Rarely Used (RU) Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a silly arguement to say Murkrow is broken becuase you can't taunt or phase it, might as well ban it in OU under that logic. If anything its too bulky or something for RU.
Too bulky? I've tried using a Murkrow of my own and it walls neutral hits all day, but is frail when it is hit by a super effective move. Steels deal with him adequately, Magneton and Ferroseed with Gyro Ball in particular.

I use featherdance/taunt/roost/night shade on my Murkrow with most investment in special defence. With featherdance/taunt he can wall most physical attackers including stat uppers etc. It's pretty damn amazing I've got to say.

I've been using a Max HP and Sp D perish trapping Murkrow with Roost and Feather Dance to great effect. It great for taking out things but I have to be wary of Toxic and Taunt.

Red

So every other Pokemon that isn't in that Pokemon list in the Opening post isn't banned from RU?

There's a thread somewhere that specifically lists out everything that can be used in each tier, including RU.

I love The Smog sometimes, but other times I really hate it. Today is one of those times mainly because Scolipede might actually rise to UU. I want to use him in RU and destroy everything. Dammit The Smog. At least they gave me a cool moveset to try out.

Here it is: (designated lead scolipede)

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Spikes
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Toxic Spikes / Rock Slide

Although it is really effective as a Designated Lead, I honestly prefer either a Choice Band Megahorn set or a Swords Dance set. Hell Bug/Ground/Rock is decent coverage.

Scolipede needs Rock Slide in RU. I have found that Megahorn and Rock Slide are really all the coverage he needs. The remaining slots can be taken up by Spikes and Swords Dance imo. He is very good in this tier and forces the opponent into awkward positions with his speed, power and support options.

Scolipede needs Rock Slide in RU. I have found that Megahorn and Rock Slide are really all the coverage he needs. The remaining slots can be taken up by Spikes and Swords Dance imo. He is very good in this tier and forces the opponent into awkward positions with his speed, power and support options.
I would say that this set would be the best for Scolipede in RU based on the above quoted post:

Scolipede @ Focus Sash/Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Megahorn
- Toxic Spikes
- Swords Dance

Which means I agree with you obviously, well kinda. Toxic Spikes and Rock Slide instead of Earthquake and Spikes because there are very few steels in this tier and also very few Poisons as well besides other Scolipedes.

With this set he works as a lead and a sweeper. In RU not many things can actually stop him.

EDIT: You could add something else besides Focus Sash, but without it you have to worry about EVERY single fire pokemon in this tier with a scarf. Typholosion, Entei and even Emboar.

Well while Typhlosion is still primarily Scarfed (SubPetaya doesn't exist in 5th gen for abvious reasons), I've found that Banded Entei is more common than Scarf, and I've also seen more Flame Charge Emboar's than Scarf. Also, Zam completely destroys Scolipede unless you have a Sharpedo to back it up.

Well while Typhlosion is still primarily Scarfed (SubPetaya doesn't exist in 5th gen for abvious reasons), I've found that Banded Entei is more common than Scarf, and I've also seen more Flame Charge Emboar's than Scarf. Also, Zam completely destroys Scolipede unless you have a Sharpedo to back it up.
Thats why its wiser to go with Focus Sash against Alakazam. He tries to one shot you and you one shot him but I do see the need for some sort of dark type partner to Scolipede.

What about Absol?
Its inferior to Honchcrow in just about every single way. If you're looking to sweep with Swords Dance + Sucker Punch then Bisharp is a better choice.

Any good checks/counters to Yanmega?
I personally use specially defensive Clefable with Magic Guard and Encore. Checks a wide range of special attackers, is invulnerable to Toxic damage and Entry Hazards.

I've been using Eviolite Piloswine with the following moves:
SR
Ice Shard
Icicle Crash
Earthquake

It's quite bulky and can get you some key KOs.

Its inferior to Honchcrow in just about every single way. If you're looking to sweep with Swords Dance + Sucker Punch then Bisharp is a better choice.
Bisharp is UU. Absol has more Attack and Speed, no Stealth Rock weakness and the ability to boost attack power over Honchkrow.

I wanna be greedy but I guess I'll share my baby.(for reference rank 58 w/ 1167 pts,not great but not shabby and I only play 2-4 days a week so it doesn't get stale)

Kangaskhan (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Return
- Earthquake

Has been a staple on my team since UU was made and then transfered her over to RU. She's just great. Return is obvious 102 STAB off of not bad (for RU) 95 atk. EQ is for coverage.The bread and butter is dual priority in STAB fake out and then suckerpunch. This is why I love her so. Nearly always nets me a KO and w/ LO usually more, especially if I keep hidden the fact that I have sucker punch. W/ this set she can EASILY revenge and scrappy makes sure she isn't walled by ghosts. With Lifeorb she can dish out many hits but w/ 105/80/80 def. she can take a hit if she needs. Switch in, fake out + sucker punch. Base 90 spd (in case you're curious) I put honchcrow in her place and... well I swapped them back out. :P

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Okay guys, I want to get into the RU metagame, but I don't know anything. I'm already really familiar with pokes like honchkrow, cresselia, gastrodon, venomoth and alakazam, and I love the concept of a tier where cresselia doesn't have to worry about weather fucking up her moonlight.

So can someone please give me a basic rundown of the current meta? Something along the lines of:

Yanmega is the most feared poke in RU and everyone runs eviolite munchlax to counter it. Gastrodon and quagsire are prominent walls, so people put random grass moves on everything to take them out.

ect. ect. ect.

Thanks everyone!

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
O_O

Redjar, don't be silly. Of course I've seen the threatlist.

Experience says much more than a list of pokes can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)