Rain Shift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shif t

The Team

I decided to build my own rain team, but a bit differently. I wanted to check as much threats as i could, while maintaining as few weaknesses as possible.

At a Glance:

Darty the Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Evs:252 Spd 136 Sdef 122 Satk

Timid @ Drizzle

Moveset: Hydro Pump, Psychic, Ice Beam, Hidden Power (Ghost)

My set on Politoed is all offensive but with Evs enough to withstand neutral damage attacks and a Choice Scarf to out-speed a lot of threats. I don't like the perish song set, its too risky and although it might force that switch, at the same time he might get fainted and he is a counter to other weather teams.

Rod The Thundurus-T @ Leftovers
Evs: 252 Spd 252 SAtk

Timid @ Volt Absorb

Moveset: Nasty Plot, Thunder, Hidden Power (Water), Focus Blast

Why the team name shift? Well a lead politoed can get countered with as many pokemon as he counters himself. Lead Starmies running thunderbolt, or lead Brelooms packing bullet seed... Thanks to his wonderful Volt Absorb, he can render electric useless and hopefully forcing a switch, set up his nasty plot and a STAB 120 base thunder, is fatal to almost anything that doesn't resist it. Hidden power Water (boosted with rain) for hitting the bold rock types that can run his threat, rock slide.

Lifeguard The Kingdra @ Lum berry
Evs: 252 Spd 252 Atk

Jolly @ Swift Swim

Moveset: Waterfall, Bounce, Dragon Dance, Outrage

Kingdra was my response to Tyranitar. Although she loses the swift swim while facing one she is still able to outspeed it waterfall it to death (assuming a dragon dance is set up). The second reason i chose him was her swift swim. Boosted speed is nothing to mess with especially with a dragon dance set. Kindra is a obvious threat for many teams as her bounce counters many grass types, and a thunder wave is negated by her lum berry or confusion from outrage. My final reason is simply her unpredictability. Kingdra is often seen running mixed sweeper sets, it leaves the opponent wondering and if they decided to play it safe and switch, the dragon dance should reveal the set... after its too late. Kingdra also boasts many resistances.

Rosebush the Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Evs: 252 Hp 88 Def 170 SpD

Relaxed @ Iron Barbs

Moveset: Toxic, Stealth Rock, Thunder wave, Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn, all though suffering from a X4 weakness to fire fits this team well. His weakness in rain is reduced to a mere X2 given his excellent defensive stats, and his role is to hurt physical attackers, set up his rocks, and cripple anything that needs it.

BugBud The Scizor @ Choice Band
Evs: 252 Hp 252 Atk

Adamant @ Technician

Moveset: Bullet Punch, Superpower, U-turn, Pursuit

Not much to say about this thing except that's its an absolute BEAST! He also resists fire in the rain making it X2 weakness, and combined with the hp Evs, can live its a little less than half health, assuming he isn't using bullet punch in the first place. Scizors role, priority. Choice Banded Bullet punches are ridiculous. Scizor can u-turn out if he senses danger, and pursuit anything trying to run from him.

Fluffs The Dragonite @
Leftovers
Evs: 252 Hp 252 Sp Def 4 SpAtk

Calm @ Multiscale

Moveset: Hurricane, Thunder, Dragon Tail, Roost

Dont let his name fool you, Fluffy tanks. I chose Dragonite because of hurricane, and thunder. Both powerful attacks with 100% accuracy. Dragonites multiscale ability lets him scout that initial counter move and roost up back to full health resetting multiscale. Once he knows what hes dealing with, he either stays in and hurricanes it to death, or switches out into something that can resist it well and counter it, or Dragon Tail it out.

Final Look:

Last minute Facts:
I didn't just build this team now, i have been trying it out on Pokemon online and have seen lots of sucess with it. In a total of 30 matches 23 were won, and 7 lost. Ill admit some of the teams were mediocre but none the less this team has put in work.

Threats
Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Latios @ Life Orb
terrakion @ Choice Scarf --so so-- ive killed them but they do damage while they are alive.
Brelooms @ Focus Sash

If i Missed anything please feel free to point them out. In this case anything is importable!

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hi

Drizzle + Swift Swim is banned. Find a replacement for Kingdra. You also need to improve some of your descriptions, especially Ferrothorn and Politoed since they are kinda short. Around 3 lines should be enough when not bolded.

I'm locking this for now. PM me with the Kingdra replacement and the improved descriptions and I'll unlock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)