe mention that it gives you a super effective option for the Fire-types since all three of them are very strong and relevant and Raichu is faster than all three unboosted. Kinda a nitpick though.) Grass Knot can be used instead to hit Whiscash much harder, but Surf makes for generally better coverage outside of this. Flying Tera Blast (It's Tera Blast Flying) gives Raichu coverage to hit Grass-types like Gogoat and Flapple, which can otherwise effortlessly take Electric- , Water-, and Grass-type attacks. Tera Flying also inverts Raichu's Ground weakness while only having two weaknesses thanks to Lightning Rod. Lightning Rod also makes Tera Water a great defensive option while also boosting Surf's power (Not super necessary since you touch on the important part that Lightning Rod makes you immune to Electric moves, but might be nice to add that Water also gives you some really clutch resistances in comparison to Flying, notably to Fire, Ice, and Water). Encore can be used to lock Pokemon into ineffective moves and allow Raichu to setup more easily. (Gimme some examples.)

Raichu appreciates the support of Grass-types like Gogoat, Leafeon, and Quilladin to take on Ground-types like Dugtrio and Gabite (Would probably mention Whiscash here since earlier you say that taking Grass Knot to hit it isn't really worth.) until they're worn into range of Raichu's +2 attacks. Moreover, Raichu assists its Grass-type teammates by offensively threatening Flying-types like Charizard and Honchkrow. Although Raichu's speed tier is quite excellent, it's poor bulk leaves it vulnerable to the few faster Pokemon in the tier (Probably worth the mention that Raichu also dislikes strong priority for the same reasons.) like Dugtrio, Alolan Persian, and Choice Scarf Lycanroc-M (Not sure if this was a typo but N is for Midnight), so defensive pivots like Lumineon and Perrserker work in tandem to help Raichu safely come in and out of battle.

(Most of these changes are really just small things or nitpicks, the actual overall quality is fine here. Good job!)

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/user5.104/

Stories

is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
qc check let's get it [1/1]
add remove change
implemented BUT I really don't see the value in Tera Ice that Water or Flying doesn't do. It's a solid midground between the two but is much worse at beating Grasses and beating Grounds so I worry that it's not really worth running, if you really insist upon it though I will add it just lmk.

Reactions: asa

gulch

formerly Melt Gibson
is a Forum Moderator
implemented BUT I really don't see the value in Tera Ice that Water or Flying doesn't do. It's a solid midground between the two but is much worse at beating Grasses and beating Grounds so I worry that it's not really worth running, if you really insist upon it though I will add it just lmk.
it was suggested by like three ppl when i got feedback on this but i also think it being a midground is enough to make it worth adding since some teams really need the broad check

Stories

it was suggested by like three ppl when i got feedback on this but i also think it being a midground is enough to make it worth adding since some teams really need the broad check
okie, do you wanna double check the stuff you suggested I add before this goes onto gp

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
add
remove
comment

[SET]
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt / Volt Switch
- Surf
- Tera Blast / Encore / Focus Blast

[SET COMMENTS]

Raichu is a premier special wallbreaker in PU due thanks to its excellent Speed speed and coverage, bolstered further by Nasty Plot and Terastallization. Surf makes for naturally great coverage with Thunderbolt, hitting Ground-types like Camerupt and Alolan Dugtrio and. Surf also offers great coverage against the myriad of Fire-types roaming PU, (add comma) like Charizard, Houndoom, and Pyroar, all of which are slower than Raichu. Grass Knot can be used instead to hit Whiscash much harder, but Surf makes for generally better coverage outside of this. Tera Blast Flying gives Raichu coverage to hit Grass-types like Gogoat and Flapple, which can otherwise effortlessly take its other attacks.Electric- , Water-, and Grass-type attacks. Tera Flying also inverts Raichu's Ground weakness while only having two weaknesses thanks to Lightning Rod. Lightning Rod also makes Tera Water a great defensive option that also boosts while also boosting Surf's power. Encore can be used to lock Pokemon into ineffective moves and allow Raichu to setup more easily. Tera Blast Ice offers a comfortable midground between both Ground- and Grass-types, although this creates a worse defensive typing than that of Water or Flying, and many Ground-types are neutral to Ice, (add comma) such as Camerupt and Whiscash. Encore locks Pokemon that can take on Raichu with their natural bulk, such as Carbink, Klawf, and Misdreavus, into setup moves or entry hazards, allowing it to set up more easily. Even Pokemon with the natural bulk to take on Raichu, like Carbink, Klawf, and Misdreavus must be wary of Encore when using setup moves or entry hazards.

Raichu appreciates the support of Grass-types like Gogoat, Leafeon, and Quilladin to taketaking on Ground-types like Dugtrio, Gabite, and Whiscash until they're worn into range of Raichu's +2 attacks. In returnMoreover, Raichu assists its Grass-type teammates by offensively threatening Flying-types like Charizard and Honchkrow. Although Raichu's speed Speed tier is quite excellent, it's its poor bulk leaves it vulnerable to the few faster Pokemon faster than it, (add comma) like Dugtrio, Alolan Persian, and Choice Scarf Lycanroc-N, so defensive pivots like Lumineon and Perrserker work in tandem to help Raichu safely come in and out of battle. Indeedee's Psychic Surge assists Raichu by shielding it from priority attacks that expose its poor bulk, such as Sucker Punch from Alolan Dugtrio, Honchkrow, and Houndoom, as well as Aqua Jet from Basculin and Quick Attack from Zangoose.

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/user5.104/

Dawn-of-Ares_Small.gif

gp 1/1
GP Team done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)